SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-22-2004, 15:24   #1
groverglock
Guns & Hoses

Funniest Call

We all have memorable calls. Some are tragic, some are miracles and some are hilarious.

This call is one of the most hilarious ones I have been on.

0130, quick call goes off. Medical aid for maternity. Location is under an overpass on the highway. All sorts of things come to mind... homeless person perhaps.

Request an update and find out the CHP has a car stopped and are requesting an ambulance.

Arrive on scene and find 3 patrol cars have a sedan stopped. All 3 officers are at the left rear door, "helping" with holding the flashlights.

I get to the patient and get the history. She had visited a hospital in her hometown about 100 mile away and was told she had time to make it to the larger city where her doctor was. Her mother and her husband loaded her in the back seat of the car, Mom driving, and headed out.

About 30 miles from the hospital things went south, baby was trying to see what was giong on, and mom floored it to arrive at the hospital before the baby.

Enter CHP.

Mom did not want to stop, CHP called for help, car finally stopped with 3 CHP cars in pursuit.

Back to the young lady, age 18. There we are, she's laying in the back seat, 5 flashlights (3 CHP, 2 FD) aimed at the point of entry into the world for this young 'un. The air is filled with tension to say the least.

I get the laundry situation out of the way and say to her, "You are going to have to help me with this. Please put your right foot on the floor and your left foot on the back of the seat so I can get to this."

She smiles and said, "Gee, that's the way this whole thing got started."

Last edited by groverglock; 10-22-2004 at 15:26..
groverglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 18:16   #2
sdfhpson

Last edited by sdfhpson; 10-27-2004 at 19:59..
sdfhpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 22:16   #3
jlw_84
General Glocker

We recieved a call directly at the station one day, old lady reported her cat was stuck in the tree.

Our senior caption, who has a dry sense of humor says,

" Lady, I've lived in this county my whole life, and not once has there ever been a cat skeleton found in a tree, Good Day"

;f ;a
jlw_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 03:59   #4
clubsoda22

On that note, we got dispatched to a minor fire at a SFD, no biggie, but if you know my county you know you can't throw a stick without hitting 6 firehouses. So there's over a dozen pieces of apparatus on scene and the inquisitive neighbor walks up to me and asks what happened. My smartass probie quickly responds "Cat in a tree, ma'am"

She responds "Oh my, that's terrible" and goes on her way. He gained serious points with me for the quick thinking.
clubsoda22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 16:11   #5
oldstyle
Jeep Pirate

It wasn't a call, but you should have seen the look on the face of the transfered ghetto FF as a dozen head of cattle, and a hollering farmer, raced across the property of my rural station.
Old 10-30-2004, 22:45   #6
SLIDER in KY

I've been in EMS for a total of nine years now and the funniest call of my career happened about a year and a half ago. It was around 0130 hours and the tones went off. The dispatcher was obviously fighting laughter as she gave the info..."Medic 61, respond code 2 to XXX street. You have a 55 y/o female with a bug in her ear." We arrived on scene and this not-so-classy lady with only six teeth (and four of them were in her pocket!!) met us at her front door with her head tilted to the side, banging her head with the opposite hand. She said that she was lying in bed and a cockroach crawled into her ear. We were standing in her living room (TRUST ME, YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO SIT ON HER FURNITURE) and all of the sudden, the blanket on the couch moved!! I jumped back just as a Chihuahua ran out from under the covers. I told her that she should train the dog to catch the cockroaches. She was quick to inform me that her dog caught the mice and her cat usually caught the roaches. By this time, my partner and I were fighting back the laughter. This lady was very adamant about going to the ER for evaluation and, I suppose, roach extrication. We took her and then got our butts chewed by the ER doc for not removing the roach on scene. I guess the doc just didn't want to have his sleep disturbed!!!! Anyway, sorry for the long post. It was just a great run! I even went to the dispatch and made an audio copy of the run starting with the initial 911 call to the end of the run. I still listen to it every once in a while!!
SLIDER in KY is offline   Reply With Quote