Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-26-2004, 17:37   #1
MGomez81

WTB an Electronic Keyboard... Your suggestions please

Okay folks... I would like to get myself an electronic keyboard or digital piano depending on the proper terminology. I cannot justify more than say $300, and a good, well taken care of used model that retails new for over $300 is not out of the question. I have been eBay searching. However, I do not know much about which are better or worse. I see plenty of Yamaha's out there. Along with other brands which I know little of. I would like one with preferably 76 keys (the shorter ones just don't look very serious). I would like the best bang for my buck. I would be taking it from the beginning as far as learning goes, but I would like to be able to progress with this keyboard. Having a piano-like feel would be nice, some sort of computer interaction would possibly also be a plus but not exactly a must. Should I worry about a sustain pedal? I want to be able to learn on this keyboard and then sit at a piano and play.

Please make any recommendations you might have, personal experience or first hand knowledge of course always a plus. If there is one out there that you'd spend money on, let me know. Thanks for the help!

Last edited by MGomez81; 10-26-2004 at 17:42..
MGomez81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 14:09   #2
nickg

most of your cheaper (in price but not necessarily quality) keyboards usually have a "synth" type feel to the keyboard as opposed to a more realistic "piano" feel.

you usually pay more for a "weighted" keys feature.

but there are some nice keyboards out there just for tinkering around, especially if you are a beginner.

yamaha, roland, casio, and alesis all make quality keyboards without breaking the bank. it all depends on what features you want and how much you want to spend.