Originally posted by RBR
Plus it installed some type of spyware (webrebates.exe)that I haven't been able to completely rip off my PC. Still getting pop-ups frequently since this was installed.
I mentioned "webrebates.exe" in another thread about cleaning up my computer, but I can't find it now and the search function is still kaput.
I got that on my computer, but from a different download (don't remember what). It took multiple AdAware and similar program runs, with updated version downloads, to get most of it out. Even then I had to use the search files function on my computer, using multiple variations on the name, to delete various files. EVEN THEN, I had to simply search through various files manually and kept finding related files. As far as I know, I've got it out.
I am pretty safe when downloading to the extent of my knowledge. This program was piggybacked onto something that normally shouldn't have been a problem.