Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-11-2004, 18:16   #1
Ffolkes

America's Army game question

Is there a first person component to this game or is it online play only?
__
ffolkes.
"This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." -- John Steinbeck
Ffolkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 13:16   #2
Alexit

Online only...the training missions might be local, but you have to have account access to start those too.
Alexit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 14:21   #3
fastvfr
Ancient Tech

Send a message via Yahoo to fastvfr
Right.

That server-stored-player-info boondoggle is one of my biggest gripes about AA.

If the server your stats are stored on crashes or isn't maintained properly, your training, honor points, rank and everything else is gone. Forever. That is not right.

Check their forums for more on that...

I think Uncle Sugar could have, and should have, done a far better job of building their game engine.

Few things make less sense than making thousands of people rely on the sysadmin skills of a nameless goober somewhere for the safekeeping of their points and records accrued during many months of gameplay.

I can't even bring myself to invest the time to become a Sharpshooter, since that M16 you are issued in-game shoots like a Daisy Red Rider BB gun as far as accuracy goes; seriously, you hold to the same POA five times, and get only three hits. WTF? Am I shooting through the same damn holes? AND THAT DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE WHY??? And the screwiest thing has to be that this usually happens on the two targets closest to the firing line; there is no chance that those are being missed...but tell that to the server. Heh heh.

So you essentially have to try again and again to see if the server will perchance not screw you out of points and actually allow you to miss only a couple of times.

And THEN that gives you the opportunity to put your trust in a different server to remember the ten hours or so you had to put in to get that mark, and all the training you did thereafter...

Nah. Once burned you are, twice as cautious you should be.

After all, dese is Genuine US Army servers we is dealin' wif heah! Remember how the Army makes its recruits destroy all those M16's in order to 'clean' them for inspections?

What fact has been suggested that would make anyone think that their servers are subjected to any better treatment?!?
fastvfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 20:48   #4
GLOCKFAN4LIFE

Send a message via Yahoo to GLOCKFAN4LIFE

wow

didnt think it ever happened to anyone else,had 56 honor and BAM gone server crashed and burned aao has since fixed these probs they say???
GLOCKFAN4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:58   #5
fastvfr
Ancient Tech

GLOCKFAN4LIFE, the issues are still there, and IMHO have probably gotten worse.

I know 5 guys who used to play and one who still does.

Out of five, three have had to start over at least once )one had 74 Honor and was quite popular; the servers wouldn't let him use his old handle since they apparently remembered that much, but none of his stats. He couldn't log onto the main site's Personnel Folder with his handle/password, either. Weird.

The other two got banned for cheating by PunkBuster, which meant one guy on an ISP got shut down, and since PB kills that IP's local range to keep DHCP from letting people back in, the other guy got locked out for no reason.

The 'Admins' wouldn't even entertain the idea of letting either of them back on, which is BS because I played with the guy who was accused of cheating and he was about the lousiest player ever. Virtual Cannon Fodder, is all he was! He would not have sucked nearly so bad if he could have set up Autoaim or something!!

So, needless to say, it's been awhile since I played.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:53   #6
GLOCKFAN4LIFE

wow

well i play all the time and im very active on aao forums and things are getting better just the hackers wont quit...The Players Club
Old 12-03-2004, 10:54   #7
GLOCKFAN4LIFE

hope noone minds the siggy;P
Old 12-10-2004, 19:16   #8
popnfresh
dauernd wachsam

Send a message via Yahoo to popnfresh
I have not had any problems yet, I have been playing it on and off for about a year.

I just qualified as a sniper, woohoo. I tried to score high enough to get into sniper training a million times with no luck, I put in a new mobo and processor and got it the first try, even without the sound working(to hear in and exhale).
Everything work sooo much smoother now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
popnfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 21:42   #9
TechniK
4B50LU7 H4X0R.

Send a message via AIM to TechniK
I got up to 30 honor but I havn't played for ages.

I had got all the targets to be able to use the sniper rifle.. I was happy about that. ;f
I am the captain of my soul.
TechniK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 22:29   #10
fastvfr
Ancient Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by TechniK
I had got all the targets to be able to use the sniper rifle.. I was happy about that. ;f
Man, I'll bet you were!!

I have gone through that range about 30 times with the 16, and I always miss at least five targets. And ALWAYS THE DAMN CLOSEST ONES, TOO!!

I never have them time out and drop on me; I line up the sights, same as always, BANG, and nothing happens. Don't move the mouse (sights) at all, and squeeze off another...and I hit it. Or, it lets me scvore it as a hit....beeeyotch....

I haven't played in awhile either, just because of that silliness and the hackers being total punks.
Old 12-11-2004, 01:52   #11
TechniK
4B50LU7 H4X0R.

Send a message via AIM to TechniK
I just played again for 3 hours.

I forgot how fun it was. ;a

Anyways,

I got all the targets by following these tips:

Use the sight all the time.

After you have shot the target, face down so that all the targets are in view and the sight isn't in the way.

If you miss a target, just leave it.. don't try to keep shooting at it.

Wait until between breathes.

There were somemore, I forgot them though.
I am the captain of my soul.
TechniK is offline   Reply With Quote