Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-17-2004, 19:10   #1
Nyper

Local Wally World ticks Nyper Off

Alrighty.. the local hunting store is closed, so I run into Wally world to grab a few quick things. I go to the counter and ask for a box of 7mm Remington Mag Core-Lokt Ultra in 140 grain. He picks up a box of 'Recoil Control', and I say "no, just the regular core-lokt ultra. I dont want the recoil controls." He then changes boxes, and I wasn't really looking. I was looking at some Winchester white box .40's, and I requested some of those as well.

He scans the two boxes, and I pay for them. He puts them in the bag, and I glance at the receipt and notice it says "Recoil Control". I tell him he grabbed the wrong box again, and I didn't want those! He looks, and determines they don't have any of the regular core-lokt ultra. Only the recoil controls. So I tell him I want a refund.

He sends me to the customer service desk, where I'm told they do not give refunds on ammunition. I tell them their employee screwed up and did not give me what I asked for, and I expected a refund immediately since I hadn't even left the counter, much less the store!

Yes, I should have looked at the box before he scanned it! I KNOW! But he just grabbed it quickly and scanned it, and I *oops* assumed he grabbed the right box the 2nd time.

Anyway, after a good long argument with 2 or 3 different people, I told them I hoped they hired monkeys to replace the idiots behind the counters and left Wally World with a $15 box of ammunition I didn't want. Freakin recoil-controls that shoot nothing like the core-lokt ultra.
Nyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 19:32   #2
bp_cowboy

If you paid with a Credit Card

you can dispute the charges, or check put a stop payment on the check.
bp_cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 20:52   #3
J.P.
Intergalactic

They would have refunded my money or I would have caused a scene by opening the ammo and dumping it all over the floor and kicking the **** out of the loose rounds across the store......or something like that.
But that's me...
Old 11-18-2004, 17:47   #4
allhowl

Can you believe that!! Thats just not right for them to not refund the purchase.
allhowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 23:46   #5
c10bonanza
Hobo

Did you ask to speak with management? The few times that I have had disputes with Wal-Mart store policy the Manager was usually very helpful and friendly. In fact, a very similar thing happened to me with ammo. It was 9mm though. Clerk rang it up and I paid for it before I realized it was the wrong box. I tried to get the clerk to change the purchase, but he said he couldn't.

Anyway, got the Manager over there and explained my problem. He was very understanding and said that while they couldn't exchange my ammo, he would be happy to give me a $20 store gift card. I promptly purchased the desired box of ammo. I know some people hate Walmart with a passion, but IMO that manager won my target ammo business for good that day. My advice is to contact the manager and see if they will work with you.
c10bonanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 09:57   #6
NYGunman
o.oO0Oo.oO0Oo.o

Same thing happened to my friend. He asked for 20 guage shells and they gave him 12 guage. They would not exchange them.
NYGunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 13:55   #7
noway

one word of advice, Next time don't leave the counter and have the sports counter idiots call the manager over.

they did that same thing with me over a box of sportsmans remington steel loads. I wanted #6 they picked up a #4 and then tryed to make me take it. The guy even stated it's just a #4 , whats the big deal.

After the manager came over the void th purchase and then got the right box that says #6 1oz 1300fps.;f
noway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 14:52   #8
onemilmhz
Ten Ninety Five

Send a message via Yahoo to onemilmhz
I was at the sporting goods counter at my local Wally World the other day and asked the thug looking white wanna-be rapper (complete with spider web tatoos on his elbows) at the counter for a box of 140 gr. 7mm-08 Winchester Power Point, something they very seldom ever have in stock. Not only did he know the difference between 7mm-08 and 7mm Mag, he went straight to the spot it would be and saw that they were in fact out, as usual. I was further pleasently suprised when he struck up a conversation with me about how my hunting season was going and actually seemed quite knowledgeable about hunting, shooting and guns in general. I asked him how in the world he ended up working the gun counter and he told me that for two years he was a stocker. The manager noticed he was always answering questions for the people who had been placed there before and gave him the counter and a raise. On my way I out I made sure to mention to the manager on duty that I had a pleasent experience with the nice young gentlemen in sporting goods. Not only did I learn a lesson about pre-judging people that day, I actually gained some restored hope in the Great Evil that is Wal-Mart.
Old 11-19-2004, 23:35   #9
f1b32oPTic
R4d104c71v3

i asked for 150gr. .308 win silver box and the dude gave me 180 gr. but i corrected him before the purchase...its walmart, what do you guys expect?
f1b32oPTic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 14:17   #10
A_Swede_17_1911

I've made it a point to always inspect what they hand me at the counter, and I always guide them to what I am asking for. Ive meet a couple people behind the counter at the local walmart that knew what they were doing, but one I go to here the guy cant even sell you a huntinng licence with out problems. I buy very few things at Sporting Goods at walmart. I usally end up at Dicks, they sometimes even beat walmarts prices on some of there sales, which I usally shop, like a camoflage fanny pack i picked up for $6.87 that usally goes for $20.00, so I scrounge up some good deals.

If anyone is from Oregon or Southwest Washington, I really miss Bi-Mart, they had a good selection of handloading and loaded ammo, good prices, and helpful and knowlegeable people behind the counter, and kept them behind the counter not a new person everyweek.
A_Swede_17_1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 15:08   #11
Hoingshiba
willhunt4food

AMEN to Bi-mart! One of my personal quotes is that if I can't find it at Bi-Mart, I must not really need it. (though not applicable to everything! I agree, for ammo needs especially, It is hard to beat.
Hoingshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 15:44   #12
Dogbite
DNT TREAD ON ME

They messed up my G-shock watch one day putting in a new battery.I did not get satisfaction,so i climbed the ladder untill the assistant manager told me to pick out a new one on them.I thanked him and went on my way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Dogbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 20:10   #13
nightprowler

Send a message via Yahoo to nightprowler
Samething happened to my brother.He asked to speak to the store manager and explained what happened and they gave him a refund.
40S&W club #419
nightprowler is offline   Reply With Quote