GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-02-2004, 09:05   #1

Carrying concealed on bike: storage options advice

Here in AZ, the land of open guns and bikes, carrying a handgun can be difficult if you choose to stop in a local biker friendly restaurant, as they serve alcohol. Yet carrying for safety while traversing the desert would be kinda nice. So I have been trying to figure out how to carry, and then stash it somewhere on the bike in such a manner that its not obvious. Don't have saddlebags, and won't, but do use sissy bar bag. Any other options you've figure out? (not including carrying when you ain't supposed to!)
Old 11-03-2004, 15:29   #2
markos

Do you mean that in Az, you cannot carry into any place that serves alcohol ?
markos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 15:32   #3

Yep, not unless you're LEO. All else are left defenseless. Doesn't matter how much alcohol is served, even a Denny's is not permitted. Kinda sucks, but its the law.
Old 11-03-2004, 21:23   #4
xrated

Back to the original topic.... I live in Illinois and there are times that I would like to be able to transport my G23 on the bike, but I'm not sure if it is legal or not. Packing.org's IL. page has not helped me decide if it is legal or not. Here is what I have in mind, see if it makes sense to you, or if you know for sure that I would be legal.

I ride a CBR1100XX and have a tank bag (not lockable). The gun would go in the tank bag and the magazine would be in a cordura pouch under the seat, which is lockable. I'm not trying to carry concealed (you can't in IL), just transport the gun like I would do when travelling in a car or truck. Once I am in MO or wherever, I can use my PA CWL to legally carry concealed. Anyone from IL run across the same situation?
Old 11-05-2004, 21:29   #5
harleyclassic

When necessary I lock my G26 in one of my tool boxes with the cable lock going through the back and around the frame.

Moto Club
harleyclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 10:00   #6
mmc45414

What do you ride? There is enough room under the seats of many bikes and that is in a hidden locked area. I have (currently) a DL1000 Suz and I have a loit of stuff stashed under the seat like jumper cables and stuff like that.
mmc45414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 16:43   #7
GSX-MAN

I Ride a CBR1100 too, and I'm having a bit of a problem carrying my rifle to the range. Does anyone have any advice?
Rimfire club member #106
GSX-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 21:00   #8
mmc45414

Quote:
Originally posted by GSX-MAN
I Ride a CBR1100 too, and I'm having a bit of a problem carrying my rifle to the range. Does anyone have any advice?
A rifle is a bit of a challenge but I haul my shotgun on the bike all the time in one of these:
http://www.americase.com/pages/order/3010.shtml
mmc45414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 22:31   #9
WERA49

Quote:
If open carry is legal, you could use your sling and throw it across your back. Pack the ammunition, targets and tape/staples in the tankbag.

Expect to be pulled over. Make sure that the ammunition is locked. Of course, the rifle must be unloaded.

After a few trips, you'll get a mention on the 11:00 news.

Not many people would carry like that. However, if it is legal to carry in a gunrack in a truck, why not open carry on a bike? Being hassled on a bike and not in a car/truck is discrimination.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:30   #10
GSX-MAN

Quote:
Originally posted by WERA49
If open carry is legal, you could use your sling and throw it across your back. Pack the ammunition, targets and tape/staples in the tankbag.

Expect to be pulled over. Make sure that the ammunition is locked. Of course, the rifle must be unloaded.

After a few trips, you'll get a mention on the 11:00 news.

Not many people would carry like that. However, if it is legal to carry in a gunrack in a truck, why not open carry on a bike? Being hassled on a bike and not in a car/truck is discrimination.
I live in The Netherlands. I have a permit for 3 firearms and this permit does not allow me to carry the firearms visible. Because I don't have a car, I have to carry my firearms to the range on my bike. Pistols are easy, they just go into a backpack.

At the moment, I carry my rifle in a guitar bag, but it's far from ideal.
Rimfire club member #106
GSX-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote