Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-01-2004, 00:12   #1
vart

Another bad wheelie...

Found this video on a site and thought I'd share it; if you've already seen it, I apologize.

http://www.abum.com/?show_media=1549

Some more:
http://www.abum.com/?show_media=1325

http://www.abum.com/?show_media=659

http://www.abum.com/?show_media=2124

"That's a big bite of crap sandwich, my friend..."

"Alcohol doesn't solve any problems, but then again, neither does milk"

Last edited by vart; 11-01-2004 at 00:42..
vart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 01:36   #2
Glocker #1

Holy _HIT!
All I can say is: Poor deer and you play u pay, what dumbass's!
Glocker #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 08:13   #3
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Can't really do squat about deers and animals. But I do wish that more idiots would do wheelies. That way they'll get killed fast and put chlorine into the gene pool.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:39   #4
Glocker #1

Okay...sounds good!;z
Glocker #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 21:53   #5
Larry_K

Quote:
Originally posted by fnfalman
Can't really do squat about deers and animals. But I do wish that more idiots would do wheelies. That way they'll get killed fast and put chlorine into the gene pool.
Wrong thinking dude, they should just park the bikes near the edge of a cliff and jump off instead..... Doing stupid stuff and getting hurt while *on* the bike just causes our insurance to go up that much higher :(...

Larry
Larry_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 20:06   #6
BilltheCat
Quieter Cat

I know it must have hurt real bad, but the last one a jumper landing inside his van almost made me pee!

Harharhar!
veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
BilltheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 14:14   #7
Texas T
CLM Number 23
TX expatriate

Quote:
Originally posted by Glocker #1
Holy _HIT!
All I can say is: Poor deer
http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/artic...news/news4.txt

Texas leads nation in fatal crashes involving deer

Far more people have died in Texas motor vehicle collisions with animals than in any other state, a new study indicates. And many of these fatalities could have been prevented if motorists had worn seatbelts or motorcyclists had worn helmets.

A new study by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety on vehicle-animal crashes shows 60 percent of the people killed riding in vehicles weren't using safety belts and 65 percent of those killed riding on motorcycles weren't wearing helmets.

"The study shows that the initial impact with animals is not the direct cause of death in many of these mishaps," says Mark Hanna, a spokesman for the Insurance Council of Texas. "The study revealed that a third of these crashes involved a secondary collision with a fixed object or overturning, which caused the traffic fatality."

Texas recorded 161 fatalities in the 12-year study compared to the next most hazardous state, Pennsylvania, which had 85 fatalities during the same time period. The study also showed that the number of vehicle-animal collisions is rising. Hanna said this was a direct result of more traffic on Texas rural roads and the state's abundant wildlife.

The Institute's study showed motorcycles were involved in a third of the fatal collisions, even though other vehicles on the road out number motorcycles 40 to 1.

"Motorcyclists should think twice before venturing out on a highway, especially after dark, where deer are known to be prevalent," said Hanna.

Deer were struck in 3 out of every 4 crashes in the study that examined vehicle-animal collisions involving a human fatality. The study closely examined crashes in nine states between 1992 and 2003.

More than 1 million deer-vehicle crashes occur each year in the United States resulting in more than $1 billion in vehicle damage. Many animal-vehicle collisions are unavoidable, but recognizing the danger and being prepared can save lives.

Crashes with deer occur most frequently in

rural areas, on roads with 55 mph or higher speed limits and in darkness or at dusk or dawn.

Motorists should slow down and be more alert in areas where deer are most likely to appear.

Wearing a safety belt will lessen the impact of a collision with an animal and may allow you to maintain control of your vehicle after the crash.

Do not attempt to steer into oncoming traffic or veer off the roadway to avoid colliding with an animal.

If you collide with an animal, immediately turn on your flashers and move onto the shoulder to avoid oncoming traffic.

Call 911 to report the mishap and contact your insurance agent or insurance company to repair your vehicle.

The Insurance Council of Texas is the largest insurance company trade association in the state consisting of more than 500 property and casualty insurers writing business in Texas.

NRA Life Benefactor Member, AMA Champion Member, AOPA Member, ARRL Member, GOA Life Member
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 17:45   #8
fastvfr
Ancient Tech

Send a message via Yahoo to fastvfr
The first time I saw that deer vid, I thought, "Well, okay, there's the deer in the fencerow, running along in their direction of travel. Hmmm. Why isn't he moving out of the right-hand travel lane to line up on his buddy?!"

Then, BLAMMO.

Dogs, kids, deer, cars, other bikes...EVERYTHING will stupidly run out in front of any motor vehicle, much more so with a cycle. I'm guessing he "Didn't See" the deer until it was too late, but he did not so much as swerve out of the damn deer's way, so I am guessing he never saw it at all! And that is UNFORGIVABLE.

His partner hit his brakes, but that was the only reaction to the animal in the roadway I saw from either rider. Maybe ol' Keith learned something from that day. Hopefully, either he got A LOT better at paying attention, or he sold his bike.

Cycle riding does one of two things: it builds awareness in its participants or it fills graves with them.

'Nuff said.
fastvfr is offline   Reply With Quote