Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-02-2005, 01:13   #1
Short Cut
CLM Number 88
PatrioticMember

Veteran based charities - Advice needed

I like to find some quality charities, that are designed to assist Veterans, to donate time and money to. If you know of any that really helps out our Vets please let me know.

I'm currently looking at a couple of organizations. One is setup to assist wounded vets returning from Afganistan and Iraq and is called Wounded Warrior Project. Another is designed to help families who've lost loved ones in combat.

If it's possible I'd like to help out Veterans close to home in Northern California with my time as well as financial contributions.

Any assistance or guideance that you can provide would be appreciated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Short Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 10:16   #2
WIG19
Light left on

You might give some thought to checking with the volunteer office at the nearest VA center to you. They may be aware of recent vets who are there for treatment, follow-up, etc., who might even be fully or semi-ambulatory, but are literally "stuck" because they're on foot. I can tell you that a friendly face offering a ride around town to take care of some errands outside the confines of the VA campus would be welcome indeed. The vet's family may be far away or they may be relucant to ask them & be a burden; sometimes a stranger can help out alot.

Secondly, you should check in with your county's VSO (Vet Svc Officer). If they're any good, they should be plugged in to the nearest VA as well and know the other organizations that could benefit from your generous offer. NOTE: All VSO's are not created equal. Some are competent, some aren't, but most are pretty good, with some rising IMO to almost sainthood. But your county gov't offices should have a VSO you can talk to.
;?