GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-02-2005, 22:33   #1
ClydeG19

I had a busy weekend...how about you guys?

I had two firsts for my career this weekend: my first interior fire and my first fatal accident.

The accident was an unfortunate case of an elderly gentleman pulling out in front of a second pickup and getting broad sided. The gentleman had just retired and was looking into the retirement community nearby to buy a condo there. That was 1015 on New Year's Day.

I just got back from my first job. An 8 unit type V apt building had fire blowing out the roof on one end of the building when the duty chief of the other dept got on scene and he hit the second alarm right away. Our truck is on their first alarm and our supression engine is on their second. I went on the engine and we ended up doing a primary search of the two apts on the first floor below the fire. Later we ended up salvaging the same apts...the one wasn't bad but the one I was in (directly below the main body of the fire) had 4 inches of water on the floor and everything was soaked.

So what did you do this weekend?

Last edited by ClydeG19; 01-04-2005 at 00:28..
ClydeG19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:05   #2
PDogSniper

Clyde, I had a quite weekend with my job. While all these circumstances are unfortunate, I'm glad that there are those out there that respond to circumstances like you do...

God bless you and all firefighters and be careful....

Member NRA
Member GOA
PDogSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:11   #3
DepChief
Get Tous's Rope

Send a message via Yahoo to DepChief

I am pulling a 48 this weekend, just got off 24 at EMS and we didnt run a single call! I will have to admit it was nice getting a full nights sleep! I have just started a 24 on our engine and I am hoping that we get at least a little excitment.
DepChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 19:40   #4
ARFFormula

I pulled a 72 over the Xmas weekend, 24th - 26th(I worked for a married FF on the opposite crew)

It started out kinda busy, but ended VERY quiet.

Last edited by ARFFormula; 01-04-2005 at 10:07..
ARFFormula is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 06:01   #5
Tvov

We had a call come in about a "trash can fire" around 6:00PM Sunday night. First engine on scene saw flames climbing the side of the house, over the top of neighboring trees. Fortunately, it turned out just to be on the suface of the siding, and was essentially put out with a quick hit from the 1 3/4.

What happened was that the renter cleaned out the ashes from his fireplace (you know where this is going). He put the ashes in a plastic bag (??), put that into a cardboard box (???), and put THAT in a garbage can full of paper (????!), right next to the house with wooden siding. Thank god someone saw it before it really got out of hand.
Tvov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:28   #6
DepChief
Get Tous's Rope

Send a message via Yahoo to DepChief

Quote:
Originally posted by Tvov
We had a call come in about a "trash can fire" around 6:00PM Sunday night. First engine on scene saw flames climbing the side of the house, over the top of neighboring trees. Fortunately, it turned out just to be on the suface of the siding, and was essentially put out with a quick hit from the 1 3/4.

What happened was that the renter cleaned out the ashes from his fireplace (you know where this is going). He put the ashes in a plastic bag (??), put that into a cardboard box (???), and put THAT in a garbage can full of paper (????!), right next to the house with wooden siding. Thank god someone saw it before it really got out of hand.

Thank god for people like that. Job Security!
DepChief is offline   Reply With Quote