SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-05-2005, 17:57   #1
NYGunman
o.oO0Oo.oO0Oo.o

I thought I killed Bear today.

I started my New Year diet again and had some turkey breast. I thought he might enjoy some. I put a little through the cage and he liked it. I brought him out and fed him from my hand. Then all of a sudden he chomped down on my index finger on my left hand. He would not let got. He must have thought my finger was food. He made some barking/chirping noise when I tried to dislodge him. When I yelled at him or tried to move him he would just bite down harder.

His fangs where literally in my flesh and I was NOT happy. I could not shove anything in his mouth because of the way he was holding on. I tried strangling him to no avail. (I did not do it too hard because I did not want to break his neck. I just wanted him to try to struggle away to get some air. Thus letting go.) It did not work. Finally I just flung my arm downward and the force caused him to let go. He hit the floor hard.

I looked at him in horror. I thought I had killed him. He was lying on his side and was stiff as a board. After what seemed like an eternity he then began to shake. Tears went into my eyes because I knew I had killed him. I’ve seen animals shake like that before. That is after someone shot them. This was the death twitch for sure.

Then he started to breath. I petted him and told him I was sorry. I picked him up and placed him on the pillow in his cage. He started to come to. Apparently he was knocked unconscious and had the wind knocked out of him. Bear then staggered out of his bed and went to the litter box to go potty. I felt like ****. After he climbed back into bed. I picked him up and coddled him a bit. I then broke out a jar of chicken and gravy baby food. This time I used a spoon to feed him.

I did not mean to hurt the fert but I did not know what to do. I feel really bad about this. I guess I just can’t feed Bear by hand anymore. My finger is OK. Only two fangs punctured the skin. It was a top and bottom one. I guestimate the top fang went in about a ¼ inch and the bottom about 1/8 inch. It didn’t bleed as much as the last time he bit me but hurts a lot more.

Last edited by NYGunman; 01-05-2005 at 18:06..
NYGunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 19:41   #2
MrsKitty

Never, ever give Bear turkey by hand again

A trick that might have worked: cover his nostrils with your finger. He should lessen up biting to get air into his mouth to breathe. My aunt told me to do this when bit by a bird.

You didn't mean to hurt Bear. Animal instinct kicked in when you was trying to get him off your finger. When something hurts like hell you tend to react quickly and sometimes violently.

One question: do ferrets carry any disease/bacteria that he could have passed on to you? Something that wouldn't hurt him but is not normal to humans?
Old 01-05-2005, 21:56   #3
NYGunman
o.oO0Oo.oO0Oo.o

Quote:
Originally posted by misskitty5077
Never, ever give Bear turkey by hand again

A trick that might have worked: cover his nostrils with your finger. He should lessen up biting to get air into his mouth to breathe. My aunt told me to do this when bit by a bird.

You didn't mean to hurt Bear. Animal instinct kicked in when you was trying to get him off your finger. When something hurts like hell you tend to react quickly and sometimes violently.

One question: do ferrets carry any disease/bacteria that he could have passed on to you? Something that wouldn't hurt him but is not normal to humans?
I don't know about putting my fingers near his mouth. Those fingers will get bit too! As to them carying disease, I don't believe so. If I don't continue posting then y..nknqf2ew
NYGunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 22:05   #4
MrsKitty

What...you don't wanna keep him from concentrating his biting on just one finger? ;b
Old 01-05-2005, 23:19   #5
drew-tx

ferrets carry diseases and require shots yearly
drew-tx is offline   Reply With Quote