SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-06-2005, 14:05   #1
FoxyC

Have you ever seen/tried one of these?

http://www.c-rusty.com/pages/holster.../bosombud.html

I think it's a good idea....but I just don't know. As we all know it's harder for us to carry on body. I'm just looking for different options.

Feedback?
FoxyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 15:21   #2
Melissa Ann

Looks interesting - seems like it would help seperate. :lol Personally, I've got enough "stuff" already in straps pulling on my shoulders and back as it is, but it might work for some. I'll probably continue to carry on my hip but if this works for you, and would get gals to carry on their body instead of in purses, fanny packs, etc, I'm all for it! I might even get one for days when I wanna wear a dress or skirt/blouse.

"The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit." -Morihei Ueshiba
Melissa Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 18:37   #3
reinbeau

You'd look awfully odd unless you were a C or larger, I'm afraid. No way that would work for small-breasted women like me.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty or Safety." - Benjamin Franklin
Glock Model 23, Walther PPKS .380
reinbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 20:43   #4
FoxyC

Quote:
Originally posted by reinbeau
You'd look awfully odd unless you were a C or larger, I'm afraid. No way that would work for small-breasted women like me.
That is exactly what I was thinking. The C is covered but I was thinking more like D to look right. I definatly couldn't carry the G19 like that. Possibly the Kel-Tec, but that is not the primary carry gun.

I can't imagine that it is very comfortatble. The more I think about it I guess it is interesting at best.

I think I'm gonna try S.O.B for a while. I've gotta get the gun out of my purse!!!!!!
FoxyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 23:14   #5
MrsKitty

I hadn't saw that before. I have had some ideas about how to rig one up myself but wasn't sure if it would work...if they sell them then I must be on to something

That would have to get uncomfortable, especially in the summertime ;P
Old 01-07-2005, 11:44   #6
BikerGoddess
Got hairspray?

I applaud someone for trying, but here are the reasons that won't work:
- You do have to be fairly busty to hide a gun under your breasts
- You'd have to have a long rib cage for that particular angle
- You couldn't tuck a shirt in
- You couldn't sit or bend over
- You would have to wear four layers of clothing (bra, undershirt, holster, overshirt)

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a bra holster, but it's not going to be this one.

Laura

http://www.bikergoddess.com
BikerGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 14:33   #7
SouthernGal
What's Up Dox?

Quote:
Originally posted by reinbeau
Me too. I think I'd have some trouble hiding my 19 under my "B"'s.
SouthernGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 20:44   #8
PilotKitten
Mrs. MrMurphy

It looks horribly uncomfortable...not to mention the drawbacks BikerGoddess already listed....I'd pass. ;Q
PilotKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 21:58   #9
digitspaw
RIP 08/95~09/09

You all have good points and a MUCH better perspective than do I. That being said, Rusty Sherrick makes some quality gear. It may be worth an e mail or call (I have phoned him before----I THINK he's in PA) to see if it's a custom or in stock rig. Someone may be able to get a "trial run" out of him in return for some broad (no pun intended)based promotional chat here on the gun forums.

In any case, he's an easy and honest guy to talk with and won't try to oversell the item and will address your concerns in a frank manner.

Looks like it may be good for a BUG or a summertime evening walk scenario.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:12   #10
MrMurphy
Head Sheepdog

I knew a girl who carried a J-frame more or less in that area (1 oclock, IWB) because she was a 38DD and she knew if anybody was looking at her front, it was not at her gun. She didn't have a problem with that... she preferred to be armed and unnoticed!
"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et fili, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."
MrMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 10:27   #11
AggiePhil
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

This thread is hot. ^5

J/K!!! ;a ;e
AggiePhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 18:49   #12
Jaegergirl
Proud2BAmerican

definately wouldn't work for me either... god forgot about me when it came to "that" department. ;f
Ohio Glockers #68
In memory of my brother, Rick www.homefree1996.com.
Proud parent of a Young Marine. www.glcyoungmarines.org
Jaegergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 09:46   #13
reinbeau

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaegergirl
definately wouldn't work for me either... god forgot about me when it came to "that" department. ;f
Hey, I'm a charter member of the Itty-Bitty Titty Committee! ;f And proud of it! ;e

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty or Safety." - Benjamin Franklin
Glock Model 23, Walther PPKS .380
reinbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 16:00   #14
Cat91
Red Tabby

I'm totally out, too. I'm built like a thirteen year old but with childbearing hips!

I usually carry too much gun for a bra holster anyway. I went with decent-sized autos for a bit-Glock 23, then an FNP-9. Currently the carry-piece (I only personally own one gun at a time) is a 2 1/2" S&W 686+. Sold the FNP after a month because it kept hanging up coming out of my purse's gun-pocket. Hubby's the 9mm guy in our house, I'm afraid.

I like .357 Magnum revolvers best, the last few weeks of searching have taught me-they're after all what I qualified with in my LEO days, and I trust the larger-framed ones b/c I carried a Colt Python for many years and I miss it; the 686 reminds me of it, but less expensive and with 7 round capability. I don't trust the J-frame TiSc ones-they seem awful light for full-power .357s to be at all comfortable to shoot. The 686+ has a factory Hogue Monogrip that's good for my small hands, and even with full-power .357s has manageable recoil-better than my old 4" Python with Pachmyr finger grips had. Plus, it is easier to carry, being smaller.

Miao, Cat
Cat91 is offline   Reply With Quote