Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-25-2005, 19:43   #1
Squid.HM2

smoothest ride

Hi all, looking for some help here. As some may have seen from my posts im moving soon to Fla. and bottom line is im getting a bike, price is not a big issue, comfort is top concern. I want something i can get on and ride for many miles/hours and not feel like i just had my ass kicked lol. Open to all suggestions, any and all input is more then welcome thank you

A cigar is a wonderful tool,it gives a wise man time to think,and a fool something to stick in his mouth
Squid.HM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 08:38   #2
Texas T
CLM Number 23
TX expatriate

BMW K1200LT
Honda Gold Wing
H-D Electra Glide Classic

You may want to visit the Iron Butt Association's web site and review the bikes used for many of the long haul rides. Go to www.ironbutt.com and look for the Certified Rides roster. It's pretty big so if you're on dialup it will take a while.

NRA Life Benefactor Member, AMA Champion Member, AOPA Member, ARRL Member, GOA Life Member
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 09:46   #3
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

I concur with those big sports tourer. But let's include the Ducati ST3 also. I don't think that it's quite as luxurious as the HD, BMW and Honda, but it's still a comfortable long hauler with sporty characteristics.

If the BMW K1200LT is a bit too much of a hauler, there are the K1200GT and the R1150RT. All these three Beemers are tourers with the K1200LT being the top of the line with a bunch of luxury accomodations and cargo capacity already built in. The K-series iz liquid-cooled inline four and the R-series is the traditional flat twin. The K is smoother in the ride (less vibration than a twin, V or flat) and also has more oomph.