SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-31-2005, 04:08   #1
emt1581
Curious Member

Anyone carry badges?

I don't really see the point since I have my certification card on me, but maybe yall need them for another reason.

I know a lot of EMT-B and P's that do wear metal badges on their uniforms, but I'm curious if there are those that carry them on their belt or in their wallet.

Thanks

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 04:16   #2
Slinger646
King of Sling

In our Dept, Officers are issud them as a token, I personally keep mine on a neck chain in case i run POV to one of the 'secure' areas like the airport, Fed Building, etc. I can count the times on one hand ive worn it..

Yeah, well I also have 2 toilets and 1 ass, what's it to ya??
Slinger646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 04:19   #3
emt1581
Curious Member

POV?

Thanks for the response

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 04:39   #4
jlw_84
General Glocker

Personally Owned Vehicle.

We have badges for our dress uniforms. Other than that we just rock the blue tee shirts and work pants.
jlw_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 09:37   #5
Glock-A-Roo

We're issued badges but nobody bothers us if we don't display them. I don't wear mine, because the last thing I need is for certain people in my call area to think I'm law enforcement.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:12   #6
obxprnstar
Goth Lover

Us old timers still have badges, but I do not think our dept hands them out anymore, except if you make LT. Those Wank off's have these cool looking badges.

We mostly roll with a Golf shirt and BDU's. Some folks wear the button downs. On occasion I do, if I need to look "nice" and want to show everything off, ie NREMT-P pin, CCEMT-P pin, Co Service pin, and badge.
-Isaiah 6.8
obxprnstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 12:02   #7
N2DFire
Who Me ???

Badges? We ain't got no badges.
We don't need no badges.
I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!

But seriously . . .

We have Silver Badges for folks w/ <10 years of service (Life Member)
Gold for "lifers" and 2 tone (gold/silver) for officers.

Warning - impending rant mode - head for the hills

Our "Standard" duty uniform consist of a button down shirt (green) complete with badge, name tag and all the other crap that goes with it (I swear some days I feel like a Ruby Tuesdays Employee with all that "flair" on my uniform).
We also have white dress shirts that get decked out with the above mentioned hardware for special occasions.

Having been with this agency for almost 15 years I can use them as an example of "everything comes full circle in time". When I started we couldn't even afford uniforms (volunteer agency) When we did get enough $$ together we bought Golf/Polo Shirts for summer wear & regular sweat shirts for winter wear (looked really snazzy with our "uniform" blue jeans . . )

Anyway - fast forward a few years and we decide to "Go Pro" whole hog. Shirts, pants, boots, and coat for everybody. Begin the great debate. After the dust settled all the "newbies" who wanted some place to sport their nice new certification patch had won the fight over us old dawgs who wanted Polo Shirts for summer & 1/4 Zip pullovers for winter.

So we put the farm in Hoc and bought everyone 2 Long Sleeve, 2 Short Sleeve green button down shirts, 2 pair of EMS BDU's and a $150 boot allowance (oh and anyone who didn't have them already got 1 Long & 1 Short sleeve white "Dress" shirt too).

Now - fast forward some more and a few folks have seen the error (and hassle) of their ways (and we've gotten back a few more "old dawgs") so now the uniform issue has arisen again. When the flames subsided and the smoke cleared the winner was . . . .

1/4 Zip fleece pullovers for winter & Polo shirts for summer (with the catch that these are "after hours" wear for when we have to get out of bed and answer a call and we are still "supposed" to wear the button down shirts during waking hours - yea right.

End Rant Mode - Sound the All Clear

My apologies for the long and slightly off topic posting but as I'm sure you can tell this is an issue that is very "near & dear" to my heart. I have major issues with anyone who thinks that we can't "look professional" unless we are wearing more patches than a NASCAR drivers suit and a big hunk of polished tin on our chest.

(I also tend to think that most members of the general public would be more impressed if we acted professional than if we just looked it but that's just me)
Big Dawg #1156, Black Rifle #20, GOTOD #3, Fire & EMS Talk #2302
N2DFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 15:33   #8
obxprnstar
Goth Lover

More angencies are going twwards polos and t-shirts. Jezz, up untill five years ago, all we wore at my agency was a button down shirt, and polyester straight legged pants. If you wanted "EMT/Medic" pants you had to spend the 50+ bucks a pair to order them and have them shipped. We were stoked when they first ordered us polo shirts.

Well about dec of last year we FINALLY got approved to wear job/sweat shirts. They have the 1/4 zip like a job shirt, but are of a navy blue sweatshirt material. They are monogramed the same as our polo. Name on one side and star of life with the agency name around it on the other.

Our buttown downs have the badge on your left chest, name tag on the right with a certification patch above it, and dept patches on both sleeves.

We have dept T-Shirts, but they are supposed to be worn under the polo or button down. The only time only the t-shirt can be worn is during AM truck checks "if no contact with the public is anticipated" and around the station after 1930 "if no contact with the public is anticipated."

I know on two occasion were calls have been run in EMS T-Shirts, and both of those calls were IMMEDIATLEY after a hurricane struck.
-Isaiah 6.8
obxprnstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 22:20   #9
vbscout

I find that having badges on your duty uniform more of a pain in the butt than anything else. They are nice to have on your dress uniform but that is where it should stay. Also, sometimes when I wear my uniform with my badge around my college campus people think that I am the police. This could be very bad!!
vbscout is offline   Reply With Quote