SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-04-2005, 13:05   #1
nikki sixx

Spark Plugs

Completely off the subject of guns…

I purchased a Suzuki Marauder at the end of the season last year and I’m now getting the maintenance done on it for the spring. My question is about changing the plugs; from what I can see it is obvious that the tank needs to be removed to do this. Should I have any concerns about doing this and what is the best way to go about it?

Thanks.
"First, the Nazis came after the Jews, and because I was not a Jew, I didn't object; then they came after the Catholics, and because I wasn't a Catholic, I didn't object; then, they came after the trade unionists, and because I wasn't a trade unionist, I didn't object; then, they came after me, and there was no one left to object." - Martin Niemoller

Glock 17 Niner #8473
Smith & Wesson .357 Magnum
Ruger 10/22
nikki sixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 12:21   #2
45acp4me
Pissed puppet

Remomoving a couple bolts and disconnecting a hose isn't hard to do at all. Just put it on an old milk crate or something that keeps the valve from touching the ground. If you have never done plugs before, find someone who has, the last thing you want to do is strip the aluminum threads when installing the new ones.

Regards,
Glen

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
45acp4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 00:06   #3
gixxer11
bbrrraaapppppp!

I'm pretty sure it has the same fuel valve as the Intruder 800, which is a pain in the ass. I usually turn off the fuel, remove the side cover, then the big fuel line (points downward, goes to the carbs), then unbolt the valve. DO NOT remove the two small lines going to the valve, as they are stright from the gas tank, and you'll pour fuel all over the garage. Then carefully slip the valve through the frame rail (careful not to scratch!). If your doing the first service it is HIGHLY recomended to get the valve adjustment checked, and the carbs sycronized. The carburator setup on Marader/Intuders is a little different than most other bikes, and takes finesse to get right. I've worked on many of these before, it's just hard to remember every detail from memory when you work on 6 or 7 differnt bikes a day. Just take your time, look at it closely, and think things through. Also, I like to check chain slack, brake pad/shoe wear, tire wear/pressure, brake light adjustment, steering head bearing play, suspension, and chassis bolts. Good luck!
#1340 10mm Reloading & 10 Ring member
gixxer11 is offline   Reply With Quote