Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-23-2005, 18:13   #1
McGlockerson

BFV help

Does anyone play Battlefield Vietnam/1942 with a game pad? Is there any way to disable the mouse look?
McGlockerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 17:28   #2
fastvfr
Ancient Tech

Send a message via Yahoo to fastvfr
Console gamers.

You can spot 'em a mile away!! ;f ;a ;f

Seriously, though, at oone time I were one too, and I even set up Unreal (the original) for a game pad.

Though I am not sure how well BFV can be set up to use one, I can tell you that once a gamer with reasonable eye-hand coordination gets used to the kbd/mouse setup, they will embarrass the gamepad player left and right.

These games are in 3D...gamepads control in 2D. That leaves a whole lotta room to get snuck, let me tell you!!

All you can really do is try different Options tweaks and see if you can get it to work on your system; that is, if you can't get used to the 'normal'control scheme with arrow keys and mouse...

GL
fastvfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 22:04   #3
McGlockerson

lol, actually I am a pc gamer no a console guy. I just bought a laptop and it is hard as hell to use the mouse and keyboard on a laptop. I do use a joystick to fly helos and planes on BFV though.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:56   #4
fastvfr
Ancient Tech

McG, I always use a wired optical mouse with a laptop; those so-called mouse pads are worthless for normal use--and even worse for gaming.

These days I prefer to use the MX series from LogiTech...try the MX310 if you want to spend less than $30, or the MX510 if you want to splurge.

Or, there's the $80 MX1000 laser mouse if you want to go first class...

All of which give a better gaming experience in most games than a gamepad will. IMHO.

Using a gamepad in BF:V...you'll just be walking along, then suddenly you'll be getting shot in the butt.

Unless you can pan -n- scan 360 degrees, top to bottom, to check out the surrounding rooftops or gullies for the enemies doing the plinking you will be a very good target but an extraordinarily ineffective trooper.

Good luck!
Old 02-27-2005, 14:03   #5
McGlockerson

I see your point, gamepads suck in First person shooters unless EVERYONE is using one. I have a wireless USB mouse that works pretty well, my other problem is I hate using the cramped laptop keyboard. I don't know, I mean I bought a midsized-large model and sometimes I find myself wanting one of the uber-small sleak machines and other times I want a big, full keyboard 17"er. Hey, ya live ya learn.
Old 02-28-2005, 22:44   #6
fastvfr
Ancient Tech

Lots of my clients use something like this:
The Players Club

Here's a link. This little number lets you use a tiny little Notebook with a full-sized Ergo Keyboard and your favorite optical mouse.

Can't beat that kind of versatility...and at the most, you'll just need a larger LT bag!
Old 03-01-2005, 18:53   #7
McGlockerson

Other than the fact that they look goofy as hell they are pretty sweet. I could get a USB keyboard if I REALLY wanted but its not that big of a deal.