Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-07-2005, 22:01   #1
testosterone

my baby

bought her for 1400 bucks about 6 yrs ago..........she was salvaged.......engine fire.......guess the guy who owend it before me towed a big cattle trailer behind it......had a bunch of relays hookedup for the electric trailor brake, one thing lead to another and engine went up in smoke..basically replaced the entire wiring harness, modules to get her running. that took a month or so..she had peeling paint and a warped hood from the fire so on came a new hood and insulation, then a few months doing all the body work perfect (no dimples or dents or waves)..my buddy who paints show cars finally painted her for me, a ford silver.........pro-comp 4" lift, 35" pro-comp Xterrains, pro-comp shocks......she isnt much but ive put alot of time into her so she is very dear to me. next thing is to re-do the interior which is clean but i want seats out of a new truck, new carpet and so on........and thinking about takeing her up higher, 8" with 37's. have to get the 14bolt axles first........I decided to stick with the origional ralley wheels cause u dont see them much often anymore...........anyways here she is
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...82705973AhZUhn
testosterone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 09:31   #2
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Don't get too wild with the lift kit or otherwise it'll look silly. How difficult would it be to get the seats from the new trucks to fit into this one?
Old 03-08-2005, 09:39   #3
testosterone

the new seats should jsut mate right up into the factory mounting holes...if not then its just a matter of making a bracket..
testosterone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 19:52   #4
vart

Quote:
Originally posted by fnfalman
Don't get too wild with the lift kit or otherwise it'll look silly.
Don't wear matching leathers with your crotch rocket or you'll look silly .

Why not go with 6" lift and some Bushwacker cutout fender flares to increase room for the tires instead of more lift that; while not looking silly, would lead to more serious issues such as new driveshafts, decreased drivability, and a bunch of little extra costs that will make it not very fun to own?

You could probably just install the fender flares and then have enough room to run 37's. Since your buddy is a paint guy, you could probably bribe him with a couple cases of beer to paint and install the flares. It would probably run you under $300, which is mucho cheaper than the lift, shocks, driveshafts, pitman arm, brake lines, etc.

"That's a big bite of crap sandwich, my friend..."

"Alcohol doesn't solve any problems, but then again, neither does milk"
vart is offline   Reply With Quote