SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-10-2005, 19:07   #1
Wolfgangamadeus

Send a message via AIM to Wolfgangamadeus
AKA Race Rally- Video

Hey Guys, here is a great video, it is the AKA Rally, it took place in June 04, from NJ to LA. It just so happened that I had picked up my Z that day from NJ. Driving home, on the PA turnpike, I ended up smack in the middle of a whole lotta horsepower! The guy filming is in a 650hp 300zx Twin Turbo, so he gave my car some luvin, at 4mins and 15 seconds into the video. Check it out, he tops out at 170+mph.
Enjoy!
http://www.diablesse.akarally.com/videos/AKA2k4Best.wmv

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

MY SPACE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

..Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their Idiot.

Last edited by Wolfgangamadeus; 03-13-2005 at 21:33..
Wolfgangamadeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 08:07   #2
streeter69
This is Kewl

I can not remember the name, it is *something* 2000 Hollywood video has it. It is a bunch of video clips showing a cross country race. Funny as hell, if you into this stuff.
Old 03-13-2005, 19:58   #3
Wolfgangamadeus

Quote:
Originally posted by streeter69
I can not remember the name, it is *something* 2000 Hollywood video has it. It is a bunch of video clips showing a cross country race. Funny as hell, if you into this stuff.
The Gumball 3000? Thats going to take place in Europe this year. So far there are 140+ people signed up, including 1 enzo.

http://www.gumball3000.com/content/html/launch.htm?#

MY SPACE

Old 03-13-2005, 21:40   #4
gixxer11
bbrrraaapppppp!

That looks like alot of fun! Too bad I don't have a car to keep up. I would love to do something like that. Maybe they could let bikes roll too. Thanks for the video. Very cool.
#1340 10mm Reloading & 10 Ring member
gixxer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 05:43   #5
Wolfgangamadeus

Quote:
Originally posted by gixxer11
That looks like alot of fun! Too bad I don't have a car to keep up. I would love to do something like that. Maybe they could let bikes roll too. Thanks for the video. Very cool.
Bikes are allowed! They'd be a hell of a of fun for that race! What do you have?

Id like to get in it too, but its just so much money.
http://www.akarally.com/

MY SPACE

Old 03-15-2005, 15:52   #6
Cali-Glock
Mountain Man

I competed in marathon monte-carlo road rallyes from 1983 until 2001. In 1983 I was clocked doing 114mph on one of these events by the CHP and let go with a warning. (Luckily I was only going 114mph) In 2001 I road in a Cobra replicar and went 165mph on the same stretch of road where the CHP stopped me in 1983. LOL In 18 years of competing in these events my partner and I never got a speeding ticket during an event. I have logged literally HUNDEREDS of hours at speeds in excess of 100 mph while on these events. Too much fun!

I was one of the founders of the Into the Night Rally team, and the Into the Night Rallye.

This story: "Starlite in the fastest car made in America" pretty much describes what these events are all about. ;f ;f

I may be from Cali, but I ain't no yankee!

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds
Cali-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 19:54   #7
Wolfgangamadeus

Quote:
Originally posted by Cali-Glock
I competed in marathon monte-carlo road rallyes from 1983 until 2001. In 1983 I was clocked doing 114mph on one of these events by the CHP and let go with a warning. (Luckily I was only going 114mph) In 2001 I road in a Cobra replicar and went 165mph on the same stretch of road where the CHP stopped me in 1983. LOL In 18 years of competing in these events my partner and I never got a speeding ticket during an event. I have logged literally HUNDEREDS of hours at speeds in excess of 100 mph while on these events. Too much fun!

I was one of the founders of the Into the Night Rally team, and the Into the Night Rallye.

This story: "Starlite in the fastest car made in America" pretty much describes what these events are all about. ;f ;f
Nice! I'd like to get in on one of these races. Never been 165, went 130 with the tops off, but didnt have the titanium to push it harder.

MY SPACE

Old 03-15-2005, 20:51   #8
gixxer11
bbrrraaapppppp!

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfgangamadeus
Bikes are allowed! They'd be a hell of a of fun for that race! What do you have?

Id like to get in it too, but its just so much money.
http://www.akarally.com/

HELL YES!!!!!! I now know what I'm going to do for my vacation! I hope I can get everything together in time. I have a '91 GSXR 750/1100 with a ton of chassis mods and I'm in the process of doing all this stuff to the motor:

Epoxied & ported cylinder head w/ oversized Black Diamond valves, coverted to threaded adjuster for GS1150EFE mega cycle cams, decked .020", top end oiling kit

Pingel solid big block with JE 85mm 13.5:1 pistons (1340cc), "o-ringed" for copper head gasket

GSXR750 cases w/ 6-speed (back cut) and cable clutch (aluminum basket w/ 1100 final drive gear)

GSXR 1100 crank, lightened and balanced

Water-cooled GSXR1100 rods (couldn't afford Carillo or Crower titanium ones)

40mm Mikuni RS flat-slide carburators w/ velocity stacks

DynaTek 2000 programable ignition, high-output coils, and wires

Murray 4-1 ceramic coated exhaust

Now I need to get a good seat and a friend with a fast pick-up (Ford Lightening, or something)to bring some race fuel and all my stuff, or in case the bike lets go ;f . A couple of my friends with bikes might go after they see the video and the website. Can you tell I'm excited?!!!
Old 03-15-2005, 20:57   #9
gixxer11
bbrrraaapppppp!

BTW Wolf, that is a beautiful Z you've got there. Your picture is now one of my wallpapers. I had an '86 that WAS super clean, until one day.......

Cool story too, Cali-Glock.

Last edited by gixxer11; 03-15-2005 at 21:10..
Old 03-15-2005, 21:11   #10
Wolfgangamadeus

Quote:
Originally posted by gixxer11
BTW Wolf, that is a beautiful Z you've got there. Your picture is now one of my wallpapers. I had an '86 that WAS super clean, until one day.......
OH no!! I tell u, i'm scared to death to take this car outta the garage! Its hard to find a Z thats in great shape, and if anything happened to mine, I dunno what I'd do! I mean, no other car appeals to me. I'm thinking of getting another Z in a year or so, just to have a spare. She's not the fastest thing n the road, but she's fun, demands attention from others. Chix dig it, its sex on wheels.

I'm honored to have my Z in your wallpaper collection.

I dunno much about bikes, I know I like them, but never had the opportunity to ride a sport bike. You should get in that race for sure, those guys had an absolute blast. I'm 3k short, or I'd definately consider going along.

MY SPACE

Old 03-15-2005, 21:25   #11
G Junior

If I peg it right, that tunnel at about 4:50 in is out near Pittsburgh, going under blue mountain. Man looooooong tunnel, that'd be a blast blazing through at 150+ mph. Perhaps one day when the kiddies are a little older and I actually have a car capable of keepin up. THanks for posting the vid, great stuff.
PA Glockers #143 - OAF #143 - Young Glockers #143
"It's not the size of your post count, it's how you use it."
G Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 07:02   #12
Wolfgangamadeus

Quote:
Originally posted by G Junior
If I peg it right, that tunnel at about 4:50 in is out near Pittsburgh, going under blue mountain. Man looooooong tunnel, that'd be a blast blazing through at 150+ mph. Perhaps one day when the kiddies are a little older and I actually have a car capable of keepin up. THanks for posting the vid, great stuff.
Yup thats the tunnel! It was amazing hearing the engines echoing in those tunnels, and the blow off valves...awesome!

MY SPACE