Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-11-2005, 20:21   #1
Texas T
CLM Number 23
TX expatriate

It (she?) finally arrived

It took over a month, but my 2001 Connie finally hit the driveway tonight at 7pm. I can't wait for the light of day to give it a good bath and onceover.

Photos...
http://www.twtex.com/viewtopic.php?t=3652

NRA Life Benefactor Member, AMA Champion Member, AOPA Member, ARRL Member, GOA Life Member
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 16:43   #2
H.I.M

Congrats on the new ride! She's a bute
H.I.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 18:30   #3
Texas T
CLM Number 23
TX expatriate

Thanks. Just got back in from my first serious ride in 25 years... put on 163 miles and that's plenty for today. My butt is sore.

NRA Life Benefactor Member, AMA Champion Member, AOPA Member, ARRL Member, GOA Life Member
Old 03-12-2005, 20:50   #4
F14Scott
CLM Number 283
Luggage

Nice ride. I miss TX; it was 30 degrees with flurries here.
Old 03-12-2005, 21:15   #5
Texas T
CLM Number 23
TX expatriate

It hit 80 today, but windy as hell... gusts to about 30 kts. It was NOT enjoyable when I'd hit a big spot with no trees around me to slow down the wind.

Old 03-14-2005, 11:30   #6
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

I put in nearly 450-miles just this last weekend about half and half on Saturday and Sunday. Butt is good. Back is good. Knees locked up a bit and the right hand's numbness increased quite a bit by Sunday's afternoon, but I gotta get used to racking up the mileage. I had to deal with a slight drizzle and some crosswinds as well but nothing too bad.
Old 03-14-2005, 13:34   #7
Texas T
CLM Number 23
TX expatriate

Another 50 today. I have to ease into this. I got a MASSIVE cramp in my upper left thigh after riding the other day, and it started to cramp up a little today. Maybe I just need more fluid intake before I go riding?

I too want to build up my endurance. There is a SS1000 in June from Houston to Ft Stockton and back that I'd like to ride, but I don't think that 2-3 months will be enough for me to build up to that long a ride.

Last edited by Texas T; 03-14-2005 at 13:41..
Old 03-14-2005, 14:09   #8
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Yes, drink lots of water BEFORE, DURING and AFTER!!! Also, check out your seating position. It could be that your legs are curled up too high as well. You may need a higher seat. Also, have faith in the ride. I'm already working up to 300-mile one-day ride, and my bike is nowhere as comfortable as yours. If that seat doesn't cut it, you'll have to go aftermarket and I highly recommend Sargent seat. It ain't cheap but it's superb. You can either buy a seat from them or send your seat in for them to reupholster.

http://www.sargentcycle.com