Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-07-2005, 21:06   #1
PhiKappaTauOx
Meat Popsicle

Send a message via AIM to PhiKappaTauOx
Resident Evil 4

my roommate bought this game this past thursday after listening to a friend rant and rave about it for the past couple months.

other than work, we have not stopped playing this game since we got it! this game is freakin' awesome!!!

pluses:
1. NO LOAD SCRENES!
2. Zombie (type) game
3. 3rd person shooter
4. excellent AI for the BGs
5. challenging
6. semi-interactive cut scenes
7. variety of weapons (different types of handguns, shotguns, rifles, and class 3 weapons)
8. unlockable features (including minigames, and upgrades for the weapons)
9. 2 discs! (so much information)
10. much, much more!!!

minuses:
1. no strafing
2. frustrating when you have little girl in tow. as with most games, when you are leading a character, they have a tendency to get in the way, do stupid things, etc, etc. BUT this game does do better than most i've seen/played.
3. sometimes when you shoot a guy in the stomache, his head explodes (which can be BAD in this game!). wtf?!?!

so, what do you all think? i think it's a definate rental, but i would also highly recommend buying it! it's that darn good!

btw, this game is for the Gamecube

"Only fools are heroes - because you never know when some lunatic will come along with a sadistic choice."
PhiKappaTauOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 16:53   #2
justin22

I bought a gamecube just so I could play this came and I was not disapointed.
justin22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 17:27   #3
PhiKappaTauOx
Meat Popsicle

something i forgot to mention in my previous post is how INTENSE this game is!!! i am constantly being surprised by BGs, traps, etc. i end up on edge (in a good way) trying to figure out what is going to happen next!

i think the 'worst' part is when you're clearing out a room, and you don't quite know if you've gotten them all. so you are on edge looking for guys that might be in the room. then, just when you think the room is cleared, and you are sure you looked everywhere, and you drop your guard, THEN a guy pops out! at least most of the time they make sounds that gradually get louder as they get closer.

having big speakers is exactly what this game calls for. they are better able to help you figure out which side the threat is coming from. however, they also amplify the music (unless you turn that down). the music on this game is excellent! sometimes the music in itself puts me on edge.

don't get me wrong, i'm no wuss, i just really get into these games. it makes them so much better!

"Only fools are heroes - because you never know when some lunatic will come along with a sadistic choice."
Old 03-15-2005, 09:59   #4
MrJinx
Cats rule!!!

I got this game the day it came out. I'm a huge RE fan and play the games like a fiend. It took one week to clear the game and another day or two to clear the sub-mission games. The biggest improvement on this installment is the camera angles. One of the biggest knocks to RE was the crappy angle changes. RE4 is a constant look over Leon's shoulder.

Also once you clear and replay it, I highly recommend choosing the "special" uniforms option. Ashely shows off her "balsitics" real nice.

BTW I'm looking forward to Outbreak II coming out soon.

3 Cat Club Member - 1 more and city considers me a kennel!!!
MrJinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 17:10   #5
PhiKappaTauOx
Meat Popsicle

what's this? a tommy gun?

well, i'm playing the game through again (round 2). i guess it's about halfway through the game (right before you fight the blind guy in the cage), i got enough money to buy the Chicago Typewriter. of course, i had to sell my TMP, Striker, Blacktail, and all their corresponding ammo to buy it.

it was worth it! this gun is friggin' SWEET!!! the fight against the blind guy in the cage took me a minute at most! this gun is so powerful, and the fact that it has infinite bullets makes it the perfect weapon (other than the handcannon fully upgraded). the only guns i kept when i bought it were the rifle (semi-auto) and the broken butterfly (fully upgraded).

definately go back through the game to buy this, and especially buy this before the infinte rocket launcher. this gun rocks!

(ps- you have to beat assignment ada before you the chicago typewriter becomes available. it costs 1,000,000)

Old 03-17-2005, 14:36   #6
MrJinx
Cats rule!!!

I agree. I've beaten on this game so much I actually have two typewriters in my inventory, the rocket launcher and the fully upgraded semi-auto rifle with thermal scope. That and about another 5 1/2 million pestas as well.

Need the Outbreak 2 I've gotten all I can out of RE 4!

Too bad you can't go into your local gun store and hear "Hello, stranger... I've some new things for sale...what's you buying?"

3 Cat Club Member - 1 more and city considers me a kennel!!!
MrJinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 16:04   #7
PhiKappaTauOx
Meat Popsicle

Quote:
Originally posted by MrJinx
I agree. I've beaten on this game so much I actually have two typewriters in my inventory, the rocket launcher and the fully upgraded semi-auto rifle with thermal scope. That and about another 5 1/2 million pestas as well.

Need the Outbreak 2 I've gotten all I can out of RE 4!

Too bad you can't go into your local gun store and hear "Hello, stranger... I've some new things for sale...what's you buying?"

you may have all of that, but do you have the handcannon? right now i'm working on getting 5 stars with everyone on the mercenary courses (i have all of krauser's so far, and other random ones with the other people). now THAT is tought to do! krauser is obviously my favorite guy, but the two people i dislike are wesker and hunk. wesker doesn't have enough ammo (would rather have ammo than grenades to start out), and hunk only has the TMP (which eats through ammo QUICKLY!).

but, i am determined to get the handcannon! i already have enough money to upgrade it completely. i just need to complete the mercs' part!