Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-01-2005, 21:22   #1
Tvov

Women gamers

Anyone here know any women gamers? Playing first person shooter type games. I am just curious. I don't know any.

I was thinking about this because recently on Battlefield Desert Combat there is one player named "GunmetalGirl", who supposedly is (gasp) female. This is capture the flag on the MOW clan server 1 (up almost 24/7). I've never run into a situation where I talk with ladies about FPS games.

Just idle musing on a friday night, waiting for my basement to flood :( . Hopefully it won't rain that much.
Tvov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 05:49   #2
chevrofreak

On my favorite CoDUO server one of the guys girlfriends likes to come in and kick ass. Its humiliating :(
smoke free since 4:58AM July 29th 2002!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
<-- currently 0 auction(s) running

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
The best IWB holster money can buy!
chevrofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 15:40   #3
fastvfr
Ancient Tech

Send a message via Yahoo to fastvfr
My girlfriend had me build her her own gaming PC, mostly for Unreal Tournament 2004 but she also likes Serious Sam: TSE and Painkiller.

She isn't too bad at it, either, but she still has this maddening habit of standing her ground with an assault rifle while going toe-to-toe with a Bot firing rockets or grenades at her.

This whole 'Let's Trade Hit Points!" thing never seems to work out in her favor. However, for some reason, she just can't break herself of the habit.

Once she learns how to bunnyhop and figures out that cover is actually GOOD FOR YOU, she'll be a wicked little fragbabe.

Oh, and speaking of them:

http://www.womengamers.com/index.php

http://www.fragdolls.com/
fastvfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 16:15   #4
Tvov

Quote:
Originally posted by fastvfr

http://www.womengamers.com/index.php

http://www.fragdolls.com/ [/B]
LOL, gotta love the internet.
Old 04-04-2005, 16:16   #5
DreamWeaver88

I've run into a few of the girls from this clan on Xbox Live.

http://pmsclan.com/

DW
DreamWeaver88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 17:59   #6
chevrofreak

Tvov, I played that GunmetalGirl on the MOW server the other day, she's pretty good. What alias do you use when playing? I've been using chevrofreak again lately.

Old 04-05-2005, 06:15   #7
Tvov

I play under "MadFF". GunmetalGirl is very good with an Apache. The MOW clan server is great. They are pretty strict about player names and language, and enforce their rules. One nice thing about their server, this may sound odd, but you are allowed to "camp" the bases. That is all part of the games, and you have to learn how to deal with it.

The last few weeks I have been playing on the MOW clan CTF server 1 almost every night.

The MOW clan members seem to be all great pilots. When playing against them be prepared to be bombed, rocketed, and strafed from the air mercilessly. I've gotten to the point where I usually switch to the side without MOW clan members (meaning: the side that is losing) to see how many I can shoot down (lol). I am not a great pilot, so I stay on the ground most of the time.

I usually end up running around as a support guy, running tanks, artillery, laying mines, and seeing if I can use my mortar. My goal is to kill someone with the mortar. I just have fun, I rarely run up a high kill score. The pilots are the ones usually with high kills.

Oh, I went off a bit there...

Last edited by Tvov; 04-05-2005 at 06:18..
Old 04-05-2005, 22:10   #8
chevrofreak

I had been playing BF1942/Desert Combat for over a year before I found out how the artillery binoculars help the shooters. Thats some great stuff!

I love helicopters. If you see me on their server I'll be in a helicopter.

Old 04-08-2005, 11:39   #9
Altaris

One of my friends met his current girlfriend over at a TFC competition.
Altaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 14:15   #10
Sobersally

<-----Gamer
<-----Girl
<-----Xbox-Modded Halo LE Blue from Canada
<-----Just bought a Glock 17

Look out world!
Sobersally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 17:46   #11
chevrofreak

Got a pic? ^5

Old 04-24-2005, 06:25   #12
MrMurphy
Lifetime Membership

I play at a Lan center (and have played at two others) and currently know of at least 3 girl-gamers I've seen come through, as well as girlfriends of guys who play regularly who also play when they get bored (and actually do okay).

One of the girl gamers and her boyfriend (older types, mid to late 20s) come in fairly regularly on weekends, they mostly play Command and Conquer type stuff, but I've gone up against her in COD:UO and she's a very, very good sniper. However, she doesn't always displace after a couple shots, so sometimes I've doubled back and nailed her with my own rifle if I saw where she hit me from. She's an ultracamper, but I've watched her (standing behind her) hit the tiniest little bit of guy sticking out from a wall doing an eyeball-peek and kill him.

The other two LANs I used to play at over the years have had another half-dozen I've run into playing there too.
"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et fili, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."
MrMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote