SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-02-2010, 14:12   #1
Truffle8Shuffle

Send a message via AIM to Truffle8Shuffle
Shoot Straight coming to WPB end of 2010

Talked to their sales guys at the gun show this past weekend, very surprised to see them. The new store should be open by the end of this year sometime. It will have 16 +/- pistol lanes and 4(?) rifle lanes, will allow own ammo to be used, memberships will be available, and something about Ladies Night where women shoot free on a particular night.

The store is going to be located on Southern Blvd. just west of the Turnpike (I'm guessing near the Dick's).

They're the biggest store in the Orlando area. They carry LOTS of stuff other than guns and have pretty decent prices on accessories and gun prices can be competitive with sales and plenty of used guns usually. I've never had a problem with any of their staff who have always been helpful.

http://www.shootstraightonline.com/

Quote:
I cant use the iron sights anyway because I am blind in one eye and cant see out the other
Truffle8Shuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 15:44   #2
Powder

Their prices suck and one of the managers called my Dad a liar to his face. I'll never spend a dime there. This was at the Tampa store.
Old 06-03-2010, 20:39   #3
John Hatcher
Romeo Charlie

The Tampa store is bigger than the Orlando store. They are prices are very high!
Old 06-04-2010, 09:03   #4
G19Pistolero

The new store in Fort Myers has been open for about 2 months now...they are quite expensive...very good selection...did buy an M9 at their 3 day "Opening Sale" last week when prices were reasonable...

The range has some issues for sure...the barriers aren't high enough you tend to get showered with your neighbor's brass...also the paper targets get blown around due to some huge industrial fans they have improperly placed...it is nice to bring your own ammo though...

The staff is friendly but some of them don't know much about guns that's for sure...

Great selection of HD ammo...

-J.-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
: ****** me, hold tight. What's that?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
: It's me belt, Turkish.

: No Tommy.There's a gun in your trousers.What's a gun doing in your trousers?

: It's for protection.

: Protection from what? "Zee Germans"?

Last edited by G19Pistolero; 06-04-2010 at 09:04..
G19Pistolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 18:49   #5
greatwun

Send a message via AIM to greatwun
Theyre prices seem to keep going up all the time. Last time I visited I wanted to pick up an LCP but they wouldnt go lower than $400. However, they do get some good police trade-ins from time to time.
greatwun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 16:42   #6
rugerp95

they like to barter . Here in ft. myers prices are good on some items, full list on others like always shop around
rugerp95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 19:05   #7
jamaicanj

Great. A palm beach range that will allow me to shoot my own ammo.
jamaicanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 19:08   #8
Truffle8Shuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaicanj View Post
Great. A palm beach range that will allow me to shoot my own ammo.
http://palmbeachshootingcenter.com/index.html I believe Palm Beach Shooting Center also allows you to bring your own ammo, it just costs a little more per hour to shoot.

Quote:
I cant use the iron sights anyway because I am blind in one eye and cant see out the other
Old 06-07-2010, 09:52   #9
John Hatcher
Romeo Charlie

Yeah in the Tampa location I asked about the S&W M&P 15 OR. He laughed at me and told me it was a $1300.00 dollar rifle. I just grinned and walked out. I purchsed the exact rifle from ONPOINTFIREARMS for $920.00 out the door. I only go there for the range the prices and people suck!
Old 06-13-2010, 14:10   #10
PBCounty

Send a message via AIM to PBCounty
Always glad to see new faces but I think we're getting a little top heavy on the firearm dealers around here.
Old 06-13-2010, 15:05   #11
Truffle8Shuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCounty View Post
Always glad to see new faces but I think we're getting a little top heavy on the firearm dealers around here.
True, but I'd rather have more competition as it can be a good thing for customers. Also, the range will allow you to use your own ammo, so that's always a good thing.

And they usually have a great selection of holsters and other accessories and some other stores barely carry.

Quote:
Old 06-13-2010, 15:12   #12
chad1972

they are way overpriced, alot
florida glockers #147
chad1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:52   #13
deathpriest

In Gun Shows, they have always matched the online price I can get. Show them in my Phone, price matched.
I have made multiple purchases from them.
deathpriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:18   #14
Truffle8Shuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathpriest View Post
In Gun Shows, they have always matched the online price I can get. Show them in my Phone, price matched.
I have made multiple purchases from them.
Wow, that's really good to know. Any idea if they do this at their stores, as well?

Quote:
Old 06-28-2010, 19:24   #15
ArtyZ
Cranberry Sauce

A new range in Palm Beach County which has no restrictions on 'self brought' ammo is a good thing.

Big Dawg #945
Wheelhouse #142
Niners #928
ArtyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 13:39   #16
rappa29
JAFO

IMHO, good range, great selection, okay staff (just gotta find the right person to talk to) and high prices.

I bought a Glock 26 at the Tampa store couple of years ago, 'on sale' for $489, which is the REGULAR NON SALE price at some of the other local shops around my area. They were the only place that could keep them in stock during the election panic.

Sometimes you can find a deal on their used stuff.

Last edited by rappa29; 06-29-2010 at 13:40..
rappa29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 18:01   #17
coastal4974

Iím new to shooting and gun ranges so I donít have a lot of experience to compare. The only range Iíve been to in Florida is Fowlers in Ft. Myers. I know they make you purchase their ammo and of course that is more expensive than what you can buy on line. But at least Fowlers lets you shoot and rent at no charge on Fridays. Thatís not a bad deal and will certainly overcome their higher priced ammo. The very few things I looked at seemed as though their in store prices are not out of line with other local gun shops and less expensive than Pro Bass. The people I dealt with were very friendly, I would go back again.
I have not been to the new Shoot Straight but know a few people who have and they seem to really like it. But in order to reduce their higher than Fowler range fees you have to either buy a $35/mo membership or a $225 annual membership fee. Itís not likely that you would shoot enough to make out better.
coastal4974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 20:08   #18
packinaglock
John 3:16 <><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truffle8Shuffle View Post
http://palmbeachshootingcenter.com/index.html I believe Palm Beach Shooting Center also allows you to bring your own ammo, it just costs a little more per hour to shoot.
Yep, I ran through a couple hundred rounds of 9mm today after work. (WWB) They won't let you shoot the Swiss ammo that is available at Walmart though.
Old 07-04-2010, 18:28   #19
GREY-GHOST

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19Pistolero View Post
The new store in Fort Myers has been open for about 2 months now...they are quite expensive...very good selection...did buy an M9 at their 3 day "Opening Sale" last week when prices were reasonable...

The range has some issues for sure...the barriers aren't high enough you tend to get showered with your neighbor's brass...also the paper targets get blown around due to some huge industrial fans they have improperly placed...it is nice to bring your own ammo though...

The staff is friendly but some of them don't know much about guns that's for sure...

Great selection of HD ammo...

-J.-
Agreed, they also need to drop a few ac vents over the shooters for what they charge.
GREY-GHOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 21:42   #20
njl

Quote:
Originally Posted by packinaglock View Post
Yep, I ran through a couple hundred rounds of 9mm today after work. (WWB) They won't let you shoot the Swiss ammo that is available at Walmart though.
What's their reason for that?