SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-15-2005, 11:29   #1
oldstyle
Jeep Pirate

Have you gotten out of a ticket....

....when the cop realized you were a firefighter? I'm not admitting "nuthin" and it DIDN'T happen across the street from Battalion HQ.
Old 04-15-2005, 16:15   #2
Tvov

Of course not. Never. My driving record just happens to be very clean since I joined. Coincidence.
Tvov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 10:14   #3
Slinger646
King of Sling

+1, and i guess the biker cop has an itch on his leg everytime I drive by. Thats why he lowers his radar.

Yeah, well I also have 2 toilets and 1 ass, what's it to ya??
Slinger646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 14:51   #4
WPD80
The Example!

I have been a cop for 14 years now. My father just retired as a Police Chief. He gave me some sound advice when I first started.

He said;

Son, don't ever, ever write a fireman/EMT/Nurse/Doctor a citation. You will never know when you need them. Well one day I stopped this ER nurse for speeding. I approached her and smiled and stated for her to carry on! No problems.

Well, about three weeks later I was fighting on the roadside with a mope. He was attempting to throw some dope, and I was attempting to stop him. My left leg was planted firmly on the road. I spun with the mope and my leg did not move. I damaged my knee, and moved my patella over to the side of my leg.

I was still able to get him cuffed, and guess what. That Trauma Nurse that I gave a break to, drove up and rendered some very welcomed aid to me. A fireman stopped and took over the mope for me, and called for assitance on my radio.

So Yep, My brothers and sisters in civil serivce, you will get a break from me!

Tom;c
WPD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 17:45   #5
nam02G
Angry Bunny

I got pulled over once while wearing a fire department logo'd sweatshirt. I got a lecture about setting a better example. And the promise that if he ever caught me going that fast through his area again I would get a ticket.
Old 04-21-2005, 20:02   #6
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Nope.

I've noticed the best way to avoid a speeding ticket is not to speed. Unless you have a darn good life or death emergency reason, and the ticket would be worth it. I use cruise control a lot. I've just returned to Texas from 5 years in Germany and one year in Baghdad. Neither place is a good teacher for following Texas speed limits.

I also have noticed that this professional courtesy does not extend to the military in the Ft Hood area. Luckily, I've learned this from the mistakes of others.

"Doc"
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote