Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-17-2005, 19:06   #1
NeedOneBad

Replacing My First Car

Ive been driving for about a year now and I have torn up my boat. Ive learned alot and am very glad that I can now upgrade my car.

I want a luxury car. Ive got a motorcycle that has done a great job as a chick magnet and now I need something for dates and what have you.

A friend of mine has a 1986 BMW 735i that is in good condition. It runs and the interior and exterior are fair. He wants 1500 for it.

My plan is to buy it from him and redo the interior and exterior exactly how I want it.

What all should I look for in buying a used BMW? Any other comments, tips, or suggestions?
NeedOneBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 20:19   #2
Rob1035
Skeet Surfer

if you want a project, get that BMW. old german cars just love to have electrical gremlins and mechanical problems....

I'd only recommend an early 7 if you have good to excellent mechanical knowledge, a decent set of tools, and some BMW know how. If you have a bunch of money, buy a newer car...
Old 04-17-2005, 20:57   #3
SIGSAREBETTER
Teh Pieman

Send a message via AIM to SIGSAREBETTER

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob1035
if you want a project, get that BMW. old german cars just love to have electrical gremlins and mechanical problems....

I'd only recommend an early 7 if you have good to excellent mechanical knowledge, a decent set of tools, and some BMW know how. If you have a bunch of money, buy a newer car...
What he said! I had a mid-eighties Audi 5000 before my Focus, and while I truly loved that car and felt is was very ahead of it's time, it had all manner of problems that finally compelled me to buy a brand-new car. If you're not mechanically savvy.....save yourself the headache.
SIGSAREBETTER is offline   Reply With Quote