SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-09-2005, 21:01   #1
MrMurphy
Lifetime Membership

Some things in multiplayer combat suck

1. Spawn Campers.....especially when they have a tank.

2. Camping snipers that just target one doorway.

3. Teamkillers when FF is on.
"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et fili, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."
MrMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 19:48   #2
JesseCuster
Army Dude

Send a message via AIM to JesseCuster
I never understood the hatred towards campers myself.

Spawn camping is one thing. Anyone who does that should be put on the rack. Regular camping is okay. I think it's a viable tactic, and it's one that actually doesn't pay off very well.

I've noticed that the vast majority who camp regularly tend to a) get killed by someone they didn't see coming up behind them, and b) never get too many kills anyway. By virtue of staying in one spot, you are limiting your vision and exposure to the map. When I decide I'm going to be evil and sneaky and take a break by hiding on some roof somewhere, I invariably come down after a few minutes because I've seen only one guy run past, and didn't have time to get a bead on him.

Teamkillers have their own place reserved in Hell, though.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:59   #3
Tvov

Had a tough game last night?

Tvov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 13:33   #4
Jtemple
Geek

Regular camping is fine. Spawn camping and team killing sucks.
Jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 15:17   #5
-=DFOX=-
Border Bandit

What game in particular?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
-=DFOX=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 20:30   #6
MrMurphy
Lifetime Membership

I camp often, but I shoot and scoot.. two or three bursts or shots, and displace.

I play Call of Duty: United Offensive.
"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et fili, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."
Old 04-12-2005, 22:18   #7
Rasco
Swollen Member

Spawn camping is lame. That's about as low as it gets.

TKing can sometimes be an accident, but people who "gimp" you at the start of the round are pretty damn bad.

One of my pet peeves is the guy who's the LAST guy to survive the round, most likely because he was pussing out in a corner somewhere during the action, tries to be all ninja and creep around like he's gonna kill all 6 of the opposite team who are still alive and looking for his ass.

America's Army was the WORST game for that.

10:00 rounds?!?!

So I get killed in the first 60 seconds and now I gotta just sit here and wait 9:00 for some guy who's trying to nurture his record creep around the map and eventually get killed, or win the round, but at that point, who even cares?

That's why Counter Strike Source is such a great game. It's realistic, but not so much that it's annoying and no fun. And it's fast paced enough with most rounds lasting about 2-3 mins, AND there is no REspawning, so there's no spawn camping.

I highly suggest all GT members check it out.

Terrorists get a nice Glock 17 with 3 round burst fire to start off with every time.
Rasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 11:59   #8
JesseCuster
Army Dude

Send a message via AIM to JesseCuster
Rasco: that's why I mostly play Call of Duty now. I can hop on, play for a bit and leave. If I die, I can respawn instantly. There are so many spawn locations that it's not really possible to camp them, and even if you do chances are you will be shot by someone else who's running around with a Thompson.

I used to play Rainbow Six 3 a lot, but got frustrated with Ubisoft's multiplayer. It took me forever to find a good game to connect to, and to get shot in the head by one of your teammates in the first ten seconds ("Ops sorry man") is kinda annoying. Or even just getting killed by a terrorist. Then you get to watch everyone else play while you nod off.

At least you could minimize the game, and surf while you waited for everyone else to die. ;f
Old 04-15-2005, 05:49   #9
MrMurphy
Lifetime Membership

I generally play COD:UO on the Cassino 24/7 server, as either A Flaming Drunken Midget, Farfrumnuben, or That Bastard Who Aims.

I got spawncamped by a moron there with a Sherman yesterday TWICE (respawned there along with others) so he racked up about sixteen kills, but then a panzerfaust got him.

Granted, I did the same to them when they all spawned in this little building but at least we let about 4 out of 5 bail out of the building before firing (if the idiot stood there long enough, someone headshotted him).
Old 04-15-2005, 09:02   #10
Rasco
Swollen Member

I always wanted to try CoD online, but I never got around to actually purchasing the game, and I could never get my copy to work online.

The closest I got was a 1 on 1 LAN game. And that sucked, but it wasn't the game's fault. It was for lack of players.

I think you guys would like Counter Strike Source if you ever tried it. It's got all the modern weapons, etc. It can take a while to get used to the accuracy because it can be unforgiving. I was used to playing Battlefield Vietnam which is a lot more forgiving and spray and pray a lot more effective. CS:Source makes you fire in short bursts and spray only as a last resort when you truly are just hhoping for a prayer.

And once you consider that it also comes with Half-Life 2, one of the best PC games of the decade thus far, you can't really go wrong.
Old 04-16-2005, 06:08   #11
MrMurphy
Lifetime Membership

I played counterstrike from the week it was released. I finally burned out on it after a couple years.

I tried Source when it came out, but it really hasn't changed any. I'll play it, but I won't buy it.
Old 04-18-2005, 13:04   #12
Rasco
Swollen Member

I think CS Source seems so cool to me because I never played regular CS. So it's all new to me. I'll be paying retail for CoD 2 though, that's fo sure. As well as Battlefield : Modern Combat.
Old 04-18-2005, 14:32   #13
gunz

I definately agree with the spawn campers and team killers.
Camping is also annoying when you are in a games that does not allow respawning. I have seen a camper take out 4 out of 8 in SOCOM:II. When you respawn though it is harder to camp and get multiple kills.
My biggest peaves though are....GLITCHERS!!!and CHEATERS!!!
I really don't play computer games online, however on console games online there are a fair number of cheaters.
Do you PC games not have to deal with them as much?
Old 04-18-2005, 14:47   #14
Tvov

Quote:
Originally posted by gunz

My biggest peaves though are....GLITCHERS!!!and CHEATERS!!!
I really don't play computer games online, however on console games online there are a fair number of cheaters.
Do you PC games not have to deal with them as much?
I have been online gaming (PC) for about 1 1/2 years now, which is not that long compared to others. As far as I can tell, I have not run into this problem. I haven't played a whole lot of different games, though. Halo1 for PC, as far as I understand it, is very difficult to "hack" and there are no "built-in" cheats. I remember playing only one game where the other side was using "super guns", and everyone else just dropped out of the game. In Battlefield, I usually play on servers that have admins, so I haven't seen a problem there. Battlefield also has Punkbuster available, and 95% of the games use it. A couple servers, though, advertise as allowing cheats or hacks... I haven't played those.

HOWEVER, I have played plenty of games where someone is SOOO good, people accuse him of cheating. I have yet to receive such a compliment ( )
Tvov is offline   Reply With Quote