Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-14-2014, 12:51   #1
Chesafreak

Best tech sales pitch EVER!

A local consulting firm (SLAIT) and Barracuda partnered for a sales pitch today at Colonial Shooting Academy in Virginia Beach. That's right, I got a free lunch and free trip to the range during working hours to listen to a sales pitch. I got to shoot an AR and AK for the first time, and was on the clock getting paid to do it. Colonial supplied the guns and ammo and a couple of us brought our own guns as well.

Edit: One thing I forgot to mention was that another IT guy who showed up brought his suppressed AR SBR in 300 Blackout with a red dot scope on it. He was kind enough to let everyone shoot it. I didn't find out what brand it was, but it was pretty sweet, and quiet!

Tech Talk

Tech Talk

Last edited by Chesafreak; 08-14-2014 at 15:13..
Chesafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 13:27   #2
seanmac45
CLM Number 38
Charter Lifetime Member

Very nice. Wish I dealt with sales staff like that.
Old 08-14-2014, 13:33   #3
Chesafreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmac45 View Post
Very nice. Wish I dealt with sales staff like that.
Its common around here to get invited to a lunch and sales pitch at places like Ruth Chris, where a dinner for two is easily over $100, but this is the first time I've been to one at a shooting range AND catered.
Old 08-14-2014, 14:13   #4
jfost11

Cool. How is Colonial inside? I've heard a lot but haven't ventured into Richmond to visit the one up here yet.
jfost11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 15:09   #5
Chesafreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfost11 View Post
Cool. How is Colonial inside? I've heard a lot but haven't ventured into Richmond to visit the one up here yet.
It's a big, roomy place with a large selection, at least compared to other LGS in this area. I didn't get a good look at their prices except to note that the price on a Ruger SR9C is only about ten bucks higher that what I paid yesterday at a different shop. They had a pretty big selection of accessories and I picked up a holster for my SR9C on my way out.

They have multiple ranges, and you can shoot rifles there unlike the other indoor ranges in town. The targets are controlled by a digital display unit and run out to 25 yards. They are very strict on the range rules compared to where I usually shoot at Bob's in Norfolk. You can't carry a loaded firearm inside, even with a concealed handgun permit. And they keep a range safety officer standing around keeping an eye on things, while Bob's just watches via camera. You must watch a safety and rules video before you can shoot there the first time, not just read and sign a form like other places.

Overall I was impressed, but then I didn't really take a good look at prices on anything other than holsters and an SR9C.
Old 08-14-2014, 18:01   #6
jfost11

I've read their rules online and knew about the mandatory safety course. How long is the video?

I haven't been to Bob's in years. The Marksman in Newport News allows non-pistol calibers if you get the frangible ammo from them. Not sure I'd want to go in there with a long gun though. That little place is loud enough with typical semi-auto handgun rounds even wearing plugs and muffs.
jfost11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 20:01   #7
Chesafreak

I think the video was between five and ten minutes long.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Ohub Campfire mobile app