Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-16-2005, 16:03   #1
TED

"The Fighter's Notebook"

When I was living in Norway, my Krav Maga instructor recommended this book to me. Does anyone have any familiarity with it? What do you think about it or what have you heard about it?

Thanks,

TED
TED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 18:01   #2
gr81disp
Bushbot v1.0

Send a message via AIM to gr81disp
I am not sure, but I believe it is out of print now. Anyone else have any solid info?

If liberals interpreted the Second Amendment the way they interpret the rest of the Bill of Rights, there would be law professors arguing that gun ownership is mandatory.
gr81disp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:17   #3
BlackBelt

Yes, I have it. It is actually a huge part of my core curriculum on groundfighting. There is nothing in that book that I don't teach.
A non-interesting side note about that book that I'll share anyway, since I'm known for rambling on and on...
I fought in a NHB match in Lousianna several years back. I fought this big, tough guy, and we were pretty much trading blow for blow, position for position for most of the fight. We ran the time out, and he won on split decision, but he and I both were totally exhuasted, and both impressed w/each other. So much that he asked me to call him the next day, and we could work on some stuff. We got together at his dojo, and he brought along his copy of The Fighters Notebook. I told him that I had never seen 'everything that I needed to know' written in one book before, and this was INCREDIBLE! He said, "I brought that book as a gift for you. Take care of it, because they are hard to come by." After I got home, I got so busy with classes that I didn't even look at the book for a year or so. Then when I picked it up again, I was astounded that it had the techniques that I was looking for right there, as well as how to train, as well as class curriculum guides, etc. Everything you need to be a complete ground-fighter, as well as conditioning, as well as, well, everything...
If you find a copy of that book, get it.
If you have any questions about it, just ask.
BlackBelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 09:39   #4
bluemeanie
Lospeedhidrag

Send a message via Yahoo to bluemeanie

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...906800-6304809

I don't know if that direct link to the search results will work for you or not. They've got it, brand-new, but boy, is it pricey.
Phillipians 3:12-14
bluemeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 18:28   #5
TED

Is it in a hardbound form or softbound or what? The version my Krav Maga instructor had was in a three ring binder, and I thought it was weird. Do they sell them in a three ring binder or what?

TED
TED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 22:00   #6
ARH

It is usually sold in one large binder. It is expensive, but at 600 techniques, it is worth it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
ARH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 13:29   #7
Moprine

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/FightersNotebook
Moprine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 16:21   #8
Skpotamus

Send a message via AIM to Skpotamus
It's old school MMA right there. It was written when MMA was just starting in the US. It has a massive amount of solid groundfighitng info, presented from both a grappling only, and MMA oriented viewpoint. I used it as a reference quite a bit.

I've met David Roy and Kirik Jennesses (sp?) before, adn they were really cool people, as well as highly skilled.

They also have a est of DVD's that I haven't seen yet, http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/FNTheDVD/

IMO, a must have for someone who's serious about self defense, as this contians stand up grappling and groundfighting with strikes.
Skpotamus is offline   Reply With Quote