Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-25-2007, 12:51   #281
customG29

I don't know if anyone brought it up yet but why not lasers on all service pistols?? That wold help in aiming fast but it wold be expensive.
customG29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 19:37   #282
blinddog

Most departments are unwilling to spend the money and the political fallout would be or is perceved to be bad. Look at the crappola that comes out anytime some mongrel gets maced or tasered. Even if they get swarmed some unknowing fool thinks the police ganged up on the poor guy.
When a person is unruly and combative rather than fight with him one on one police now have tools that are not harmful as in the past. A four foot billy is not only intimadateing to look at it stops fights fast also
I can see the press now." the unknown man was upset over somthing after robbing the store. He then killed in his tracks by the laser guided bullets. It is unknown why the decesed was shot, he was only warned to drop his pistol five times."
G21 Club #0221
blinddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:58   #283
Tiel Raptor
Noah's Daddy!

Two words, Knee Caps!

Tiel
Old 03-03-2007, 16:36   #284
blinddog

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiel Raptor
Two words, Knee Caps!

Tiel
Any time leathel force is applied, it should be due to a threat of leatal force. And if threatened with leathel force knee caps still leave the aggressor able to shoot back, Never shoot to wound, if you need to shoot shoot to stop, that means stopping all functions, not just stopping movement.
G21 Club #0221
Old 03-03-2007, 17:28   #285
Tiel Raptor
Noah's Daddy!

Take it easy, take your finger off the trigger.....

Peace blinddog, I was only adding a little humor to a topic that always gets out of hand....

BTW, I like your additude and your thoughts about the subject....but it is damn hard to shoot well with your knee caps blown out!

Tiel
Old 03-03-2007, 17:39   #286
Tiel Raptor
Noah's Daddy!

Never been in a gun fight, but....................

Working in correction, I've seen alot of folks who should have been dropped like a stone just keep on going and going. When a 155 pound guy is pumped up and in comes five guy over 225 pounds with sticks and chains, you think you'll got it done. I've seen guys like this have batons broken over their heads and keep on fighting. Now they looked like hell a few hours later when taken to the HCU, but not during the fight.

Tiel
Old 03-04-2007, 12:33   #287
blinddog

I know of more than one case of cops getting killed by guys who should have been DRT. opne guy had thirteen rounds in his body and one through his heart as he broke a female cops neck. After telling her "you got me good that time." (Angel dust and coke is bad stuff.) Knee caps are a revenge target. Used more by organized crime to teach a lession.

My whole point is, if as a law abideing citizen, you are ever called upon to use deadly force, use it! Don't worry about if you should because if you take the time to think about, it you will be dead, so get your mental attatude at that point draw aim fire and ******** the consequences. It is better that you are still breathing and can go home to your family, than the mongrel who threatend you or some other innocent person.
And thats a fact!!!!!
G21 Club #0221
Old 03-04-2007, 18:40   #288
Tiel Raptor
Noah's Daddy!

Quote:
Originally posted by blinddog
I know of more than one case of cops getting killed by guys who should have been DRT. opne guy had thirteen rounds in his body and one through his heart as he broke a female cops neck. After telling her "you got me good that time." (Angel dust and coke is bad stuff.) Knee caps are a revenge target. Used more by organized crime to teach a lession.

My whole point is, if as a law abideing citizen, you are ever called upon to use deadly force, use it! Don't worry about if you should because if you take the time to think about, it you will be dead, so get your mental attatude at that point draw aim fire and ******** the consequences. It is better that you are still breathing and can go home to your family, than the mongrel who threatend you or some other innocent person.
And thats a fact!!!!!
Old 03-11-2007, 16:39   #289
taters

Quote:
Originally posted by RMTactical
What stands out to me is that 10% of these guys were killed with their own weapon... :(
i don't believe for one minute that 4 rounds of .45 ammo won't stop anyone drugs or no drugs
Old 03-12-2007, 10:38   #290
blinddog

As far as drugged up mongrels I have seen cases where the perp was shot up to fifteen and twenty times. One that stands out was the perp after shooting the male officer and being shot himself several times broke the neck of the female officer who was empting her 9MM into him one of those went through his heart witnersses heard him comment to the woman officer "you got me good that time" as he broke her neck. Do not underestimate the effect drugs or psycoses may have on a person.
Even such well documented shooting like Miami have shown multipul hit do not alays stop an attack. Likw I have said much of it is mental preperation.
In a gun fight you are very likely to get hit, it is not like TV and the movies, even a slight wound can put you down if you are not mentally ready. Remember pain is just weakness leaving your body.
G21 Club #0221
Old 03-12-2007, 10:55   #291
taters

ok contact the guiness book of records because if someone was shot with even a 9mm 15 times he is down for the count.in viet nam i never saw one vc hit with one round from a .45 that did not go down. who ever told you that story i blowing smoke. empty a .45 into hulk hogan on drugs and he is toast!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 10:42   #292
blinddog

Happened outside Nashville in 1994 two sheriffs deputies responding to a domestic problem confronted the husband who was armed and jacked up on angel dust. Suspect drew handgun as male officer approched him in the bed room.gunfire was exchanged and male officer killed female then enhaged suspect who charged her grabbing her by the throat and lifting her of her feet, she continued shooting him with her 9MM semi auto hitting him in the chest and body, arriving back up heard suspect say you got me a good one that time. As he snapped the female officers neck, he then dropped dead. Autopsy recovered fifteen bullets from the suspects torso one has bisected the heart. That was from NIJ law enforcment bulliten on line of duty deaths of Law Enforcment officers.They do not blow smoke.
I have personally seen people who were jacked up doing some really remarcable things so do not discount the effects of drug abuse during a hostile confrontation.
G21 Club #0221
Old 03-13-2007, 11:11   #293
taters

i don't believe he was shot with 15 rounds of 9mm but there was a cop in las vegas who put 4 rounds of 9mm into a suspect and he kept coming. but i don't believe the same thing would happen with .45 hollowpoints
Old 03-14-2007, 15:22   #294
PBR Sailor

Quote:
Originally posted by taters
i don't believe he was shot with 15 rounds of 9mm but there was a cop in las vegas who put 4 rounds of 9mm into a suspect and he kept coming. but i don't believe the same thing would happen with .45 hollowpoints
The only thing certain about an armed engagement is that nothing is certain. You just never know if the weapon is going to work or not regardless of caliber. Your choice of weapon and ammunition just slightly increases your odds of success.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:42   #295
blinddog

Threr ain't no such a thing as a magic bullet, no matter what the caliber of bulet type or wt. The factor of the targets ability to shed pain, as well as yours.Makes a differance. Mental attatude is a prime example. Alcohol or drug intoxication is also a big factor. Since a person who is doped up beyond understanding pain or injury, will be much more capible of ignoring pain or injury. So what it boils down to is, unless the spine is severed or major organs or bones broken, or the brain distroyed,the target is not going to stop unless its brain tells it to. sober person hit in foot= oh sH** I been shot, falls down whining like a little girl. Drugged up +hit in abdomen= ouch what wuz that, continue attack. Mental focus and attatude is what counts plus good marksmanship.
G21 Club #0221
Old 03-15-2007, 16:23   #296
OldRonin

"Stopping Power"... its all relative.

Blind Dog--

You just said that in a better way than I've ever heard anyone say it before. I've got a PhD in criminal behavior with handds-on experience, and been a professor of pharmacology. You are so RIGHT ON, everyone with a CCW needs to have this burned into their brain so they understand it. Every word. This about wraps up the thread for me.

Thanks for sharing your wisdom with us.

Dr. John
Old 03-16-2007, 09:21   #297
blinddog

I think that about wraps this thread up for me as well. I was a Police Field Training Officer, before I got into investigations. Teaching what happens is one thing but you acctually have tyo see what happens before it really gets across. I have talked to a lot of folks who have the mindset form TV and Holly wierd that a gun shot will instantly kill, or that a flesh wound is minor and will not do much of any thing. I have seen one shot kills as in DRT from a .25 auto and a guy shot in the forehead with a .45 auto who survived. And those were just two of the shootings I worked, I have a masters in Administration of Justice, while collage helps in any line of work I found that in Law Enforcment plain old common sense and experiance are worth as much or more.
I was also an EMT and instructor of Basic Life S and Support, CPR and FDirst Aid. So I know a bit about human physiology too. But I still hear guys telling me that such and such wil instantly drop a 300 lbs man, but somthing else is insufficient. It boils down to what one is able to shoot well, and how well one shoots under stress. I have seen instances of guys who shot 98's at the range emty a fifteen round mag at ten feet under stress and not hit anything but air, I have also seen guys who were barely able to qualify, make head shots at forty yards in near dark. It is all an individual thing how well one handles stress and that really cannnot be trained for.
G21 Club #0221
Old 03-21-2007, 22:11   #298
jenelle681

Re: The Myth of "One Shot Stop" Percentages

Quote:
Originally posted by RMTactical
http://www.greent.com/40Page/general/defammo.htm
Couldnt help but notice, no cor bon loads on there list.
Old 04-05-2007, 15:49   #299
ZBoater

Quote:
Originally posted by taters
ok contact the guiness book of records because if someone was shot with even a 9mm 15 times he is down for the count.in viet nam i never saw one vc hit with one round from a .45 that did not go down. who ever told you that story i blowing smoke. empty a .45 into hulk hogan on drugs and he is toast!!!!!!!
That would depend on where you hit the Hulkster...

"In one case, the subject attacked the officer with a knife. The officer shot the individual four times in the chest; then, his weapon malfunctioned. The offender continued to walk toward the officer. After the officer cleared his weapon, he fired again and struck the subject in the chest. Only then did the offender drop the knife. This individual was hit five times with 230-grain, .45-caliber hollow-point ammunition and never fell to the ground. The offender later stated, 'The wounds felt like bee stings.'"

I venture to guess that if the officer had shot a .22 caliber bullet into the guy's eye socket, that would have made him drop the knife.

Its just a guess...
Mossberg M590A1 12 gauge
ZBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 16:05   #300
taters

don't for a second believe that b.s. no one shot with a .45 4 times is gonna say damn these bee stings and keep coming. people bs why i don't know but dont believe it