Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-07-2005, 12:22   #1
RockinAR

Gym Hottie Girls = Motivation!

I just got back in the gym last night after not not going in a few years. Right now I have plenty of motivation, but after seeing some of the ones that were in there last night, I am HIGHLY motivated. Man, some of these chicks were PERFECT 10's. Maybe a 9.5 at worst. I was at the lat pulldown machine and probably the second best looking one in the joint walked over to use the one next to me. I just kinda laughed to myself and though "This is unreal. I can't concentrate with her there".

I felt like a total pencil neck wimp lifting REALLY light to avoid DOMS for now. It was rather embarrassing. But I know from past experience that the results I seek will come with patience, decent nutrition and hard training.
RockinAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 16:35   #2
Glock19Fan
Cool Guy

Hit on them. ;c
Old 06-08-2005, 12:49   #3
robwebbg22
DeOppressoLiber

Go lift 4 times a week light for a month or so an build up heavy. Creatine glutamine an a multivitamin will help.
i lift mondays flat bench an tris
Tuesday back biceps
wen off
Thur incline decline bench work tris
Fri shoulder bis

I throw 225 around 26-30 times on my first set and I am as strong now age 35 as i was when i was 25.
Cardio treadmill fastwalk 4 times a week also.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:53   #4
Cross-X
CLM Number 266
Charter Lifetime Member

"I felt like a total pencil neck wimp lifting REALLY light to avoid DOMS for now"

Uhhh, what is DOMS?
Cross-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 13:31   #5
robwebbg22
DeOppressoLiber

I believe he is trying to eliminate latic acid build up an soreness the best i can figure. Bachelors an masters in physical education go only so far lol
Old 06-08-2005, 14:10   #6
Cross-X
CLM Number 266
Charter Lifetime Member

I get it -- DOMS = Dirty Old Man Syndrome
Cross-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 14:22   #7
garythenuke

I think he is referring to Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. That happens when you really knock youself out in a workout when you are not ready for it. You feel a little tight or maybe weak the next day, but the second day the soreness sets in with a vengence. It may last two or three or more days. It is really bad.
garythenuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 14:28   #8
NDGlock
OIF2, KFOR12

...like the 2nd day after a good squat workout

A good way to break it down is some elliptical cardio. It is a smooth motion and you help break down the lactic acid.

That and hyrdrate and STRETCH!
NDGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 16:51   #9
RockinAR

Quote:
Originally posted by garythenuke
I think he is referring to Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. That happens when you really knock youself out in a workout when you are not ready for it. You feel a little tight or maybe weak the next day, but the second day the soreness sets in with a vengence. It may last two or three or more days. It is really bad.
This is what I speak of.
Old 06-10-2005, 19:47   #10
ateamer
NRA4EVR

Why worry about getting a little sore? No one ever died from being sore. Lift heavy, eat lots of protein, drink plenty, and adapt to the workload.

Oh, and if you are are noticing the women, you aren't working very hard.
Know-it-all
ateamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 23:30   #11
garythenuke

If you have DOMS, it is more than sore. If you do a good 20 rep squat workout, you will be extremely tight and sore from your hips to your calves all the way around. DOMS goes all the way to the bone. "They" are not exactly sure what the real root cause for it is. Much the same way that no one knows precisely the mechanism for muscle growth and strength gain. There are alot of theories out there, but no one has yet to get a lock on it.
Lots of folks think soreness is caused by everything from the lactic acid burning the tissues (that would really be a poor design of the machine), to stretched fibers and membranes from extra blood in the muscle, to micro tears. The truth is that as of this week, no one knows exactly what causes the soreness and what the mechanism of strength gain is.
DOMS is way more than just sore. You are down for the count. I have had it only twice, once in my biceps and once in my calves. Both times were nearly debilitating for me for about three days, starting with the second day after my workout. THe key is to start slowly, and once you have some conditioning in your body, then hit it hard and heavy. Your body adapts quickly. Two weeks of regular workouts, and your muscles should be able to tolerate anything you throw at them.

good luck
gtn

Last edited by garythenuke; 06-11-2005 at 01:12..
Old 06-11-2005, 00:06   #12
RockinAR

Yeah, DOMS seems to affect my tendons the most. I have had so bad before in my biceps, I could not extend my arms more than 90 degrees for 3 or 4 days. I had to walk around with my arms bent at a 90 degree angle. I could not straighten them at all. It hurt BAD. Embarrassing and painfull.
Old 06-11-2005, 01:13   #13
garythenuke

Been there, Done that. YUCK

The insertion of my biceps were the ones to get it the worst. I too had to go with my arms half cocked for about three days. NO FUN.
Old 06-18-2005, 19:47   #14
RockinAR

Quote:
Originally posted by garythenuke
Been there, Done that. YUCK

The insertion of my biceps were the ones to get it the worst. I too had to go with my arms half cocked for about three days. NO FUN.
LMAO.....I had that.