Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-18-2005, 09:59   #1
uscmas412
Got GLOCK?

Send a message via AIM to uscmas412
changing a/c hose

My a/c hose leading from the compressor the condensor is leaking and I have to replace it. Is there anything that I need to take note of before I change the hose? The system should be decompressed as it hasn't worked in about two years. If anyone has experience with this type of work, please feel free to leave some wisdom.
uscmas412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 17:32   #2
Ron3

You can crack a line to release the pressure, just keep your hands and face away.

Replace your part. Then you should apply a vaccum to the system to take out air and moisture. I'm not sure how to do that without proper equipment.

After that just buy a AC charge kit and follow directions.

Maybe someone else can advise you how to get a vaccum in the system before recharging.

Ron3
Ron3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 07:00   #3
G36.45

If you don't know what you are doing with AC...backwards and forwards.....the best advice you will get is to take it to a shop.

You will eventually anyways.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:32   #4
streeter69
This is Kewl

If you have a leaking hose most freon will be gone anyways. Just crack open the fitting and slowly release the pressure. Make sure when you are outting the hose back on to replace the seals! Most hoses come with them on it but some do not. Make sure you pick up some a/c oil(small 2 oz bottle) also and lube the seals when installing and put the rest in the hose.
I would advise on using a vac pump or atleast have a shop pull vac for you as it will help the system out. Like G36.45 said do it right or you will pay later.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:27   #5
kshuart

If there is any freon left in the system, DO NOT release it to the air. You can be fined up to $25,000. Take it to a shop that knows what they are doing. If the system is empty, the desiccant should also be changed. That is what absorbs moisture in the system and if the system has had air in it for 2 years, it will be full of moisture.

A vacuum has to be pulled on the system before filling it. Air in the system is terrible for the efficiency and contains moisture (not good either). Have someone check for leaks after it has been recharged. If not, you'll be doing it again in a month or two.