GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-29-2005, 07:31   #1
ToyotaMan

How to keep track of accured/used employee personal time?

Does anyone have a good system for keeping track of a group of employees accrued and used personal time? Days off? Absenteeism?

I've got 20 employees and honestly, I do a pretty poor job of keeping track of these things.

Do you have a spreadsheet that you use or have you found a computer program that does a good job of it?
Old 06-29-2005, 10:41   #2
DBradD

At the last job I had before retiring from working for others, we filled out excel timesheets on the computer. Vacation, sick time, etc had their own activity codes. The total for each week had to add up to 40 (or more for salary types) and the timesheets were submitted, either electronically or hard copy every pay period. The accountant extracted the numbers and they all appeared on the paycheck stubs. This worked fine for the company, which had about 45 employees and one accountant. It was fairly elaborate because the company did about 300-400 projects per year, some lump sum, some hourly, etc, so the project time had to be accounted for in fair detail, along with personal time.

I've thought this over a little and think I probably would have everybody fill out excel timesheets and submit them electronically. It would not be difficult to have another excel spreadsheet for my use only that processed the information, adding accumulated sick/vacation time, subtracting used sick/vacation time, sorting the hours spent on the different project numbers, and preparing invoices. Being an engineer, I might do this in Mathcad instead because it has more powerful programming and document preparation features.

I hope this helps.

DBD
DBradD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 18:48   #3
widmn

For greater numbers of employees and/or project type tracking, there are several programs out there such as Kronos, ADP has a Kronos light version, and others.
widmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 21:07   #4
kestrou
Pin Member #4

Send a message via Yahoo to kestrou

TM-

What accounting software do you use for your business? It should have a good payroll module that handles accrued and taken benefit time (vacation, sick, personal, etc.)

kestrou
Niner #2112 / Wheelhouse #2112 / Rimfire #2112 / 10-Ring #2113 / Sub-Club #2111 / Bull Dawg #2112 / 10mm Reloader #2113 / 1911 #2112
10mm: Because you never get a second chance to make a first impression!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
kestrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 22:15   #5
bunkerbuster

Intuit Quickbook Pro is good software.

If you are talking about tracking time during their work hour, there is a time clock card that goes electronic. It will track employees' time.
bunkerbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 06:39   #6
ClydeG19

I've just used Excel to keep track of my own.
ClydeG19 is offline   Reply With Quote