SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-19-2005, 17:57   #1
sls-snake
Idontfeellikeit

knife and gun CQC

has anyone ever heard of This style of CQC its where you old a knife in your left hand and a gun in your right hand, (if your right handed that is) I saw it on the video game Metal Gear Solid 3, it is prety accuruat with everything else, guns, gear, that sort of stuff, and I saw a guy who helped make the game dimenstrating some of it, he was there millitary and weapons advisor, it sounds a little made up, but you never know, thanks for the help.
sls-snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 21:28   #2
ForGreatJustice

Video game tactics?!

I'm a big MGS3 fan too. There IS some real-life basis for that technique, but the only instance I've every heard of it in real life comes from some documentation from the early 80's. So I think it might be a little dated. Certainly, that would make the game somewhat accurate since it takes place in the 60s.

I've tried it, but I found that my weapon handling would suffer unless the knife were really really small. Now I tend to use the Harries flashlight technique with the knife in reverse grip since I train with the flashlight that way too. I'm pretty sure I've seen Gabe Suarez integrate gun/knife into the Harries technique. It seems like it'd be useful for clearing extremely tight quarters.
Old 07-21-2005, 21:53   #3
sls-snake
Idontfeellikeit

I think it would work and feel pretty good with a Cold Steel Safekeeper 2 (or push dagger of any kind like that), never tried it though.
Old 07-21-2005, 22:08   #4
sls-snake
Idontfeellikeit

what kind of knives are those that Big Boss have in mgs3, the one on his ankle looks like a pilots survival knife but with a cut out in the blade, and the one he does the CQC with, the tanto, kind of looks like a strider, but smaller.

p.s. sorry if I'm turning this into a video game/knife thread.

!
!!
!!!
MGS3