Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-26-2005, 09:59   #1
beavis1957
GO GAMECOCKS!

Question about ideal program for fat loss.

Ok, I have a stupid question for you guys.

I started a workout regime back in Jan. where I would work out at least 3 days/wk and do 2 upper body and 1 lower body in those 3 days. I would do 15 to 20 min of cardio after each day's lift.

I also watched my diet (a little) during this time period. I lost a little bit of fat, but gained quite a bit of muscle.

I have been traveling for the past 3 weeks and unable to work out. I just started back yesterday, and am thinking about trying something different....doing only cardio for 4 days per week at least 1 hr total each day and not worry as much about lifting. I'll maybe lift one upper body day and one lower day per week as time permits.

Is this a better approach to fat loss than what I had been doing(?), cause I wasn't losing much then.

Thanks in advance for advice.
beavis1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 18:03   #2
benji

the best approach to fat loss is to watch your diet. eat less calories than you burn and you'll be set. there is no magic formula or secret workouts. it's a boring, simple answer, but it is the truth. if you like doing cardio better than weights, go for it. i prefer lifting, eating right, and doing hiit.
benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 19:28   #3
beavis1957
GO GAMECOCKS!

I guess my question was, given a decent diet, should I concentrate more on cardio or will lifting give me enough of a calorie burn to lose significant weight?

It just seems that when I was lifting and doing a little cardio, that my body was stubborn to shed the fat. More cardio is hopefully the answer.
beavis1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 20:30   #4
California Jack

I believe you should concentrate on high intensity interval training (HIIT) 3xweekly and weight training 3xweekly.

Good luck,
Jack
Old 07-27-2005, 21:01   #5
California Jack

I should have told you that the HIIT and weight traing should be done on alternate days. On lifting days, keep the time between sets to a minimum.

Something I think works for me is to train first thing in the morning on an empty stomach (water is ok) and than not eat for an hour after training.