SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-09-2005, 00:41   #1
BCR
BIGASS!!!!

Anything better than creatine?

I tried creatine quite a few years ago and got decent results. I'm not much into supplements anymore other than protein powders and bars.

I haven't really been following the supplement scene over the last few years.

Is there anything newer out that is proven to safetly help add mass and muscle size? Not looking for the "supplement of the week", but something with proven results.

Or is there a new form of creatine that works even better? I remember every company kept reinventing it. The last time i took it it was that creatine serum that you put under your tongue.

I've revamped my stale workouts and have been eating much more protein and calories now that winter is getting here, and am ready to start making gains in lean mass again.

PAIN IS MY BEST FRIEND.
BCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 06:08   #2
jdsumner

I really like VPN's estertized createne caplets, in combination with NOexplode. When the caps run out, I'm gonno go ahead and use the NOexplode in combo with the NItrix, and Cellmass.
I'm also using vpn's 0carb protien powder and Trioplex bars to help supplement my eating.
I also had good results with creatine (mono hydrate), it just takes so much to be effective.

Dan
jdsumner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 17:14   #3
45acp4me
Pissed puppet

In a couple weeks I made noticeable gains in how much I could lift after using this stuff:

http://www.dpsnutrition.net/product_...1006&last=1006

It's basically protein, creatine, glutamine + more in one package.

Ther are lots of pro hormones out there, but you have to be careful with them. If you are just out to look and feel good, staying with the tried, true and safe suppliments is the best way to go.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
45acp4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 00:53   #4
BCR
BIGASS!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by 45acp4me
In a couple weeks I made noticeable gains in how much I could lift after using this stuff:

http://www.dpsnutrition.net/product_...1006&last=1006

It's basically protein, creatine, glutamine + more in one package.

Ther are lots of pro hormones out there, but you have to be careful with them. If you are just out to look and feel good, staying with the tried, true and safe suppliments is the best way to go.
Wow! 56 grams of protein and 80 grams of carbs?!?!?! Don't know if my stomach can handle that.

Did it upset your stomach at all? Does it really mix instantly like it says?

It didn't mention creatine in the description, but I may have missed it.

PAIN IS MY BEST FRIEND.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:10   #5
45acp4me
Pissed puppet

It's actually not too bad on the stomach, ON whey is much, much worse. I use two scoops of it and one scoop of Muscle Milk when I make it, the Muscle Milk smooths it out.

Old 10-10-2005, 14:36   #6
BCR
BIGASS!!!!

Quote:
It's actually not too bad on the stomach, ON whey is much, much worse. I use two scoops of it and one scoop of Muscle Milk when I make it, the Muscle Milk smooths it out.
Might have to try it.

How many grams of creatine does it have? It didn't state in on the DPS site and even the cytosport site didn't state it.

PAIN IS MY BEST FRIEND.
Old 10-10-2005, 15:22   #7
45acp4me
Pissed puppet

Quote:
Originally posted by BCR
Might have to try it.

How many grams of creatine does it have? It didn't state in on the DPS site and even the cytosport site didn't state it.
It's two or three grams per serving which should be plenty, too much seems to mess up the stomach.

Old 10-11-2005, 07:29   #8
Data
poachers beware

I would try Green Bulge by Controlled Labs. Its some pretty good creatine. Check it out.
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 02:26   #9
BCR
BIGASS!!!!

Quote:
It's two or three grams per serving which should be plenty, too much seems to mess up the stomach.
Well, just for grins and giggles I took your advice.

Got me a jug of the chocolate and it tastes ok enough, and doesn't seem to mess with my stomach. Mixes instantly too.

Right now I'm taking half a serving before I work out, and half after. Might "up" it in the future.

Thanks for your input. I already like it much more than Muscle Milk.

PAIN IS MY BEST FRIEND.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:47   #10
John McClain

Send a message via AIM to John McClain
Results from creatine are directly related to how much creatine your body retains naturally. If you eat a lot of red meat, there's no reason to supplement creatine. All I ever really got from creatine in water gain, which is what it's supose to be, but that was only the first time. Unless you want to get into real chemicals, lots of protien is your best bet.
John McClain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 11:15   #11
Data
poachers beware

Here is a good thread on pre, During, and Postworkout Nutrition..

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=272067
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 20:42   #12
margo

There's the "new" creatine, the CEE, or creatine ethyl ester, it's not supposed to have the side effects of stomach upset and water retention of the monohydrate stuff, and you're supposed to absorb more of it cause it's attached to an ethyl ester group.
margo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:06   #13
ryucasta
IDPA/IPSC Cuban

If memory serves me correctly the body will waste anything over 30 grams of protein per meal. Currently I take Champion Nutritionís Whey Protein Stack after a work out and I'll drink Muscle Milk before and during the work out.

Raul
ryucasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 13:43   #14
Glock13

The best workouts I've ever had in my life were when I was using ephedrine. I could be dead tired from studying and working and it would get me so jacked that I couldn't stand still.
Old 10-21-2005, 14:53   #15
B_Easy

Quote:
Originally posted by Glock13
The best workouts I've ever had in my life were when I was using ephedrine. I could be dead tired from studying and working and it would get me so jacked that I couldn't stand still.
Stimulants are great, but are more for cutting than for bulking up.

If you wanna lose weight, stimulants are the way to go.

If you wanna gain weight, creatine and protein are the only natural supplements that are gonna make a difference. NO2 will make *some* difference, but not much.

Prohormones and steroids are the only supplement I'd invest my money in, if I was looking for significant size and strength gains.

Note: not all steroids have to be injected, and not all oral steroids will destroy your liver.

If you want great strength gains, OK size gains, with minimal side effects, I highly recommend you look into Anavar.

It's 17-alpha-alkylated, so it doesn't exactly make your liver *happy*, but it's prescribed to patients with cirrhosis, and it's the most mild of all oral steroids.

No water retention, very little bloat, minimal size gains, but GREAT strength gains.

You could stack it with Primobolan for an all-oral cycle.