Sniper 7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:55   #22
AggiePhil
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Re: How long?

Quote:
Originally posted by newbirdhunter
How long is this discount in effect?
There is no timeframe on this. It will be going on as long as GLOCK sees fit, probably forever. But hey...don't take my word for it...buy em all now while you can!!!
^5
AggiePhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 05:16   #23
Lycanfire

Very strange dealings at my Glock LE dealer. I called Glock and got the information and where to go. I went yesterday. They claimed they knew nothing about it. I gave them the phone number for Glock and extension number to the right person. What happened after that was strange. I did not get a LE model, but got their LE price. I filled out the paperwork and paid for it and walked out with it all within 30 minutes. No wait period. A LEO came in and purchased a new Glock LE model and was told he had to come back in 3 days to pick it up.

Lasermax will be here in a two days for it. I am also using MagSafe ammo.
Lycanfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 12:08   #24
SLIDER in KY

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you have to pay for it? I'm hearing conflicting reports on the prices.
SLIDER in KY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 06:43   #25
Lycanfire

First I searched around here. One dealer was $569. Another was $589. Both prices were for a Glock 27. I got it for $449 (including tax - it was $414.95 without the tax added) using the phone number and finding a LE dealer. The dealer I used was about 60 miles from where I live, but even with the price of gas, I saved using it.
Old 11-01-2005, 19:44   #26
wot_racing

Quote:
Originally posted by SLIDER in KY
Have to see if I can locate a LE Dealer here in KY.
I am in Southest kentucky, and went to a local gun shop.. we called glock and it indeed is offered, but only to LE supliers as stated above.. Closest to me in SE Kentucky was Keislers in indiana.. 812-284-4867.. you have to ask to talk to vanessa...
wot_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 21:29   #27
gruntmedik
CLM Number 291
Honk Honk

Bluegrass Indoor Shooting Range in Louisville also honors the EMS discount, with the prices published here. I ordered my G35 from them. The only downside is they don't have a large in-store selection. It is where the old Ray's indoor range was. PM me if you need directions.

Last edited by gruntmedik; 11-01-2005 at 21:34..
gruntmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 23:09   #28
SLIDER in KY

How much was the G-35? I'm just southeast of Bowling Green. May be worth the drive!!!
SLIDER in KY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 01:03   #29
emt1581
Curious Member

I took a look at that form and I can't find any part where it specifies Fire/EMS personnel. Since the morons at the local gun shop will most likely give me a hard time about it, what written proof can I offer them that I (as an EMT) am eligible for the discount?

Also, it says that for fixed sights, a G26 would be $398. Is that a definite price or is it whatever the gun shop is selling the pistols for minus $100?

Thanks

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 01:30   #30
AggiePhil
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally posted by emt1581
I took a look at that form and I can't find any part where it specifies Fire/EMS personnel. Since the morons at the local gun shop will most likely give me a hard time about it, what written proof can I offer them that I (as an EMT) am eligible for the discount?
Have you tried it yet? I don't think you'll have a problem, and if you do, have the number to GLOCK in Smyrna with you. They will confirm for the store that this deal is good, if in fact the store is one of the few real GLOCK LE dealers.

Quote:
Originally posted by emt1581
Also, it says that for fixed sights, a G26 would be $398. Is that a definite price or is it whatever the gun shop is selling the pistols for minus $100?
Let's think about this for a minute... $398 means $398. If it were otherwise, they wouldn't put $398.
AggiePhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 01:33   #31
emt1581
Curious Member

Thanks, had to ask. You'd be suprised what kinda crap gun shops have tried to pull on me in the past because of my age. Which is why I always do my homework before making purchases.

Thanks

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 06:33   #32
Lycanfire

I figured I would run into the same thing. I called the dealer first and of course they knew nothing about it. I called Glock back and they told me to tell them to call them and they would explain it to them. I went, they refused, they called, I walked out with a new Glock.

My only question is with this 'deal' do we get the LE model or the civilian model? I was sold and given the civilian model. Cannot complain the price was still great, however I would have like to get the LE model the next time.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:45   #33
IDtheTarget

Quote:
Originally posted by Lycanfire
I figured I would run into the same thing. I called the dealer first and of course they knew nothing about it. I called Glock back and they told me to tell them to call them and they would explain it to them. I went, they refused, they called, I walked out with a new Glock.

My only question is with this 'deal' do we get the LE model or the civilian model? I was sold and given the civilian model. Cannot complain the price was still great, however I would have like to get the LE model the next time.
I'm National Guard, not EMS (any longer, I was NREMT 12 years ago in CA), and I called Glock and my local LEO distributor. We're supposed to get the LEO version, with three magazines and all. If you got the civilian model, it's probably because that's all they had in stock. Me, I'm waiting for the LEO model to come into my local distributor...

I'm looking at $460 for a G19 with Mepro's installed... ^7 ^7 ;3 ;3 ;j ;j

And no, I don't do it for the money either, which is a good thing considering what we get paid! So I have no qualms whatsoever on taking Glock up on their generous offer. I gotta tell you, until recently I was a big Sig fan, but Glock has cemented my allegiance!
IDtheTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 10:34   #34
gruntmedik
CLM Number 291
Honk Honk

Quote:
Originally posted by SLIDER in KY
How much was the G-35? I'm just southeast of Bowling Green. May be worth the drive!!!
G35--with 3 LEO Mags, and 2 extra mags was $545.59 total. G35 alone is $480 + tax. All they need from you is your EMT/EMT-P card or FF ID to make a copy. Like I said, they didn't have much of a selection in stock, so mine was ordered--no big deal, I'm a patient man.;f
Old 11-21-2005, 18:31   #35
MrWithasee
Not playing

Quote:
Originally posted by gruntmedik
G35--with 3 LEO Mags, and 2 extra mags was $545.59 total. G35 alone is $480 + tax. All they need from you is your EMT/EMT-P card or FF ID to make a copy. Like I said, they didn't have much of a selection in stock, so mine was ordered--no big deal, I'm a patient man.;f
How long did it take to get your G35? I recently ordered a G31 from an LEO dealer in Richmond, VA and the very nice woman stated she did not have any idea how long it would take Glock to ship it to her. Thanks
MrWithasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 18:34   #36
MrWithasee
Not playing

Quote:
Originally posted by Lycanfire
Other than the number of mags, what is the difference between the civilian and LEO models?
Old 11-21-2005, 18:36   #37
gruntmedik
CLM Number 291
Honk Honk

I'm still waiting, but like I said, I'm patient. Besides, my focus has been on Deer hunting lately;f
Old 12-02-2005, 14:09   #38
breech

Update for those still interested...

I just got off the phone with Glock's LE sales dept. The "deal" is still going on for Fire/EMS guys. You have to get the gun through Glock's list of 'distributors' and they are aware of the discount. If you need a list of local distributors, give them a call.
I spoke with Amanda Rodriguez at ext. 227.
Lone Star Glockers #021411
1911 Club #021411
breech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 20:00   #39
allanteman

Does anyone know if this discount applies for people who work for EMS companies but are not EMTs, EMT-Ps, etc?? I'm a helicopter pilot for an air ambulance service. I should be able to get the discount, shouldn't I?? If I can't get it, my wife is an ER nurse--would she be able to get it?

Thanks!

Last edited by allanteman; 12-04-2005 at 20:05..
allanteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 15:37   #40
MrWithasee
Not playing

Quote:
Originally posted by allanteman
Does anyone know if this discount applies for people who work for EMS companies but are not EMTs, EMT-Ps, etc?? I'm a helicopter pilot for an air ambulance service. I should be able to get the discount, shouldn't I?? If I can't get it, my wife is an ER nurse--would she be able to get it?

Thanks!
I'm no expert on Glock policies but as it was explained to me, I would say no to both you and your wife. Again I may be wrong. Glock explained to me that it was for firefighters, emt/patamedics, law enforcement, and military tyes only. Please don't take my word for it exclusively, call Glock and they will be more than happy to give you the low down.