Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-18-2005, 22:28   #1
tony4311

I hate people

Stereo, a pair of subs and an amp were stolen while I was at work today. Cowards. It happened in my apt building parking garage. "secure" building that you need a key to get into. Most people (including myself) figure it was someone that lives here and could easily tell when me and my g/f were gone.

Car Forum

Car Forum

Supposed to be subs in there.
Car Forum
tony4311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 22:41   #2
Jaltered
Gir with Glock

Send a message via AIM to Jaltered
I'm sorry. That sucks majorly.

My truck was broken into and robbed twice in three weeks last year...at two different locations! It was the wake up call that got me interested in carrying.

I hope it all works out for you. Make sure you file a police report. At least what was stolen is replaceable. :(
Jaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 09:10   #3
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

I hate thieves with a passion. I think that thieves should be crippled.
Old 08-19-2005, 18:45   #4
tony4311

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaltered
I'm sorry. That sucks majorly.

My truck was broken into and robbed twice in three weeks last year...at two different locations! It was the wake up call that got me interested in carrying.

I hope it all works out for you. Make sure you file a police report. At least what was stolen is replaceable. :(
yeah the police report was in within the hour that I found out. It's definitely swaying me from thinking about carrying to most likely carrying once we get ccw here.

Quote:
Originally posted by fnfalman
couldn't agree more.
Old 08-19-2005, 19:20   #5
RMTactical
CLM Number
www.AR15pro.net

I hate thieves. They are lowlife scum and should have a hand cut off for each offense.

I had two cars stolen from me this year.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Due to inflation, my $.02 no longer matters.
RMTactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 19:45   #6
V8Astro Captain
Dual BHP 9mm

It's bad enuf they have to steal your stuff...they smash everything to pieces in the process.

They say locks are for honest people.

Some people have no soul...
Old 08-19-2005, 20:02   #7
epsylum
Boolit Hoze

I had my stereo system stolen a couple years ago (brand new Poineer head unit, Alpine V12 expert amp, and 2 Alpine ZR-10 subs). I was soooooo pissed. I walked out of my apartment to go to work and saw my trunk popped open. Went and looked, sure as hell... all gone. They got the car next to me too.

I HATE thieves and apartment complexes are FULL of them. I haven't gotten another system because I remember what it was like losing it. Just thinking of the hard work spent to make enough money to afford what I felt was a perfect little system that sounded great.

Right now if someone breaks into my car they better take the whole damn thing or all they are getting is a $50 JVC CD player and a bottle of Aleeve. I plan to keep it that way.

It sucks because I feel I cannot have anything nice, because other people are a**holes.

Worst part was my room mate started taking the face off his CD player every night. He forgot to 1 time about a month and a half later, it got stolen. They were definately casing the place A LOT. I wanted to setup a trap (becasue the cops were like "oh well, it happens here a lot and nothing we can do"). my brother just put a decent sytem in his car, so I wanted to stay up all night an park it just in sight of my back patio and wait, with me, my brother, my room mate, and about as many friends as we all had. But, I don't think the cops would have liked the vigilanteism (and old fashioned ass whoopin that would have followed).

Funny story, my brother was at the house of this girl he was dating. She saw some kid in her car taking her CD's from her patio. My brother got out there really quick and surprised the hell out of him. He said he was like a deer in headlights. The "crap what do I do?" scared. he said he just went up there and popped him right in the chin and about knocked him out cold in one shot. His buddy he was with just started walking away like he didn't know anything was happening (great friend, leave your buddy there to get his ass whooped). My brother basically told the kid if he saw him there again he wouldn't be walking anymore. I bet that kid went home and thought about his life choices.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
epsylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 20:17   #8
tony4311

Quote:
Originally posted by GoreLicks
I hate thieves. They are lowlife scum and should have a hand cut off for each offense.

I had two cars stolen from me this year.
ouch. What cars?
Old 08-19-2005, 20:57   #9
RMTactical
CLM Number
www.AR15pro.net

Quote:
Originally posted by tony4311
ouch. What cars?
I had my dealers license and was selling a few cars here and there part time. I had bought some cars and left them parked at my lot over a weekend and they were gone on Monday morning...

Luckily, I got them both back (a 96 and a 95 Accord). Damages set me back about $1000 though (I could have bought a pretty sweet gun with that money). And they both smelled like malt liquor when I got them back also... :(

I've also been mugged, held up at gunpoint about 7 years ago... I wish I was old enough to carry concealed then (I was 19)...

I hate thieves...

Old 08-20-2005, 20:20   #10
bac1023

Thieves suck. I've been lucky over the years, but did lose one stereo as a teenager.

bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 22:50   #11
V8Astro Captain
Dual BHP 9mm

Quote:
Originally posted by epsylum

Funny story, my brother was at the house of this girl he was dating. She saw some kid in her car taking her CD's from her patio. My brother got out there really quick and surprised the hell out of him. He said he was like a deer in headlights. The "crap what do I do?" scared. he said he just went up there and popped him right in the chin and about knocked him out cold in one shot. His buddy he was with just started walking away like he didn't know anything was happening (great friend, leave your buddy there to get his ass whooped). My brother basically told the kid if he saw him there again he wouldn't be walking anymore. I bet that kid went home and thought about his life choices.
nice...that makes me smile
V8Astro Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 19:43   #12
mrb302
Kick'n Brass

Quote:
Originally posted by fnfalman
+1

I had a truck broken into with a similar list of CD players, amps, etc stolen. Those guys were lucky I wasn't home.
.45ACP SA 1911-A1
.40SW SW Sigma VE
mrb302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 17:22   #13
jspm
the Shepherd

The tough thing is that everyone on this web site has a plan in place for defending their home and property when they are home, but its even more tricky to try to defend your stuff when your not home.
jspm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 22:44   #14
RMTactical
CLM Number
www.AR15pro.net

Quote:
Originally posted by jspm
The tough thing is that everyone on this web site has a plan in place for defending their home and property when they are home, but its even more tricky to try to defend your stuff when your not home.
Well, luckily, your life is probably not in as much danger when a criminal is there and you're not... probably...

Old 08-28-2005, 01:46   #15
tony4311

Quote:
Originally posted by jspm
Yeah no kidding. If I was home the alarm would've paged me and I would've been down there in 30 seconds flat. :(
Old 08-28-2005, 06:44   #16
jspm
the Shepherd

In terms of maintaining life, you're obviously right. However, as an example of what I mean, lets say you maintain your car because you can't afford a new one, so its in really good running shape, but the book value is not so high because the car is a few years old. If it gets stolen, the re-imbursement from insurance, which is based on present car value, will not be enough to replace the vehicle with one of equal reliability or comfort. Say you just replacd the brakes and tires, the insurance company will not add value because you replaced parts with new ones. Hence, a 1990 Ford F-150 with a new transmission is worth more to its owner than its book value. If stolen he cannot replace it an so will incur additional financial hardship. Now Gorelicks, I am sure has a gun safe, but does not keep all his guns inside it-one at least must be out and within reach for defense when he is home. Does he always lock it up when he leaves? Several peole I have known have had their gun collections stolen and re-imbursement is never enough to replace the guns. Besides all the headaches going over serial numbers with police so when the gun turns up you are not responsible and maybe you'll get it back. PS-- On one the thieves drilled right into the safes. They knew they were there for the guns and they knew how to get them-some guys yap too much about how many weapons the have and what they are worth. Hence, protecting you stuff when your not there can be pretty important.
jspm is offline   Reply With Quote