Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-06-2007, 21:26   #26
Wingnut357
Killer Casual

Quote:
Originally posted by burntmypiston
Just got mine. Looks great, but the inner diameter of the rollers is different between the two. Obviously, one has been replaced. When a roller bearing goes bad, does it eat itself or something more important? Who has the best replacement rollers?
The inner diameter of my rollers are also not identical, but I don't think they've been replaced as my CZ has no discernable wear. Anything is possible though. Perhaps the manufacturing tolerances for the internal roller diameter were very loose?
Old 05-31-2007, 08:59   #27
G19Tony
CLM Number 3
Sneet

I just ordered the CZ52 and 9mm barrel from AIM. I hope it comes with directions to put rollers on the new barrel, if it doesn't already come that way.

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of those who threaten it.

"What's the point of living the majority of your life preparing for that last little bit?"

G19Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 20:52   #28
paperairplane

Also, you can use the heel of the magazine as a tool to remove the barrel from the slide. I have one in 9mm. Good trunk gun.
paperairplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 17:38   #29
varmint6

Send a message via Yahoo to varmint6
thanks for the great info.
varmint6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 14:46   #30
trees4

BE CAREFUL when you cock the C-52!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathon View Post
Don't use the decocker and you are fine The saftey doesn't budge if you have a magazine inserted(the dumbest part of the design is the saftey spring and slide stop spring are the same, and that they are held in place by the grips on one side and the magazine on the other).

I've carried mine around cocked and locked(in a holster of my design.. don't trust the Czech one), and it has become my new bunny gun
About 12 years ago I had a CZ-52 that I carried with a replacement 9mmP barrel in it. I used a 1911 Galco holster, and it fit reasonably well. I carried that thing for several months, cocked and locked...
UNTIL:
One day I was getting ready to leave the house, and had already threaded the holster onto my belt. I was preparing to holster the CZ-52 (mine was an original un-refinished gun) and I foolishly used one hand to cock the weapon.
If you're familiar with these guns you know that the hammer spring is quite heavy. With my FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER, I put my thumb on the hammer and whipped the muzzle towards the floor, thus using the energy of the move to help me cock the hammer with the thumb of my right hand. The safety was already on.

BOOOOM!!! I looked around and was shocked to see a hole in the floor about 6 inches from my right toe.

My thumb was still on the hammer, which had NOT FALLEN ON THE FIRING PIN.
The slide had stayed locked, spent cartridge still in place (evidence of the safety on). I am sure of this because my thumb would have been hit and rather mauled by the recoiling slide.
The firing pin block had completely failed, and the inertia of the gun being flung forward had over-ridden the firing-pin spring, causing a hole in my wood floor. Fortunately, there was no basement or people beneath me.

To be fair to the CZ-52, I had put a non-factory barrel in it, and had replaced the firing pin with an aftermarket one that was supposed to be stainless steel, and less likely to break.

I immediately undid these changes and NEVER shot the thing again. I also have never made the same mistake of cocking a hammer that way, although it had never given me problems before. But there's a first time for everything, and that's one I'd rather not repeat. I guess the saying goes "If you've seen it done with a gun on TV, NEVER DO THAT IN REAL LIFE!"
trees4 is offline   Reply With Quote