Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-05-2005, 13:09   #1
spober

1500 plus for dslr

ill be selling my 77 CJ5 soon and i plain on having at least 1500-1800 bucks to buy a new dslr.i can go as high as 2000 but thats the absolut most.
i love the new konica/minolta d7 but i own several thousand dollers of nikkor glass so its between nikon and fuji.the kodac/nikon mount is too pricey.the d70 and d70s are leading contenders the s with the 2 inch lcd display for sure.the big problem is the view finder coverage is 77 percent so it looks like you looking threw a tunnel.the fuji pro 3 really looks like what im after.i wish kodac would update the d-100 soon.
spober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 19:26   #2
Aaron S

There are lots of rumors out about a new D200 that is supposed to replace the D100. There are no official specs or release date or anything yet though. Price is expected to be around $2000. The D70s is supposed to be an excellent camera also. I am waiting to see what the D200 is before I purchase anything.

Aaron
Aaron S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 11:18   #3
T. Harless

I have a D100 w/ the vertical grip/AA battery holder that I use professionally daily. I think it's a great camera. My brother recently bought a D-70 and he loves it. If you've already got all the Nikkor glass, I'd for sure lean in one of those dirrections. I do prefer the D100 just because of the vertical grip and AA battery option. I've printed to 16x24 from Tiff files and they look great.
Old 09-11-2005, 20:42   #4
Espresso

Why do you want a DSLR? Are you shooting film now? If so, what advantages do you see yourself gaining over film? Do you know what sort of workflow you are getting into? Do you feel confident enough with your equiptment to clean your sensor?

I'm not trying to start a film vs digital argument as I use both. But, there is a big difference in workflow.
Big Dawg #967
G21, G19, G26, Colt 1991 Custom Tussey, Colt C.O. Model, Det. Spl, etc.
Espresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 10:59   #5
JHR

Digital Camera Nikon D1X

I just bought a new Nikon D2x. My D1x is now up for sale. This camera is in very good shape, with LOTS of extras. Price will include two batteries, AC Charger, EH-4 ac adapter, Instruction Manuals. This is a professional camera and is built like a tank! The D1x has a much broader compatibility with the entire line of Nikkor lenses. Unlike the D50, D70 or D70s, the D1x has the AI-following pin for compatibility with non-CPU lenses. That means aperture-priority and manual metering are available. Keep your investment in Nikkor glass productive into the digital era.

Unlike the amateur cameras, the top display continuously shows any exposure compensation with an easy to understand bar graph. The viewfinder display shows metering mode. A secondary back display shows additional information: ISO speed, shooting resolution, and White Balance, (the ASA speed can be changed to show remaining frames).

I will be happy to answer any questions.

Jonathan
Old 09-29-2005, 11:06   #6
T. Harless

How much?
Old 09-29-2005, 12:45   #7
JHR

I am asking $1500.00 for this USA Nikon D1x. I have a Nikon SB28DX speedlight flash in mint condition that can be bought for $150.00. Also have a mint condition Sigma lens; 17-35mmD Aspherical, that I will let go for $200.00.

Thanks for asking,

Jonathan
Old 10-04-2005, 18:43   #8
spober

yes the D1X is a better camera in that you have more control over the photographic part.problem with older digital camers ,nikon included, is pixel count.the old D1X donent fair well in todays 5 MP minimum club with 8 and 12 looking to be the new admission.

workflow.i have a drawer full of undeveloped rolls of film.im ready to make the move 100 percent.ill make my photo cameras, dust collectors gladly.

Last edited by spober; 10-04-2005 at 18:45..
spober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 22:47   #9
JHR

Digtal cameras

I just bought my wife a Sony 7.2 megapixel point and shoot, yet the Nikon D1x takes a much better pictures. If you are not going to enlarge your photo above 11 X 19; the D1x is more than adequate, and delivers an outstanding picture. If you e-mail me I will send you a sample photo taken with my D1x. People marketing cameras today know that the average 'Joe or Jane' now understand that more megapixels is good, but knows little else.

The digital workflow requires that one become proficient in Adobe Photoshop CS, or some other image editing program. Yes, one could take their memory card to Wal Mart, but you will not get a quality print.

JHR