Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-06-2005, 12:32   #1
dbrowne1

Iridium Plugs

I've used just about every kind of plug out there, and usually don't notice any performance difference unless the old ones were overdue to be changed.

I just bought some Denso Iridiums though, mostly because (I hope) they will last longer than "regular" electrode plugs, and because platinum plugs do not perform well in forced induction cars.

I doubt they will enhance performance, but hopefully they will maintain performance longer. Anybody have experience with these and want to comment on performance or longevity?
dbrowne1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 20:30   #2
RoninP80

don't try to gap them, it's very easy to pop the plating off. they should come gapped, ready to install, if one is not properly gapped, return it for one that is correct. put a couple drops of synthetic oil and the threads and torque to spec, they should be the last set you'll need to buy.
RoninP80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 08:14   #3
dbrowne1

Quote:
Originally posted by RoninP80
don't try to gap them, it's very easy to pop the plating off. they should come gapped, ready to install, if one is not properly gapped, return it for one that is correct. put a couple drops of synthetic oil and the threads and torque to spec, they should be the last set you'll need to buy.
You can gap them, as long as you don't touch the center electrode while doing so. I carefully checked the gap on mine, and all were "close enough" so I left them alone. Torqued properly, and they seem to run fine. Not really a big difference in smoothness or in the "butt dyno," but my datalogger showed a slight improvement in timing (I dropped one heat range).
dbrowne1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 09:09   #4
thooks

Iridiums is what came in my 2000 Chevy Silverado with 5.3L engine.

Evidently, they have given dood service. 94k miles on them so far and fuel mileage is better than new.

They are $7-8 each, tho.
thooks is offline   Reply With Quote