Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-09-2005, 23:29   #1
J&DMumma

So, what do you carry Ladies???

I'm newly registered but have been an occasional lurker while my husband is logged on.

I carry concealed via fanny pack (Glock 19, 9mm).

I am considering a smaller gun (but really love my glock!) and wondered what other ladies carry.

Mostly - I just want to know what other women are carrying.
Secondly - I'd like suggestions on a gun serious enough to stop a bad guy (No 22 recommendations please) but without too much kick and preferably smaller than my Glock.

Anyone, Anyone...
Old 10-10-2005, 06:38   #2
c-mama

Hello and welcome!

I do not carry yet. Hubby looked into a concealed carry class for me yesterday when we were at the range and will be getting one soon.

I'll be carrying my S&W 65 LS. She's got a 3" barrel and shoots .38 sp and .357 mag. At the range I shoot .38sp and for carry, it will be .357. She fits nice in my hands and not much kick. It's been a while since I've shot hubby's G19 so I can't compare it to that, but I do love my lady. ;3

This is what she looked like before I switched out the grips. The beautiful grips with the finger grooves just are not comfortable for shooting.

Women's Issues

I then purchased Pau Ferro Jerry Miculek Competition Grips by Al Greco at Al's Custom, Inc. that are much better and here is what she looks like now...

Women's Issues

I will be carrying in a purse from Coronado Leather. I know that there are folks out there who discourage purse carry. I would love to carry on my person, but my weight and my dress make it so I would not be able to carry concealed. Maybe one day... But I think that if you are aware that you have a loaded firearm in your purse, you will be careful not to leave it somewhere and keep it on your person at all times. I also plan on making sure that I will be able to get at the gun from within the purse to draw when needed.

Again, welcome. It's a great site with lots of information. When you get a chance, stop by the OAF. #wav

Debbie
c-mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 13:13   #3
J&DMumma

MMMM, it's pretty... Me likeee;3

By the way...
What's OAF?
Old 10-10-2005, 13:47   #4
c-mama

;f The Ox and Alex Forum...

Found here http://glocktalk.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=95
c-mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 23:30   #5
eleanor

Either a Glock 26 or a Glock 17. depends on which purse, where I'm going, etc. If it's just a car gun. I prefer the 17. since it fits my hand better and I find it very easy to shoot.

Eleanor
eleanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 00:09   #6
TechGal
PooDoos

Send a message via AIM to TechGal Send a message via Yahoo to TechGal
I carry a Glock 26. That is my only gun. My next is probably going to be a Glock 19.

I mainly carry on my person, usually inside the waistband. Will sometimes carry in my purse, mainly do that if I am carrying to work.
OAF #1995
TechGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 11:21   #7
SouthernGal
What's Up Dox?

Glock 19.

Glad cold weather is back as it's easier for me to conceal on my person during winter months. I have more trouble concealing when it's blazing hot outside and I have to wear shorts. I'm a petite.
SouthernGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 21:59   #8
Vic303

Dan Wesson 1911 CCO is primary, IWB in a VM-II holster with RAfter S gunleather black sharkskin belt.

Alternate is a Taurus 605 in a Smartcarry holster, or in my Coronado Leather purse (used mostly on doctor visits...)
--Vicky
Don't the sun look angry through the trees?
Don't the trees look like crucified thieves?
Vic303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 10:12   #9
kbstock

I'm a newbie....still waiting for my CWP to be issued...but I have a Glock 26 and really like it. Good stopping power with hollowpoints..and good aim.
Still trying to figure out the best way to conceal. Purse scares me as that could be stolen or left behind. Like the idea of a fanny pack....I have a nice leather one, but I'm guessing there needs to be a holster of something inside? I mean, I cant just stick my Glock in there and go, can I ?
Also, whaddya do when you decide to go somewhere (eg restaruant) that you cant carry...what to do you do with your weapon? Leave it in car? That scares me worse than a possible tresspass charge.
kbstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 17:37   #10
mitchshrader
Deceased

that sure is a pretty ladysmith. (drool). nice to hear the cute grips don't work well, they LOOK right. Nearly bought that one myself.
Old 10-24-2005, 19:24   #11
Mrs.Cicero
Wayward Member

Mostly, an HK USP Compact in 9mm in a Coronado purse, unless the weather is cold enough for a jacket or a very oversized fleece-lined flannel shirt. It prints in anything lighter. I like the purse but i have some issues with purse carry, like the fact that the thing weighs so much it hurts, and also my habit of putting my credit card in my pocket so i can pay at the pump...leaving my purse in the car while i get gas...one of the most likely situations in which i'll actually need the gun, and i don't have it handy. I'm looking at an XD, possibly in .40 or .45... I may go back to fanny pack carry next summer, but i'll need a new pack, cause i've worn out the elastic holster in my old one (hey, it lasted 5 years, not too bad)... it's actually not as easy to draw from as my purse is, but if i'm more likely to keep it on me, then i'll take the trade off.

Mrs.C

And whoever was asking about fanny pack carry...yeah, you need a holster in it, esp if you are carrying a Glock (no ext safety)

"Oh bother," said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Mrs.Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 22:54   #12
QUEENGLOCK

i usually carry my taraus .45acp compact on me. my g22 stays in the glovebox and on my dresser at night. i just got it back from glock. they put a new frame on it with finger groves and put all new internal parts on it. i can't wait to go shoot it. i have a drop barrel that is a 357 sig. that is one sweet caliber.
QUEENGLOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 01:28   #13

I carry a Glock 17 on me everytime that I am on duty, but I have to hand it in at the end of my shift everyday.

If I carried off duty, then it would be a Glock without question.

LC
Old 11-01-2005, 18:31   #14
Wendy

I just finished the training program required by Virginia law, and filed the paperwork for my CCW permit. I will carry a Glock 19- it's my prime shooter, it's reliable, and it isn't too big. I have a Springfield 1911 which shoots wonderfully, but it's a bit too large as a carry weapon. Glocks are just great carry guns, and I'll stick with mine!

Wendy
Wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 05:42   #15
Dandapani

Quote:
Originally posted by Wendy
I just finished the training program required by Virginia law, and filed the paperwork for my CCW permit. I will carry a Glock 19- it's my prime shooter, it's reliable, and it isn't too big. I have a Springfield 1911 which shoots wonderfully, but it's a bit too large as a carry weapon. Glocks are just great carry guns, and I'll stick with mine!
Do you live in Virginia or is this an non-resident permit application? The reason I ask is that you posted over in a T&T about a Texas training class as if you lived there. http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread....50#post5133250
Florida Glockers, Wheelhouse, S&W, Snubbie #940
Dandapani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 10:27   #16
Wendy

I used to live in Texas- I recently moved to Virginia for work reasons. My Virginia permit will be a resident one.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:41   #17
MrsKitty

Where in VA?

I am in NC, close to the state line

PM if you wish
Old 11-02-2005, 12:11   #18
Dandapani

Quote:
I used to live in Texas- I recently moved to Virginia for work reasons. My Virginia permit will be a resident one.
Thanks for answering. ;c ;c ;c
Florida Glockers, Wheelhouse, S&W, Snubbie #940
Dandapani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 17:57   #19
Wendy

Miss Kitty-

I am in Reston, about 25 miles west of DC. I work for a government contractor; I've been with them a while now, but mostly overseas. I am pretty new to Virginia- guess I have been here about three months now.

Wendy
Old 11-03-2005, 08:23   #20
MrsKitty

Quote:
Miss Kitty-

I am in Reston, about 25 miles west of DC. I work for a government contractor; I've been with them a while now, but mostly overseas. I am pretty new to Virginia- guess I have been here about three months now.

Wendy
If you ever get down this way...

Or I ever get up there....

Old 11-05-2005, 15:15   #21
Bogey
CLM Number 242
The Mouth®

Send a message via Yahoo to Bogey

Quote:
Miss Kitty-

Wendy
Wendy, there are several GTers that live in your area.

vr and Mrs. vr are two members here on GT that come to mind.

Come over the the OAF and introduce yourself.;f
Bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 01:12   #22

Quote:
Originally posted by Bogey1155
Wendy, there are several GTers that live in your area.

vr and Mrs. vr are two members here on GT that come to mind.

Come over the the OAF and introduce yourself.;f
thats a big +1 from me on that. I would look up the VR's in a flash if I went to DC area.

LC