Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-10-2005, 22:12   #1
MGE

Help me identify some songs.

I heard some songs that I like and would like some help identifying them. Any help is welcomed.

1. I know it is from Glenn Miller, it appeared in the olympics vollyball comercial as well as the beginning of the movie Red Rose.

2. In the film Collateral by Michael Mann, the song that comes up during the cab ride in the beggining with Jamie Foxx and Jada Plinket Smith. I looked at the credits and found nothing.

3. The title is "Girl,you'll be a women soon", though not the version sung by Urge Overkill, I heard another band sing it.

Any help with information on these songs is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
MGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:09   #2
nickg

pretty hard to help without actually hearing the tunes.

1. i'd probably know the Glenn Miller song if i heard it.

2. i saw the movie but don't remember off hand the song. once again it would help to hear it.

3. the original version of this tune was done by neil diamond, though i know others have covered it.
Old 10-11-2005, 15:32   #3
MGE

Okay, thanks for the help either way. At least I got one solved. I will look into the credits more, as I have access to both movies.

Thanks.
MGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 06:11   #4
Soujurn
Deus Diligo USA

Re: Help me identify some songs.

Quote:
Originally posted by MGE
I heard some songs that I like and would like some help identifying them. Any help is welcomed.

1. I know it is from Glenn Miller, it appeared in the olympics vollyball comercial as well as the beginning of the movie Red Rose.
Go here and click on sound samples to hear snippets of the songs. You might get lucky and hear the one you are looking for.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=music

Quote:
2. In the film Collateral by Michael Mann, the song that comes up during the cab ride in the beggining with Jamie Foxx and Jada Plinket Smith. I looked at the credits and found nothing.
That would be "Hands Of Time" by Groove Armada w/Richie Havens on vocal. Found on their CD, 'Lovebox'.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=music

Quote:
3. The title is "Girl,you'll be a women soon", though not the version sung by Urge Overkill, I heard another band sing it.

Any help with information on these songs is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
"Girl..." has been recorded by several artists, but Urge Overkill's version was in Pulp Fiction and I prefer it to the original by Neil Diamond.
Soujurn is offline   Reply With Quote