SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-21-2005, 10:52   #1
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Test ride report on Brutale 910

I test rode a Brutale 750 about four or five months ago and I came away feeling less than impressed. Rather hohum experience, if you ask me. But this 910 is something else. The down low torque of a V-twin and the quick revving of the I-4. The salesman made a comment to the effect that it is the two-wheels equivalent of a Ferrari and he wasn't BSing.

Riding this rampaging horse is an experience a person needs to undergo. It's raucous. It's rip roaring. It's intense. It's focused.

And the beautiful part is that it's tiny!!! The thing feels like a freakin' moped! I'm barely 5ft6 with short legs and I can flat foot it. SUH-WEEEETTT!!!

The suspension is extremely well sorted. The front brake is linear and the rear brake is good enough to slow the bike down but not locking the rear wheel. The Italians are pretty good about regulating their rear brakes.

The riding experience is visceral and passionate - more so than any Ducati or Aprilia. All you want is to wide open throttle it every time you get one. Even with stock pipe, it still makes a lot of noise, and the cacophony from the engine is like that of a barely contained Formula 1 engine on the verge of ramping on the gas.

The seating position is very comfortable as would be on a standard, naked bike.

So, why didn't I just break out the check book and bought one on the spot? Well, it's not my cup of tea on a few personal preference issues:

1. The handlebar is buzzy as hell!!! I don't know how large of a bar end piece that you would need in order to help tame the buzz.

2. The bike seemingly flickable at low speed, but at high speed, it requires quite a bit of effort. A more experienced sport rider told me that the bike would require a lot of body positioning in order to make it change direction. If that's true then it's kind of suck. Body positioning is great on a race bike, or race replica like the rice burner crotch rockets, but not on a sporty street bike. However, your preference may vary.

3. Definitely needs a slipper clutch. The rear wheel locks up too easily under braking and downshifting.

4. The tiny size seems to be detrimental toward "flickability". It seems that body positioning would be tough on it because it's not natural to hang off or lean over or lean forward to shift your weights around. Either that or it's just my fat ass not being able to do it as easily as on the Rockster or the Tuono.

I think that it's a bike that would be extremely fun for about maybe six months and after that I'd be ready to get rid of it. I can't even categorize it as a mistress. More like a courtesan.

Great bike for somebody, but it's not quite my personal cup of tea.

BUT WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a ride!!!!!!!

My loins stir as I recall the experience.~2 ^5

The MSRP is only around $14,000.

It's definitely classified as a work of art with premium quality of fit and finish. How well it lasts...it's Italian, so you figure it out.