Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-01-2005, 09:46   #1
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

I shouldn't have, but I did - I bought the Brutale 910!!!

I was mulling it over the Thanksgiving vacation and my best friend said it best, "Who cares!!! You ain't keepin' it anyway!!!"

And that's exactly what I'm going to do. I'm going to have a mad, passionate fling with this thing for probably six or so months until the new BMW R1200S comes out or the KTM SuperDuke comes over.

Picked it up yesterday, $15,000 out the door. They wanted $16 and some change but I told them that's all I am paying, and that I'll be spending my service money at their shop too instead of taking it elsewhere.

The ride back home (80-miles) via a quickie run through Glendorra Mountain Ridge Road (one of the better known canyon roads in SoCal) confirmed my previous review: Intense bike that wears you out quickly with the buzziness and the abrupt throttling. Easy to flick at low speed, but at high speed, it requires a lot of body input in order to make directional changes. I commented this effect with a Ducati 999 rider and he said that his bike behaves the same way. Interesting...

I was worn out by the time I get home but WITH THE BIGGEST GRINS EVAH!!!;f

I'd probably lose my ass when I trade it in, but who cares!!! It would be an affair to be remembered.

This bike will probably do the yeoman duty of bike night posing and quick zings around the malls ala Harley-style.

The suspensions are very well damped, but I am not used to having to hang off a bike in order to make it corner well, so my canyon carvers will continue to be the Rockster and the Tuono.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:47   #2
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Another pic.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:54   #3
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Another pic.

Last edited by fnfalman; 12-01-2005 at 10:04..
fnfalman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:04   #4
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Another pic.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:07   #5
mmsig229

You'd better put an end to tour bike buying, or you'll have to add another garage. (Like I'm one to talk), I just winterized three bikes myself a couple of days ago!!!!!
mmsig229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 11:02   #6
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

This is it. Three is company. I think that by next summer, hopefully the new BMW R1200S will be out and I'll be trading in this hot-blooded Italian beauty for a more surefooted Teutonic beauty. I'll retire the Rockster and let my nephew rides it. I think that more than two bikes is a bit much. You will never have enough time to ride them all to make it worthwhile.

I know a guy who owns some really nice hard-to-get bikes (grey market SuperDuke, Cagiva Mito, Benelli TNT, 999R who are strictly garage queens. I will never be like that guy. My toys will be used and used hard.
Old 12-01-2005, 17:27   #7
RugerFan58

Quote:
Originally posted by fnfalman

I know a guy who owns some really nice hard-to-get bikes (grey market SuperDuke, Cagiva Mito, Benelli TNT, 999R who are strictly garage queens.
That Benelli TNT, is that the 3 cylinder one they came out with a few years back? Reason I asked is I used to own a 1976 750-6 SEI. One of the few things in life I regret......selling it.;Q
Old 12-01-2005, 18:07   #8
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

The Tornado came out a couple years back, and yes, it was a three-bangers. The TNT is the naked version of the Tornado, but with much better sorted fuel mapping, more oomph and better sorted suspension.

I saw one in real life (other than the guy mentioned above) and that was it. Before Benelli had the chance to really import their stuff, they went belly up again. Supposedly some ChiCom outfits just bought Benerree.;P
Old 12-01-2005, 18:43   #9
NMGlocker
BOOM headshot

You will NOT trade that Brutale 910 in.
I will buy it from you. I'm serious.
When you are ready to sell, PM or email me, we can make a deal.
I'm going to pick the wifes bike up tomorrow, the new parallel twin '06 Kawasaki Ninja 650R. Looks like a GREAT first bike for her, enough power to cruise at 75mph all day, but not enough to put her in the bushes if she make a small mistake.

Last edited by NMGlocker; 12-01-2005 at 18:48..
NMGlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 18:48   #10
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

NM,

Why would you want to buy a used MV? That's like asking for trouble. I would never buy any pasta burner used. Not unless it's like some sort of classic model.

PS Congrats on the wife's bike. Take that stupid fairing off and let the bike reveals itself. It has a nifty chassis design and good color coordination to be a really nice naked bike. The European model looks fantastic without the stupid fairing.
Old 12-01-2005, 18:50   #11
NMGlocker
BOOM headshot

I know that you'll hit all the service intervals, and it'll be ridden hard but maintained well.
A used spaghetti burner is about as reliable as a new spaghetti burner (for a lot less cash).
My brother just picked up a nice Ducati ST3 with 7500 on the clock (the original owner choked when he saw the first valve adjustment costs), sweet bike.

Last edited by NMGlocker; 12-01-2005 at 22:05..
NMGlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 19:42   #12
RugerFan58

Quote:
Originally posted by fnfalman
The Tornado came out a couple years back, and yes, it was a three-bangers. The TNT is the naked version of the Tornado, but with much better sorted fuel mapping, more oomph and better sorted suspension.

I saw one in real life (other than the guy mentioned above) and that was it. Before Benelli had the chance to really import their stuff, they went belly up again. Supposedly some ChiCom outfits just bought Benerree.;P
Thanks for the info. Sounds like a bike I'd like to own.^c
Old 12-01-2005, 22:02   #13
FoxMustang
We Deal in Lead

That's a sexy bike ^c

Quote:
Originally posted by NMGlocker
I'm going to pick the wifes bike up tomorrow, the new parallel twin '06 Kawasaki Ninja 650R.
You must post a review, I'm considering one as a first bike myself sometime next year
FoxMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 12:44   #14
BikerRN

Send a message via AIM to BikerRN
Congrats on the new scoot. I really like the look of her. What is her name? You can't have an Italian beauty like her with no name.

Again, CONGRATS and nice PICS.
BikerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 16:53   #15
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

BikerRn, you read my mind. I've already named this one "Sophia"! She's luscious and bodacious like a certain Italian femme;3