Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-07-2005, 21:16   #1
paltik45

LAPD got problems with GLOCKS?

Sorry for the late posting guys I got computer virus problems. But anyway we spent the thanksgiving dinner in my sis in-law in Los Angeles. On our return flight to Kansas City I happened to glance on the Los Angeles Times of the lady beside me. The heading says "LAPD to re-evaluate issued glock pistols". The report said that there is an increasing report of "misfire" of glock pistols in all LAPD shooting ranges(I think they have 3 ranges). So far the report said that none of this problem had occured on an actual gunfight(Thank God) To make the story short the top brass of LAPD has suspended the issuance of Glock pistols untill further evaluation has concluded. Any update on this issue manong Jerry? This story was printed in LA times on Nov.26, 2005.

P.S. I wasnt able to read the full story because its not my paper ;g

"I believe in the POWER of reason but not the use of POWER as a reason."
paltik45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 21:38   #2
paltiq

truth

malamang totoo nga... http://www.packing.org/community/general/listview/5458/

Last edited by paltiq; 12-07-2005 at 21:44..
paltiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 21:58   #3
paltik45

Thanks for the link Kabayang Paltiq Iyan nga yung istoryang nasilip ko sa kasabay kong pasahero.

"I believe in the POWER of reason but not the use of POWER as a reason."
paltik45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 23:23   #4
Alexii
Janeway Forever

I think some of the issued Glock pistols are experiencing light primer hits hence causing misfires.

BOG #13
Alexii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 00:28   #5
isuzu

I read a gun magazine a couple of years ago (I couldn't recall the name, though) regarding a "hush hush" incident involving G19s of the NYPD. It somehow leaked, anyway.

According to the magazine, Glock sent a mobile gun shop on board an 18-wheeler to fix the G19s issued to the NYPD. It said among the problems were failure to feed, failure to ignite the primer and cracked breechfaces.

That is why Springfield XDs (HS 2000) have thicker breechfaces compared to Glocks.

Last edited by isuzu; 12-09-2005 at 18:30..
isuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 22:56   #6
jlkwison
custom

Send a message via AIM to jlkwison Send a message via Yahoo to jlkwison
Ty God

Thank God my g19 has worked without jams or misfires til now. I know that 500 rounds is not much, but am thankful anyways. I agree with Sir Alexii, it could be due to light primer strikes.
Old 12-08-2005, 23:14   #7
darwin25
Make your move

second suspect is limp-wristing. Polymer guns can be senstive to proper shooting stance and hold unlike all-metal guns. Will shoot the first round but will not properly feed the next round resulting to light primer strikes.

Last edited by darwin25; 12-08-2005 at 23:19..
darwin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 11:34   #8
jerrytrini

Glock 21 is the only model with issues. However, Glock Armorers from Austria are now on board to solve the problems.

I carry G17 and SW 4566 on duty and SW642 for backup.
jerrytrini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 04:40   #9
theTactician

I think, correct me if im wrong, the LAPD SWAT are using "Kimber" as their handgun pistol. I think they used to have a problem with glocks nga yata.
Well, for me, glocks are the best.
Old 12-10-2005, 17:48   #10
jerrytrini

LAPD SWAT has the option to carry Kimbers, Glocks or SW.
Old 12-11-2005, 14:36   #11
theTactician

Quote:
Originally posted by jerrytrini
LAPD SWAT has the option to carry Kimbers, Glocks or SW.
well thats good if they have the option to carry whatever pistol they want. sir, bakit di nila napili ang heckler and koch as an option din?
Old 12-11-2005, 21:52   #12
jerrytrini

No, we cannot carry whatever we want. A stringent testing process is applied to every pistol that we have to carry in uniform or in plainclothes. Long Beach PD I believe has issued Para Ord in different calibers. Pensacola PD swears by its HK P7s, Corpus Christi lets you carry anything that you can qualify with etc etc.

According to the powers that be, we are only allowed to carry SW in specified models, Glocks in 9mm, 45 and 40s, Berettas in specific models and calibers nothing else. Our Firearms Unit have tested various pistols and I am sure it has tested HKs, Sigs etc. So far these three manufactures have met the LAPD standards.
I have shot dozens of pistols available in the free world in different calibers,variations, configurations etc. So far, the Glock 17 has my vote for the best semi-auto. But then again, this is my opinion.
Old 12-11-2005, 22:17   #13
darwin25
Make your move

Quote:
Originally posted by jerrytrini
No, we cannot carry whatever we want. A stringent testing process is applied to every pistol that we have to carry in uniform or in plainclothes. Long Beach PD I believe has issued Para Ord in different calibers. Pensacola PD swears by its HK P7s, Corpus Christi lets you carry anything that you can qualify with etc etc.

According to the powers that be, we are only allowed to carry SW in specified models, Glocks in 9mm, 45 and 40s, Berettas in specific models and calibers nothing else. Our Firearms Unit have tested various pistols and I am sure it has tested HKs, Sigs etc. So far these three manufactures have met the LAPD standards.
I have shot dozens of pistols available in the free world in different calibers,variations, configurations etc. So far, the Glock 17 has my vote for the best semi-auto. But then again, this is my opinion.
Sir Jerry,

What about the S&W 4566? Now that I have enough cheap (but reliable) guns to tide me through in case I'll be in trouble, I think its now time for me to go for high end guns and the 4566 is on my list. Any feedback?
darwin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 22:19   #14
jerrytrini

I have the 4566 as my primary. My supervisors carry this model as well.