SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-11-2005, 15:01   #1
Toby1006Glock

Send a message via Yahoo to Toby1006Glock
My Oakley...My Rant.

EDITING MY RANT. THANK YOU TO ALL WHO GAVE ME A PAT ON THE BACK AND CHEERING ME UP. IT IS A RELIEF HEARING FROM BOGS SINCE I WAS GETTING ONLY KNOCKS ON THE HEAD FROM MY WIFE FOR BUYING THE ITEM.

I bought an Oakley M Frame from a guy named Hanz Young thru a forum in a local motoring website. The guy posted the item December 5 and in his words “Oakley M frame black iridium no scratch good cond. w/ pouch 3T “. Since I cant drive from Subic to Manila to inspect the merchandise, I took his word and assurances that the item was a genuine Oakley and was in good condition. He said he used it sparingly since he had an Oakley Racing Jacket. Furthermore, going to Manila just to inspect it would make buying it more expensive – gas, toll fees plus time. So I paid him P3,000 via G-Cash and he sent the Oakley the next day via a courier. The moment I opened the package, I knew I got screwed. I had a genuine Oakley M Frame but the lens had scratches and minus the pouch as posted. The worst part was when I was about to shoot the 4th stage / long course (27 rounds) in our Christmas clubshoot, the left ear piece fell after I adjusted the Oakley. The swivel/hinge broke due to the fact that the plastic was already brittle. Closer inspection showed that there is another hairline crack on the swivel/hinge on the right ear and I’m sure sooner or later, this will break. I tried calling the guy who sold it to me but he wont answer my calls. I texted him and told him that the Oakley he sold had defects and problems. He replied saying he sold me a perfectly good condition item and that the scratches are negligible. I could live with the scratches since it doesn’t affect my vision but hey, he said in his post NO SCRATCH. Still he wont answer my question how old is the Oakley to explain the hairline cracks and the brittleness of the hinge/swivel part. I got the Oakley M Frame December 10 at 9:00am via courier, the left ear piece broke 1:00 pm. I bought an Oakley M Frame Sweep Lens, ended with an Oak-cry I- Am-To-Blame Weep Lens. I know I did not buy a brand new merchandise and should have taken precautions but a seller should also be honest to admit defects and problems and be ready to re-negotiate or at least talk.

Just to warn BOGS if you ever encounter this Hanz Young. Im not even sure if that is really his name but I can PM you seller's personal details, phone, address, etc if you want.

P.S.

If any consolation to this fiasco, I ended as 1st runner-up in the production division, next to our clubshoot guest and PD champion Leo Mangubat (this guy shoots fast and mabait pa). God is really good!

If you think I shouldnt post names, please tell me so I could edit my post. God bless you all and Happy Holidays!
BOG #1006
Glock 17
Part time shooter, full-time husband, father and dedicated public servant...

Last edited by Toby1006Glock; 12-12-2005 at 22:09..
Toby1006Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 15:10   #2
Toby1006Glock

Photo of hairline crack right ear piece... Hay buhay!;g
BOG #1006
Glock 17

Last edited by Toby1006Glock; 12-11-2005 at 15:14..
Old 12-11-2005, 15:19   #3
Toby1006Glock

Photo of the Oakley M Frame...
BOG #1006
Glock 17
Old 12-11-2005, 16:08   #4
PMMA97
MNSAmessdetail

I'm sorry to hear about that incident. Some people are just plain bastard sons of *****es. Lying to their teeth just to make money.

I'm sorry for not going to the clubshoot too. I was on duty the whole day and I had signal problems at San Narciso.

Congrats on your 1st runner up standing, even with a dilapidated Oakley, truly the Lord works in mysterious ways.
PMMA97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 16:59   #5
isuzu

Try filing a case against him. With a court order, Globe can and will be obliged to provide personal information to the court, and you'll be able to identify the person. Your transaction was recorded on your cell phone's billing anyway.

He'll get more for what he bargained for.
isuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 17:25   #6
3kings
SalingPusa

whew what an experience.

just imagine if that didnt break, chances are you bagged the championship.

nevertheless, congratulations bro for winning the 1st runner up! you are still a champ! remember you are competing while under pressure. siguro yung iniisip mong target e yung pinagkunan mo. j/k lang.

why not make a negative feedback dun sa forum nila. or on the otherhand damage may be due to shipping because you said there is no pouch included.
PinoyGuns.com
Pinoy-anglers.com
3kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 19:18   #7
Benj

Sir Toby, you have PM
Benj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 19:39   #8
darwin25
Make your move

I think every forum should ban every member who does not deal with their fellow forumers in good faith. Send the forum moderators a PM and inform them of a delinquent member.
darwin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 20:53   #9
jasonub

try to bring it to the distributor of oakley here. In my case, Rudy Project replaced my frame for free
jasonub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 21:06   #10
batangueno
Shock Resist

Like what 3kings said, post your complaint in autoindustriya as well. BOG member din yata yung owner/moderator doon.
batangueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 21:07   #11
batangueno
Shock Resist

Congrats nga pla. ^c
batangueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 22:02   #12
jerrytrini

It is a good idea to warn others in this forum about the improper behaviour of some posters and please include their names and other personal info.
jerrytrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 22:05   #13
Benj

Good day, I am the owner of autoindustriya.com. Our 4sale section is different from our message forum, so not all those who post in the 4sale are actually members of the forum. But I will take steps to ensure that this person will not be able to sell again. I am already coordinating with sir Toby for that, I just need some details as per company policy
Benj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 23:58   #14
toxic

You really got screwed there BIGGG time, The downside buying second hand stuff are:The owner want to get rid of it coz it may or may not has/have some defects and over its warranty period , . The positive side is its Cheap.

I would'nt buy a second hand stuff from anyone i havent seen or meet not unless some one i know can guaranty that the guy/gal im buying the stuff can be trusted like "BOG's Guys".

There's a moral lesson behind your ordeal. Dont do it again and do a backgroud check first if i may put it and put everything in paper para pag may bulilyaso pwedeng habulin. But it doesnt work all the time CAP for example(Those Mother F's)

But hey you got the 1st runner up right consolation for the broken Oakley. Hmm maybe ill try to break my rayban baka magkatrophy na ko.;f

seriously: Benj will surely help you on your case..hamunin mo ng barilan at ng matauhan.

Last edited by toxic; 12-12-2005 at 00:02..
toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 00:15   #15
Eye Cutter

Brother Bogs: this thread is illegal under GT's rules and guidelines, please edit and/or delete your posts. We don't want another reprimand from the owner, Eric!

Salamat!
Old 12-12-2005, 01:09   #16
Toby1006Glock

Quote:
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
Brother Bogs: this thread is illegal under GT's rules and guidelines, please edit and/or delete your posts. We don't want another reprimand from the owner, Eric!

Salamat!
Sir, I edited my post so as not to offend Eric who has been kind to us BOGS. Please advise me other items I should edit.

Benj, I have nothing but great experience and good buys with your site. As I told you over the phone, I was able to buy 7 pcs. of almost brand new 20 footer Monster Cable ZR1 speaker cables for only P5,000 (SRP P21,000). Great buy di ba? Thank you for assistance.

Again, thank you so much to all for the support.

P.S.

Broken Oakley or not, maybe even a brand new Wiley X PT1 or Rudy Project shooting glasses, I would not imagine myself beating Leo Mangubat. Maybe if I would pratice a lot and consume 5,000-10,000 rounds in practice, baka sa panaginip matalo ko siya.

God bless you all!
BOG #1006
Glock 17
Old 12-12-2005, 01:29   #17
mc_oliver

Quote:
Originally posted by Toby1006Glock
As I told you over the phone, I was able to buy 7 pcs. of almost brand new 20 footer Monster Cable ZR1 speaker cables for only P5,000 (SRP P21,000). Great buy di ba? Thank you for assistance.
Wow! I think I need to lurk there more often. Lalo na now na umuubo-ubo na phoenix gold ko na amp.

Btw, dre OT ng konti. Ever tried the twisted pair cables that's normally used for networking? My friend tried it and swears he hears the same compared to the higher-priced cables. Yun din lang ang nagpatangaal nung engine whine nya na matagal na niyang problema.
me :) ***
mc_oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 02:04   #18
Toby1006Glock

Quote:
Originally posted by mc_oliver
Wow! I think I need to lurk there more often. Lalo na now na umuubo-ubo na phoenix gold ko na amp.

Btw, dre OT ng konti. Ever tried the twisted pair cables that's normally used for networking? My friend tried it and swears he hears the same compared to the higher-priced cables. Yun din lang ang nagpatangaal nung engine whine nya na matagal na niyang problema.
Kaya nga confident ako bumili sa autoindustriya.com kasi I had great deals all the while (my luck ran out with this Oakley). I was lucky bagging the Monster Cable speaker wires, it was sold by an Australian who found the cables rigid and too thick to hide under carpets. I even bought from him a Sony Pro DJ headphone for only P750. The SRP I discovered later was P8,000 yata. Also a Logitech Wingman joystick with force feedback for only 1,000 if I remember it right.

The Monster Cable jackpot started my interest in setting up a home theatre system for my daughter. Wala pa ako speakers, AV receiver, subwoofer then pero meron na ako speaker cables. Hehehe. I have now an HK AVR230, B&W 601S3 Sorrento front, B&W LCR60 S3 center, Tannoy Mercury M2 rear, Velodyne VX-10SE sub at 400+ na "boss dvd,dvd" copies. Sir, I havent tried experimenting with other cables baka madisgrasya yung speakers. Saka magastos ang HT lalo na tube amps.

God bless!
BOG #1006
Glock 17

Last edited by Toby1006Glock; 12-12-2005 at 22:13..
Old 12-12-2005, 19:16   #19
vega

You really got screwed there, and congrats on your shooting. I think you should provide the details of the person who screwed you. The mods here are very helpful when it comes to scam.

vega
BOG #005
vega is offline   Reply With Quote