Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-16-2005, 01:15   #1
cznayr
Dis-member

Send a message via Yahoo to cznayr
Medallion series of Armscor

DO you guys have any bad/good experience with their medallion series. They say it's worth it and less upgrades are necessary.

Any reviews? All I've read is a review from a U.S. gun magazine and rated it pretty muck ok. The reviewer said that this gun is for competition with a 3.5 lb. trigger. Siyempre, I want to know the opinions of fellow pinoys.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:23   #2
Vault Keeper

I tried shooting one years back, believe it or not, its comparable to the Colt GC! Its so pleasant to shoot!

For me, thats one pistol Armscor (and us Filipinos) should be proud of!

BoGs #828
M1911.org #183
Vault Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 03:09   #3
New_comer

The Medallion's design is very attractive. Particularly the one with the deep blued finish which I really liked.

Unfortunately, it costs just as much as a Peters Stahl hicap, which was what I bought instead. (Umiral yung colonial mentality ko e, though 'Ze Germans' were not PI colonizer...)

New_comer
BoG's #38
H&K Club #38

"We like to talk about (or be told about) Democracy but, when put to the test, usually find it to be an 'inconvenience.' We have opted instead for an authoritarian system *disguised* as a Democracy. We pay through the nose for an enormous joke-of-a-government, let it push us around, and then wonder how all those *******s got in there."
- Frank Zappa
New_comer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 04:06   #4
cznayr
Dis-member

I was considering it as a replacement for my CZ75B .40S&W ( though the gun is still with me).

Thanks for the info guys.

New comer, would you recommend the Peters Stahl? With the review in the US and Sir Vault's Im considering to purchase it unless convinced otherwise.

Old 12-16-2005, 08:37   #5
New_comer

Quote:
Originally posted by cznayr

New comer, would you recommend the Peters Stahl? With the review in the US and Sir Vault's Im considering to purchase it unless convinced otherwise.

I'm still ambivalent as to the Stahl's performance. Some days it can turn on a dime; others I can't seem to hit a tractor from 10 ft out.

This I know: it prefers lighter bullets. So for competition I use 210 gr which hits an inch to 1-1/2" below POA at 20 yds. It hits way too low with 230 gr FMJ's (7-8"). Though for all its quirks, I feel good holding it; it's well balanced, a bit front heavy given that the dust cover was made thicker to align with the slide's width. It has a polygonal barrel, with the slide's notch tempered to resist impact wear against the slidestop. And I've never experienced a FTF / FTE with it for probably 1000 rds thru it.

Never been to a gunsmith with it, so I guess that's what needs to be done to fine tune its performance, as all 1911's need to have: TLC.

New_comer
BoG's #38
H&K Club #38

"We like to talk about (or be told about) Democracy but, when put to the test, usually find it to be an 'inconvenience.' We have opted instead for an authoritarian system *disguised* as a Democracy. We pay through the nose for an enormous joke-of-a-government, let it push us around, and then wonder how all those *******s got in there."
- Frank Zappa
New_comer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 09:23   #6
antediluvianist

An Armscor guy once tried to sell me a Medallion. Well, they sure look good. I asked him if they were any different INSIDE than the less expensive Armscor models - any better-quality parts? handfitting? factory-smithing? etc. I didn't get a definite reply on that.

Does anybody know ?

And yes, they are rather expensive.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:04   #7
lagriffe

I've personally been inside the room where the medallions are made. Each unit is taken apart, sanded, honed, and either polished or chromed. A fine fit with exceptional smoothness is what you get with the final product. The choice of blue, chrome and the serrations are purely cosmetic preferences. Trigger pull is light and very smooth, couldnt say its weight was though. I have a friend that owned several colt 1911's. He kept those for show and tell but actually prefered his medallion with him for daily carry.
lagriffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 18:10   #8
kcboy
CHEEPUCK.COM

how much are the medallions? am thinking of getting a 45...dba mura lang ang armscor?
kcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 18:38   #9
cznayr
Dis-member

i just phoned a friend from armscor, he said that range of prices is 30K to 75K.. 75K is for the hicap series for .40 and .45.

The internals are diiferent from the standard and he said he could give me a detailed list of the parts. I like the chrome with pachmayr grips.

They will be giving 10-15% dicount on the upcoming gunshow.

For 75K i could have a high end pistol. hmmmm.

I'll post the parts as soon as I obtain the list. Since he is also my kumpare he told me not to buy If they're not offering up to 20% discount. He sail he would give me one. Not bad. They just have to convince me if the price is justified. So far the review have been amazing.
Old 12-17-2005, 21:55   #10
MELBU
Ann2Tero

Whoa thats expensive!

When i was a newbie in pistol shooting i used to own 2 Armscor
made pistols, one is the hicap .45 and the other an Armscor made
Charles Daly single stack. This is what a noticed in both guns, after
1,500 rnds fired in the armscor hi-cap the slide needs to be re-fitted
worse is the charles daly stainless, the slide rattles after only
1,000 rnds. The barrel link of my Armscor hi-cap broke in just 600 rnds.

I donated my armscor to my friend's farm in batangas and i sold my
charles daly to my pistol newbie uncle.

For 75k, I'd buy a Para or Colt.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by MELBU; 12-17-2005 at 22:19..
MELBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 02:26   #11
nrmcolt
What?

---

Quote:
For 75k, I'd buy a Para or Colt.
+1

;c
nrmcolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 15:58   #12
isuzu

Quote:
Originally posted by MELBU
When i was a newbie in pistol shooting i used to own 2 Armscor
made pistols, one is the hicap .45 and the other an Armscor made
Charles Daly single stack. This is what a noticed in both guns, after
1,500 rnds fired in the armscor hi-cap the slide needs to be re-fitted
worse is the charles daly stainless, the slide rattles after only
1,000 rnds. The barrel link of my Armscor hi-cap broke in just 600 rnds.
Hi!

What was the load rating of your recoil springs and mainsprings of both pistols when they started to rattle? That's quite an accelerated wear on your pistols.
isuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 19:05   #13
cznayr
Dis-member

Actually, if the internals are made of quality stuff, might go with it.. parang standard na pinacustomized na.. wala nang hussle.. primary consideration on the barrel used..

Pero mukhang okay yung stahl ;f
Old 12-18-2005, 19:30   #14
9MX
Rei!

Quote:
Originally posted by cznayr
Actually, if the internals are made of quality stuff, might go with it.. parang standard na pinacustomized na.. wala nang hussle.. primary consideration on the barrel used..

Pero mukhang okay yung stahl ;f
naku, stay away from the stahl, ask eye cutter about it. if i'm not mistaken, alahero owned one once and sold it immediately due to poor performance
Old 12-18-2005, 19:40   #15
jasonub

Quote:
Originally posted by isuzu
Hi!

What was the load rating of your recoil springs and mainsprings of both pistols when they started to rattle? That's quite an accelerated wear on your pistols.
Cry once, get an svi or sti.

Recoil spring 12.5 ibs ismi
main spring 15 pounds ismi
round count 25,980
sign of wear: none execept for the owner;f

Last edited by jasonub; 12-18-2005 at 19:45..
jasonub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 19:59   #16
isuzu

Quote:
Originally posted by jasonub
Cry once, get an svi or sti.

Recoil spring 12.5 ibs ismi
main spring 15 pounds ismi
round count 25,980
sign of wear: none execept for the owner;f
I disagree on the signs of wear.;f
isuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 21:20   #17
MELBU
Ann2Tero

Quote:
Originally posted by isuzu
Hi!

Stock Armscor spring and parts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 12-18-2005, 21:39   #18
MELBU
Ann2Tero

Heres a pic of my Rattling Charles Daly from Armscor

Band of Glockers

Im looking for my armscor hicap pic pa il post it as soon as i get it.

Anyway no offense to Armscor bros, im just posting based on expercience.

melbu

Old 12-18-2005, 21:42   #19
MELBU
Ann2Tero

Pic of me firing that darn rattling Armscor CD gun.

Band of Glockers

Old 12-18-2005, 22:06   #20
jlkwison
custom

Send a message via AIM to jlkwison Send a message via Yahoo to jlkwison
GC vs Medallion

I had a medallion and a Gold Cup (GC) trophy and in my experience is as follows:

1. When it comes to accuracy, their both accurate out of the box.

2. The medallion did not JAM even in the break in period. The GC on the otherhand requires a break in since somtimes the bullet won't go in the chamber when you cock it, although the one who bought my GC told me that he fired 300 rounds through it without malfunction.

3. When it comes to the looks department, the Medallion's blue finish is not as beautiful as the GC's, infact it won't even come close to the GC's finish (I'm speaking of my ex-medallion only...others might be better). The same is true with the overall build quality.

4. In the trigger department...this is where I can definitely say that the GC leaves MY EX-MEDALLION in the dust. Compared TO MY EX-MEDALLION, it is very smooth and crisp. The Medallion on the other hand has the "MAYBE IT'L FIRE MAYBE IT WON'T" kind of trigger pull...inshort has creep and not consistent (again, I'm speaking of my ex-medallion). The guys at ex-Northstar even told me that it needed a trigger job so you can imagine how frustrated I was since I expected it to have a very nice trigger as i've come to expect from a supposedly top grade armscor model.

5. The safety of the GC operates on and off solidly while my ex-medallion's thumb safety seems to easily be toggled and is to my opinion slopy.

Conclusion

I liked the medallion's accuracy and reliability (but hey...are'nt run of the mill armscor are like that also!?) but they have to improve on the trigger pull and the looks department (referring again to my ex-medallion). I bought it for 30t and ended up selling it for 11t. In addition, I bought it brand new and was said to have been built recently at the time of purchase but already had rust in it even if it was soaking in oil. The magazines are also...sorry...to be honest...mediocre...since the base plate assembly is so flimpsy I had to check every 20 rounds to see it's about to go. Hopefully, my ex-medallion was a lemon or a prototype. I do not want one bad fruit to ruin the rest.

I liked the GC in all aspects except for the rear sight pin which was a little misaligned (factory deffect, one of the reasons for selling plus the fact that I needed the money). It really out did the my ex-medallion by 100 miles in the looks and trigger area.I want to take note also that the bushing of the GC is really fitted tight to improve accuracy and based on the sample target which it comes with, it is capable of more accuracy than I'm capable of. Lastly, my GC sold for 75t and did not have a hard time selling it. Actually, someone wanted to get it for 95t but the person with the 75t was the first guy I talked to so I had to honor that.

PS

I pointed out to him the misligned rear sight pin...but he did not mind and still payed 75t.

Bottomline

I almost got what I payed for in the Colt GC. Almost (95%) since I can't believe that the rear sight pin was misalinged...I don't know if it was done purposely.

With my ex-medallion...probably I can say I got 50% of my money's worth.

But with regards to my g19...I got every bit of my money's worth hex2

NOTE:

Please note that what I wrote are my OPINION ONLY due to my experiences with both guns.

Last edited by jlkwison; 12-19-2005 at 08:21..
jlkwison is offline   Reply With Quote