SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-20-2005, 01:54   #1
illuminate100
CTR

Modded Xbox Questions

Hey, I just sent my non modded Xbox to Iraq so my poor, bored buddy has something to do. My problem is that I borrowed my buddies, buddies Xbox which has an Xecuter 2 chip in it. I want to get on XBL for some Halo 2, but it won't connect. What can i do? I really just want to be able to disable the mod so it behaves like a regular, non-modded Xbox. I've tried holding down the power swtich when I turn it on, etc. I can't find any clear info on the net.

When I boot it up there's a RED Xbox logo and it says Xecuter 2 at the bottom. Let me know if you need more info. Thanks a million!

-DT
Old 12-20-2005, 06:45   #2
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Re: Modded Xbox Questions

Quote:
Originally posted by illuminate100
Hey, I just sent my non modded Xbox to Iraq so my poor, bored buddy has something to do. My problem is that I borrowed my buddies, buddies Xbox which has an Xecuter 2 chip in it. I want to get on XBL for some Halo 2, but it won't connect. What can i do? I really just want to be able to disable the mod so it behaves like a regular, non-modded Xbox. I've tried holding down the power swtich when I turn it on, etc. I can't find any clear info on the net.

When I boot it up there's a RED Xbox logo and it says Xecuter 2 at the bottom. Let me know if you need more info. Thanks a million!

-DT
1. Call/Email your friend and ask him. 2. Try searching Google with the name of the mod, you might find something. 3. Ask in the Players forum, one of them might know.

Thats all I can suggest

IGF
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 09:08   #3
epsylum
Boolit Hoze

I don't know about that one, but I do know that XBL can sense a mod chip and will ban that system from ever connecting to the network. Most of the newer ones have an on/off switch so you can disable it to avoid this when going online.

Problem is, one connection with it on and that system is no longer allowed online. That might be your issue, a banned system. Also the fact that a lot of games try to connect as soon as it starts, could make many people forget and slip up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
epsylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 14:43   #4
illuminate100
CTR

Thanks guys...I thought of all of those things already, and it's funny because normally I kind find the answer to almost any question with google, but unfortunately this one proved to be too tough. First of all, I don't know the detials of this BIOS, the mod chip, etc. because I am simply not into that. The original owner is out of the country, so I can't call him and his bro-in-law (the one that let me borrow the system) has NO clue. There's no on or off switch either. Perhaps the system is already banned, but I don't think so. Anyway, oh well, I can live w/out XBL until I get the 360 I suppose.

Thanks again,
Dan
Old 12-20-2005, 14:56   #5
Washington,D.C.

Full News Story: A new product named Xtender solves the problem of Xbox modders getting banned from Xbox Live by allowing the Xbox to use up to three hard drives, including the original.

There are currently three reasons that people think they are being banned from Xbox Live with modchips and upgraded Hard Drives:

1. The Marriage Theory: When you go on XBL with an Xbox MS marries your EEPROM to your HD serial in their database.

2. LPC scan: checks to see if you have a modchip installed.

3. HD contents check: checks to see if you have any illegal code on your C: and E: partions of your Xbox...

The people at Xtender tested each theory, and the marriage theory resulted in banning each time. Their conclusion was that the only real way to not get banned is by using an original Xbox hard drive, and not having a modchip enabled. Until now, this was a problem.

The Xtender allows you to install 3 hard drives. Because Microsoft is checking for original hard drives over XBL, it makes sense to keep the original, and expand on top of it.

Using the xtender will allow you to switch hard drives on the fly with little fear of getting banned. The only way you could get banned with the xtender is if you fail to shut off the chip AND your bios do not support Xbox live blocking...

The time has come to take action now before you get banned. Changing EPROMís and getting a new original hard drive can prove difficult. Check out the Xtender at Divineo where you can buy it for $59.00 US.
Washington,D.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 15:05   #6
illuminate100
CTR

MMM...interesting. This kind of brings up the debate of whether or not modding one's Xbox is an unethical thing. I honestly don't care that people mod their machines and steal games by downloading them. I mean, I do feel bad for some of the smaller developers who put out good product and then don't see as much of a return on their work since this just allows the bigger developers like EA to churn out crap for the proleteriat to buy, most of whom are too stupid or apatheitc to mod their machine.

My big complaint are people who go online and into competetive games and cheat. Halo 2 is a really fun game, but get to be a 32 in rank in Slayer and watch the cheating begin. What's the fun of online gaming if one side is sure to win?

With all that said, I think the cool thing about modding one's Xbox is to get the real potential of the hardware working and by that I mean that the Xbox can become like a PC (games, store files/music/pics) but they crippled it. Plus, how cool is it to play all the old school NES, NEoGeo, etc. games?

I am thinking about modding my 360 when thatbecomes possible in order to get more functionality out of it, not necessarily to download entire games, although I'll do it to EA games since I don't feel bad skimming some off the top of their mega-blockbuster, slave driving butts.
Old 12-20-2005, 20:04   #7
epsylum
Boolit Hoze

Quote:
MMM...interesting. This kind of brings up the debate of whether or not modding one's Xbox is an unethical thing.
IMO the modding part is just fine. I mean you paid Microsoft for their product, it's now yours to do what you please with it. Now, when I hear reports that MS has erased people's Xbox HDs because of them modding and cheating. That to me, is unethical of MS.

If you do "unethical" things with a modded Xbox, that's on you. I understand MS's want to rid the world of software piracy, but they have to understand their is a boundry that they shouldn't cross.

I do however, feel that they do have right to keep you off of their network, but I think thier banning system is a bit extreme. Maybe keep them off when the chip is activated to reduce on the number of cheaters, but to permantley ban someone's system from ever being able to access the network because they did something to their personal property that MS doesn't like, is just pushing it a bit far.

I for one, have given up on video games for now. I sold my PS2 and ahven't bought any new Xbox games in over a year. They are getting to expensive, the companies are too pushy, and most of all the systems are POSs and break all the time. I gave up after my 2nd PS2 failed on me, just like the first. My brother is on his 3rd Xbox and 2 of my firends are on their 2nd or 3rd Xbox. $300 (now $400) for a POS that barely lasts a year. No Thanks. I stick to computers, at least I can mod them all I want.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:32   #8
illuminate100
CTR

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=28481
Old 12-21-2005, 20:19   #9
epsylum
Boolit Hoze

Quote:
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=28481
scary, I hope they throw that case out.