For the Honda Ridgeline Bashers: MT Truck of the Year

Just saying...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10538220/

;f
JMag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 19:33   #2
epsylum
Boolit Hoze

That award doesn't help it's horrible styling. IMO it looks a lot like an Avalanche and I think the Avalanche looks pretty bad (as in not a good way).

Now the new Tacoma, THAT's a good looking truck.

Also, the few spy shots of the new Tundra I have seen make me believe it's going to be one bad mofo of a truck. They even have a Heavy Duty Truck coming out.

Nissan's Titan isn't too bad either.

Honda makes good quality stuff that holds up well. I relly like the new Civic, the ones I have seen on the street look pretty sweet. But, whoever is styling thier new "trucks" like the Ridgeline and Element, needs to be fired. That Element is giving the Aztec a run for it's money in the "dumbest looking vehicle" catagory.
Epsylum (EE-SAI-LUM)
http://www.ingunowners.com
epsylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 05:55   #3
00blkgt

Yea, trust the car guys for tests on trucks. You should stick with Four Wheel and Off Road or Fourwheeler magazine for truck information.
J
Big Dawg #1488
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
Qouted from Gunman 23
"To balance your wang's strength you must keep your pimp hand strong as well. If not stronger."
00blkgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 20:13   #4
magsnubby
NRA LIFE MEMBER

I don't put much stock in "....of the year" awards. I belive it was Car & Driver TV that did a "....of the year" award on several high end performance cars. Among others was a BMW (don't remember the model) and Corvette. The Corvette beat the BMW in every event except for 2, and they tied in those two. But they gave the "...of the year award" to the BMW because it was more hi tech.
magsnubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 14:36   #5
g27_mengi

How's the mileage on the Ridgeline, anyway?
g27_mengi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 22:48   #6
Asha'man
eat the eat!

V6, IRS, Honduh.....it's a car with a bed.

I'd never own one.

Brian

I have no guns. Guns are bad. I know because the government told me so. The government knows ALL.
Asha'man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 20:53   #7
kevfan

Doesn't the Ridgeline store it's spare in the In Bed Trunk? I guess if you are hauling topsoil and get a flat, you better have a shovel with you.
kevfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 07:15   #8
Kentuckian

I'll keep my '04 F150.
Kentuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 09:14   #9
Rob1035
Skeet Surfer

in theory I like it, but in execution, I cant stand the styling, and the 'fancy' stuff has questionable usefulness.

I'll stick to a tacoma, thanks.
Old 01-07-2006, 14:23   #10
Free Radical
CLM Number 259
Miembro Antiguo

I don't think that they should even be allowed to call a thing like this a "truck" It's more of like a SUV with an open trunk. I guess Pomeranians are technically dogs too, but.....
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:40   #11
mkoricic

I guess the trucks/car/van/thing is ok, but as thousands of employees get laid off here in the US, the japs will be rolling in your money.
mkoricic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:13   #12
Rob1035
Skeet Surfer

I dont think thats for lack of people buying US cars. Every professional I know who actually uses a truck has one from the Big 3. I think corporate decisions have more to do with the layoffs than actual truck sales, I may be wrong though...
Old 01-10-2006, 14:41   #13
OUSooner

Quote:
Originally posted by mkoricic
I guess the trucks/car/van/thing is ok, but as thousands of employees get laid off here in the US, the japs will be rolling in your money.
How can that be when my Ford F-150 is made in Mexico and my wifes Honda Accord is made in USA!
OUSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 18:11   #14
epsylum
Boolit Hoze

Quote:
Originally posted by OUSooner
How can that be when my Ford F-150 is made in Mexico and my wifes Honda Accord is made in USA!
+1

Toyota, Honda, and even Hyundai (I know, not japanese) have plants here. Toyota and Honda produce most of the vehicles they sell here in North America (majority being US and Canada).

But then again, I bet you think the UAW has nothing to do with it.

I have friends who worked for both United and Ford. Both told me how they did almost nothing (one brought a pillow in to sleep and the other brought novels in to read), got paid insane amounts of money (both being well over $20 an hour and unlimited overtime), and basically did their best to "work the system". Then people wonder why both companies are having probelms and lay people off?

Besides if an american car company could make a car that could last longer than 100k before major repairs, they wouldn't be in this mess.
Epsylum (EE-SAI-LUM)
Old 01-10-2006, 23:23   #15
mkoricic

They may have plants in the us but where is there headquaters? Where is toyotas Bill Ford. More like Chogfonguki kimhong poop I think his name is. My point is the sure there built here with non-union workers with ****ty benefits. Think if no foreign cars were here everyone would be driving a american made car. Oh and the guys who f150 he thought was built in mexico, on the ford website states that the F150 is built in Dearborn... Thats Michigan not Mexico smart guy
Poop with rocks in the middle to hit liberals with.HK #187
Old 01-11-2006, 17:08   #16
epsylum
Boolit Hoze

Quote:
They may have plants in the us but where is there headquaters? Where is toyotas Bill Ford. More like Chogfonguki kimhong poop I think his name is. My point is the sure there built here with non-union workers with ****ty benefits. Think if no foreign cars were here everyone would be driving a american made car. Oh and the guys who f150 he thought was built in mexico, on the ford website states that the F150 is built in Dearborn... Thats Michigan not Mexico smart guy
Hmmm, you are UAW aren't you? (the "(poopy) benefits" remark gave it away)

What does where the headquarters is located have to do with anything. They employ lots of americans. They pay competitively and have decent benefits. No, you cannot get away with murder like UAW plants, but that's why they aren't going under (that an they make a much better vehicle).

American car companies are moving to other countries. Japanese car comanies are moving here. The UAW is forcing the big 3 to do this, so they can stay competitive. The Japanese companies are coming in and hiring those that no longer have a job thanks to the UAW.

It's a world economy whether you like it or not. Anything we try to do to stop it will just ultimately hurt us.
Epsylum (EE-SAI-LUM)
Old 01-13-2006, 16:04   #17
OUSooner

Quote:
Sorry but the tag in the door of my 2000 F-150 clearly stated "made in Mexico". If I still had that piece of junk I would take a pic for you. I'll continue to support the America economy by buying America made Honda's which last 2-3 times longer than the **** Detroit is trying to pawn off on us.
OUSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 19:00   #18
epsylum
Boolit Hoze

Quote:
Originally posted by OUSooner
Sorry but the tag in the door of my 2000 F-150 clearly stated "made in Mexico". If I still had that piece of junk I would take a pic for you. I'll continue to support the America economy by buying America made Honda's which last 2-3 times longer than the **** Detroit is trying to pawn off on us.
That just means the tag was made in Mexico. I mean, it's a Ford. It HAS to be made here. ;f
Epsylum (EE-SAI-LUM)
Old 01-19-2006, 22:21   #19
mkoricic

No Im not UAW and Im also not a communist... make what you want of it... Ask yourself what companies have done more for this country. I.E. not toyota, mitsabu****y, that had US POWs working in there factories during WWII. Dude with the F150, know some facts before you open your propaganda lips. poop
Old 01-24-2006, 00:54   #20
ret_marine2003

I remember one of the popular rags giving the AMC/Renault Allience the car of the year award in the early 80's.

;z
Old 01-24-2006, 16:15   #21
Three-Five-Seven
Señor Mombo

I actually own a Ridgeline. I have owned Ford trucks for forty years. The biggest problem I had adjusting to the Ridgeline was the anger that I felt toward the domestic manufacturers for the crap they sell at the prices they ask. This car is generations ahead of the domestic trucks. Each wheel is independently sprung, driven, and braked. The chassis is very stiff, which allows all this engineering to work fabulously. No wobble, no bouncing, no banging, no noise. Ultra low emissions. VTEC.

How can you people have so many opinions when you've never lived with one? Ignorance.

All I have to say to you locals is: drive one. I dare you.
Three-Five-Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 19:55   #22
epsylum
Boolit Hoze

Quote:
No Im not UAW and Im also not a communist... make what you want of it... Ask yourself what companies have done more for this country. I.E. not toyota, mitsabu****y, that had US POWs working in there factories during WWII. Dude with the F150, know some facts before you open your propaganda lips. poop
Okay you are still pissed about Imperialist Japan. I notice in your sig line you have Benellis. Hmmmm What baout the Facist govenment of Italy during WWII? They weren't exactly on our side. Why would you being Mr. USA buy an Italian gun over a Remington? What about your German HK. You know what the Nazis did to our POWs don't you? You bought those becasue you think it is better.

I think Toyotas are better. They are not Imperialist Japan anymore. Germany is not controlled by the Nazi party either.

That was many generations ago. Those people that did those things are for the most part dead or at least not in control.

Besides last time I checked Lexus (read: Toyota) had the least amount of problems in a recent test. With Toyota not far behind.

Isn't it the American way to buy the best product at the best price?

If you are going to make these dumb arguments at least be consistant. Bashing Japanse automakers becaue of WWII and then buying guns from other Axis power countries. ;Q
Epsylum (EE-SAI-LUM)

Last edited by epsylum; 01-24-2006 at 19:58..
Old 01-26-2006, 23:17   #23
mkoricic

Apparently, you are missing the point, the sooners blow and so does toyota,lol;g. No companies perfect, but I would think buying a car and a gun are on 2 different levels, apple and oranges. Show some pride. Remington don’t make handguns. They only offer a low-end semi-auto rifle no high end stuff. Ford on the other hand offers a car in every category that Toyota does.
Old 01-31-2006, 16:47   #24
Original 454

We will need to replace my Mitsubishi soon. Looks like another Mitsu or Honda for me (since Isuzu is not making cars--love my made-in-Indiana Axiom).
Any suggestions for a LARGER sedan? We are both tall people, and subcompacts are not for us. Need something the size of Malibu Maxx or Ford 500
454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 04:09   #25
g27_mengi

Subaru

Did lots of 'homework' before making my first new car purchase in almost 15 years. Subaru was the clear choice: from the all wheel drive, the handling, the muscle, and the money, I'm now driving an Impreza WRX wagon. What a blast to drive this little sleeper. 227hp in car that small and light, plus the functionality of an all-wheel-drive wagon. AND affordable! I've put 20k miles on it since August and I'm lovin' it.

For what it's worth.

So, you're looking for a larger sedan? Check out Subaru's Outback XT.
g27_mengi is offline   Reply With Quote