Found a new one in S.E. Michigan:

DETROIT ARMS, LLC
31733 23 Mile Rd, Bldg. B
Chesterfield, MI 48047

Jim & Doreen Hankins
586-598-5300
www.DetroitArms.com
Sales@DetroitArms.com

I stopped in last week. It's a small family run business with a very friendly, helpful attitude (nice for a change). They are starting out and inventory is modest, but they're very eager to order what you need at vary fair prices. They also take guns on consignment for 10% which is really nice!

Stop by, check them out!
TAC-GLOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 21:59   #62
karttu

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow10mm View Post
Northwoods Trading Post aka Freeman's Firearms
Hancock, MI (Keweenaw Penninsula)

Very good selection of defensive handguns for the area. Rick is a cool guy and pleasure to work with. $30 HG xfers; he xfered my Para from gunbroker. Good selection of firearms. Carries Sig, Beretta, Glock, Springer, Colt, S&W, Taurus, Kel-Tec, Kahr, Ruger, and Magnum Research (singles and the package deals). Also carries Armalite AR-50s..
+++1 on freemans
karttu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:47   #63
SquareRound

ON TARGET in Kalamazoo just plain sucks. High prices, won't do a transfer unless he can't get what you looking for. Sales staff needs alot of help with knowledge of what they are selling. Must have been the day but I know what happen to the three stooges, won't be back.

SHOOTERS CHOICE, my kind of shop. Good people and excellent service and prices.

Last edited by SquareRound; 05-04-2008 at 12:51..
SquareRound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 12:37   #64
Generalcarry
NRA Member

How about these:
http://www.cpltrainer.com/gunlist.html
Old 07-19-2008, 23:03   #65
SithSpawn
My saber is red

I have always like Double Action. Granted its been a few years since I have been there, because I moved to Lansing. The prices were a bit higher then, but I always got great service, and was never talked down to, made to feel like I was intruding, or stuck with a gunshop commando. Guns Galore had great prices, but god help you if you wanted to see a couple of pistols, it was like you were interupting their day. And now that Im in Lansing, I tried Total, and I agree that the range officer is a tool. Also they wanted $75 to do a transfer!! I laughed and hung up the phone.
SithSpawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 11:53   #66
BKG-22

Silver Bullet in Grand Rapids - hands down (and no, I don't work there nor have any relationship to the business or thier owners/employees). They have a good selection, great folks to work with, and I still don't understand how they can be so much cheaper that other LARGER shops that are closer to me. From Glocks, to Sigs, handguns to AR's, they save me more money than it takes the extra gas to get there.

I should also add it is a very nice, professional place of business that I am not afraid to have the wife and kids come in with me if I need to make a quick stop. I can't say that for some of the shops that are closer to me to the south.

I have to drive 45 minutes to get there but it is worth the drive... period!

Edit: didn't want ot mention names, but SqaureRound (above) hits the nail on the head!
Old 10-12-2008, 12:17   #67
BKG-22

I have lived in SW Michigan for 20+ years and have never been to Shooters Choice in Kalamazoo. Will have to stop by.

Someone earlier in this thread mentioned Gary's Guns in Muskegon. As previously described, it is definitely a "mom & pop" looking operation, but I was very impressed. I have only been there once and did not buy anything (was just looking/checking them out). But they were very friendly, had a good selection, and prices seemed to be average if not slightly lower than average (which is good). Definitely cheaper than what folks have to deal with in Kalamazoo.
Old 10-16-2008, 19:59   #68
Sheepdog

Please add:

Five-O Distributors, Inc.
6784 Allen Road
Allen Park, MI 48101
Website
Phone: (313) 382-COPS (2677)

Specializing in LE equipment and firearms

Note: Five-O Distributors, Inc. is open to law enforcement, active military, and public safety officials only. Department/Agency ID is required for many items in the store, including LE priced firearms.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

(313) 382 COPS

Last edited by 60259; 10-17-2008 at 04:01.. Reason: Add note.
60259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 21:13   #69
EandE

Duncan's Outdoor Shop, Bay City

300-400 handguns on display plus long guns, indoor pistol and rifle ranges, onsite gunsmithing, GSSF indoor match range, Glock Days with the Glock matches. Great place to play
EandE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 14:59   #70
The Chairman
Crusty Member

Anyone know anything about Point Blank shooting range and gun shop in Benton Harbor, MI?
Old 03-22-2009, 20:53   #71
Harmzway

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsbell View Post
You can add:

Silver Bullet Firearms
(616)249-1911
http://www.silverbulletfirearms.com
5121 S. Division
Wyoming, MI 49548
I will NEVER go back to silver bullet again. I have bought a few fire arms from them as well as several holsters and ammo. however, after my last pistol purchase, I finally had enough of the "I know way more than you ever will or could" attitude i recieved from all but the gunsmith and 1 retiree named Pete.
I couldint ask for my preferred brand of ammo with out getting snyde remarks and moreover, was wicked pissed when My Wife called me in tears over the way She was treated when she bought CCI Stingers for home defense. (She is just starting out and that is all she is comfortable shooting at the moment.)
I now spend ALL of my gun and ammo money at a small shop in Muskegon.(port city pistol)
the day that silver bullet goes under, I will gleefully mitriate on the doors.
Old 03-28-2009, 20:09   #72
AITruckGuy
NRA Life member

I'll agree with two: Gary's Guns in Muskegon is first rate. I ordered an FN P-9 from him the day before New Year's Eve two years ago. He had it the next day, and charged me $20 less than anyplace else I could find.

MI Police Supply is also A-1. Dave takes care of me on everything I need: from an extra magazine to a new G-17 I get the same good treatment.

I'm sorry to read that the above poster had a bad experience at the Silver Bullet. The place is first class in every way, but a little pricier than Gary's. I did meet one employee (retired, old grouch) that was a PITA. Every one else has been first class. The two men that own the place work hard to treat people fairly - if you take your complaint to Doug or Rick I'm sure thay would want to hear about it.
AITruckGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 15:30   #73
NFEDERIC

I go to Port City Pistol in Muskegon all the time! Its nice that it's on my way home and that its open till 8 during the week. I like Gary's alot as well, although his hours make it so I can't go there very often.. Peggy and Gary are definately first rate and Greg and Mark at Port City are Excellent as well!! For both shops being alot smaller than others might be used to, the customer service at both shops is beyond amazing! If you haven't been to either, you owe it to yourself to check them out some time!
NFEDERIC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 14:04   #74
COBO19

I bought my G19 and my S/W 325 PD from Target Sports in Royal Oak, they seem ok to me, am I missing something
BEWARE THE FURY OF A PATIENT MAN -Dryden
COBO19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:09   #75
November Sunrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenia View Post
I don't know squat but I met this guy when I visited Total. I am a woman and I figured I was treated as I was for that reason. I know a jerk when I see them and this guy sure was. Now, normally, I put a guy like that down a peg or two from the get go. Instead, I just put up with him. I also paid for the full hour of range time... when I only wanted to test a G-19 and shot only 10 rounds!

I could have used the full hour... just for fun, but I didn't want to stay there. I just had a bad feeling about the place. Besides, they guy wanted me to sign up for $75 an hour private lessons. I can assure you.... this woman knows a thing or two about characters... no way was I going to go out of my way to spend alone time with him.

No one has mentioned Schupbachs in Jackson. After I bought my gun from Michigan Police Equipment Co. in Lansing, I went there for some ammunition and other supplies. I made a comment to them that I had bought the Glock but never had them show me how to clean it and I was a newby. I said I read on line how to do it, read the manual but still couldn't do it. The man had me bring my gun in and spent over 30 minutes with me helping me learn how to take the slide off. (I thought I had lack of hand strength but after he lubed it... I had no trouble.) No charge! Now, THAT is a Gentleman with a capital "G".

I can attest to Schupbachs as well. They have a lot of knowledge in their staff and have a ton of firearms on hand as well. I buy some type of item from them almost weekly. Yea, I can get some general items for a few cents cheaper from walmart but the service is worth the extra pennies. They are also the largest Mathews dealer in the NATION if your into archery.
Schupbachs Sporting Goods
141 West Pearl
Jackson, Mi 49201
517-782-8418
November Sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 21:25   #76
Tril

Quote:
Originally Posted by AITruckGuy View Post
I'll agree with two: Gary's Guns in Muskegon is first rate. I ordered an FN P-9 from him the day before New Year's Eve two years ago. He had it the next day, and charged me $20 less than anyplace else I could find.

MI Police Supply is also A-1. Dave takes care of me on everything I need: from an extra magazine to a new G-17 I get the same good treatment.

I'm sorry to read that the above poster had a bad experience at the Silver Bullet. The place is first class in every way, but a little pricier than Gary's. I did meet one employee (retired, old grouch) that was a PITA. Every one else has been first class. The two men that own the place work hard to treat people fairly - if you take your complaint to Doug or Rick I'm sure thay would want to hear about it.
I'm also sorry to hear about bad experiences at TSB, but I'm pretty sure it's all the same guy. I'm sort of a noob when it comes to pistols, and there is only one person there that ever gave me a bad vibe. Old grouchy d-bag, seems bothered to help anyone. That being said, he was SOMEWHAT justified.

I was checking out a HK they had as a rental, as I'm looking to buy a P2000 or a P30. Apparently, I had swept him once or twice while I was looking at it. I think I was watching the hammer action while dry firing. It's kind of new to me, as my first and only pistol is a Glock. As I said, he was completely in the right to say something, but when he did it was very snotty and actually startled me a bit. It was a lazy, quiet day in there. The part that pissed me off the most was after the fact, when we were walking over to the rental counter, I apologized for it and explained that I'm a noobie, and he didn't say a word to even acknowledge what I had said. Again, he was totally justified for correcting me, but being berated is NOT the way to do it. I work for one of the largest, technically involved, sales oriented, customer facing companies in the country, so you could say I know a thing or two about customer service. I give him a grade of EPIC FAIL. He should be let go, as he realistically is probably costing them money.

Ok, my rant is done.

On a more positive note, I can highly recommend that if anyone goes to TSB, try to deal with or talk to Jeremiah. Great dude, friendly, knowledgable, and is more than willing to spend some time with someone that might need some knowledge and info.

There's another guy there I had a great experience with, I feel bad that I can't think of his name right now. Shorter, skinnier guy, a self proclaimed Glock freak. Down right fantastic at explaining anything.

All in all, a big +1 for TSB. Unfortunately, as is typical of any retail environment, there's just 1 or 2 d-bags in any store.
Tril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:45   #77
fulltang
not normal

another vote for On Target in Kalamazoo. They have been doing right by me for over 20 years.
Old 06-18-2009, 18:06   #78
wlkrbob

Send a message via Yahoo to wlkrbob
In MY opinion, I have always been treated GREAT at:
The Hock Shop In Port Huron
VF Sports in Port Huron
Michi-gun in St Clair Shores
Peters in Roseville
Bullets and Broadheads in Kimball
Firing Line in Westland

DID NOT CARE for the second time I went into Target Sports in Royal oak, and WILL NOT purchase anything from them.
Kimber Stainless Raptor and Crimson Carry
wlkrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 14:37   #79
michiganGLOCK

Another great gun shop is Action Impact in detroit on 8 mile

I bought my Glock 26 brand-new from them and I cannot say anything negative about them. They respectful and curtious to any person walking in the door whether they are buying a new gun or a pack of snap-caps. Their range it top-notch and if I didn't find this gun shop then I wouldn't be going to shoot every single week.
michiganGLOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 21:12   #80
Glock Racer

Try 'Peter's Gun Shop & Indoor Range' - in Roseville @ 28631 Gratiot. All (well most of 'em) the guys working there are Glock armorers! If they don't know the answere to your questions they WILL find it. Some of the most knowledgeable folks around, what one may not know the other does! Best prices I've seen over all. This place has been around nearly 40 years! It's not the most modern place (by far) but rapid fire is allowed if you hit the target. :-) Absolutely the most friendly place around.
Glock Racer is offline   Reply With Quote