Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-23-2010, 20:50   #1
ricky

Need Info On My World War II 45

My 45 was made in 1943 and was inspected by Guy H. Drewery.

It has matching numbers frame and slide, left side of gun by slide stop or slide lock say's "long Napa Ca".

I cannot find anything on the long napa ca deal, I went to sight m1911 and there was no refernce to it.

Does anyone have any ideas on what that means or possibly the value of this thing?
Old 07-23-2010, 21:08   #2
Quack
Rent this space

pics?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 21:13   #3
KalashniKEV

Sounds like an import mark... name, city, state.
KalashniKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:49   #4
ricky

Don't have pics,can't find any info on why it would have the Napa stamping though?

Guess i will have to send info to Colt and see what I can come up with.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:23   #5
Quack
Rent this space

Is it a Colt?
In your original post you never said who the manufacturer was.

Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:15   #6
CAcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
Sounds like an import mark... name, city, state.
Napa is not a very big town. It was a tiny town through much of the last century. I can't picture an importer there unless is was some dude who had some sort of shop going for a little while.

My guess, without seeing pics, would be that someone named Long carried it in the war and personalized it. Either that or he left it in his car and scribbled on it in case it got stolen. Like I said Napa was pretty tiny for a long time and finding a guy named Long would be pretty easy. Even now it might not take long.
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 21:52   #7
ricky

It is made by Colt and all markings are not scribbled as they appear stamped in.
Need to save the money to get the original paperwork from Colt.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:34   #8
jrs93accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky View Post
It is made by Colt and all markings are not scribbled as they appear stamped in.
Need to save the money to get the original paperwork from Colt.
Are both, the receiver and slide, marked Colt?

A bad day shooting beats a great day working!
jrs93accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:07   #9
KalashniKEV

Just post a picture.
KalashniKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:03   #10
ricky

super super busy maybe today.
Attached Thumbnails
1911 Forums - Click for larger version   1911 Forums - Click for larger version   1911 Forums - Click for larger version  

Last edited by ricky; 07-27-2010 at 21:14..
ricky is offline   Reply With Quote