SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-27-2005, 06:06   #1
Namron

needs advice & recommendations.....

Hi Guys,

I'm getting so excited for the release of my first gun ARMSCOR .40cal first week next month, I also make a reservations for 200rds of FMJ ammo for break-in during my 1 week vacation.
And, one of the salesman in gun store suggesting me to install Tony Pascual stabilizer for the less recoil effect & more enjoyable to fire the unit, is this true?

Any suggestions guys?

Thank you all!
namron
Namron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 06:47   #2
Django

Enjoy your gun on it's "as is where is" condition meanwhile. Put as many rounds as you can afford downrange and "know your gun". Familiarize yourself with its operation, peculiarities and more importantly, how it behaves during and after you have hammered a round off.

Then, down the road as you progress , start scouting around for the "bells and whistles" which you would want to install in your gun. For sure, there will be quite a lot which will strike your fancy. Choose those which will enhance safety and reliability and maybe later, those which will transform your gun into something aesthetically pleasing to the eye of the beholder.

Personally, I could not feel any difference in the perceived recoil whether there is a Tony Pascual extended recoil spring guide or none.

Needless to say, know the basics of Gun Safety before you embark in any undertaking involving a gun. Any range officer would be more than willing to assist you here.

Advise us of your range schedule. Maybe some BOGs will be free during that time. We'll be glad to help out.
Django is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 07:17   #3
Namron

'as is where is'

Django,

Thank you very much for your reply! I will take your advice. I will be there in Manila Jan.10 & leaving on Jan.17. I will be available to join BOG shooting any day of that week.
Please, let me know your schedule guys.

Thanks,
namron
Old 12-27-2005, 07:50   #4
Django

OK. I assume you will be shooting your new gun at the Armscor Range since you are a member there already. Keep your fingers crossed and hope that there won't be any shoot on the weekend of the 14th. Then we will arrange something for you and your new gun.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:08   #5
MR_BIG

Namron

first thing u have to replace are the sights, after a while, trigger, internals, barrel, slide, etc etc, you'll wake up one morning, frame nalang ang original ;f ;f ;f
MR_BIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 18:53   #6
Namron

Replacement parts.!

first thing u have to replace are the sights, after a while, trigger, internals, barrel, slide, etc etc, you'll wake up one morning, frame nalang ang original

MR_BIG,
Yes, also thinking to do that. Very excited na nga to see the result. But, the gunstore salesman told me to do those things after 1 year,para di raw ma-void warranty.

Django,
I'm shooting in Armscor MCS(formerly Northstar), do you still firing there? Maybe, see you guys in Gunshow, when is your schedule to visit gunshow.

Thanks again!
namron
Old 12-28-2005, 04:01   #7
Django

OK. PM me as soon as you're here in the country.
Old 12-28-2005, 17:19   #8
Ersatz0906

Quote:
Originally posted by MR_BIG
Namron

first thing u have to replace are the sights, after a while, trigger, internals, barrel, slide, etc etc, you'll wake up one morning, frame nalang ang original ;f ;f ;f
if you got the money why not buy all the good stuff and assemble it to make a custom gun rather buying the whole gun then change the parts that is still working properly. you could save alot of cash right?

hehe sorry for hijacking the tread ha
Ersatz0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 19:51   #9
jasonub

why coz you can shoot immediately. if you save up, it may take you a long time to buy the parts you want or need due to price and availability.

or if your patient which is not a trait of shooters with their guns you can just save up and watch your fellow shooters have fun while you wait.;f
jasonub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 20:16   #10
vega

Quote:
Originally posted by Ersatz0906
if you got the money why not buy all the good stuff and assemble it to make a custom gun rather buying the whole gun then change the parts that is still working properly. you could save alot of cash right?

hehe sorry for hijacking the tread ha
Because he only have a week vacation to enjoy his pistol. He's working outside the country.

vega
BOG #005
vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 21:17   #11
Namron

Thank you!

Django,
Thank you very much po sir, for being accomodating/inviting me to join in your funshoot or giving time for me to learn more about my unit. I will try another flight to be there in Manila on Jan.8, by Monday (jan.9) I will be getting my unit & hopefully all my legal documents have been processed.I will send PM when I get there.

Ersatz0906,
Yes, I'm still planning to buy a good brand of unit later. My first choice before is a Para but, for the mean time I decided to have my Armscor as my first gun and based on recommendations of most BOG members.I want to educate myself about the unit first & baka di ko masyado ma-enjoy kung maganda agad unit ko dahil matagal na 2 weeks ko dyan sa Manila every year.

Really don't know anything about the unit and ammo differences & some legal documents of owning a gun. What I knew is when you pull the trigger with a bullet in a chamber, it will fire!!!
Now, I am really getting so excited to have my unit and I was being so fascinated how other members here are customizing their units.

Thank you very much to all your concern!

namron
Old 12-29-2005, 00:22   #12
Ersatz0906

oh ya limited lng pla time mo...

pro mga sir if I'm planning to compete will it be wise to buy parts by parts? can you really save money compare on buying the whole gun then change it.

I do not compete but would like to, can someone here advice me or some new comer what brand of parts that I need to buy to make a good custom gun?

hehehe sorry again cguro I'll make a new tread na lng...;f

PS sir Namron post sa BOGS experience mo next month after you shoot your new gun

Last edited by Ersatz0906; 12-29-2005 at 00:24..
Ersatz0906 is offline   Reply With Quote